I was "assaulted" today.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: I was "assaulted" today.

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Rafe wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:45 amDoesn't TAM have a bunch of years of martial arts experience in him? Not the correct reaction at all in that instance, but it would still have been satisfying as a spectator to see the idiot's hand touch TAM's shoulder, and have TAM instantly do some sort of Jet Li Chin-Na joint locking stuff to drop him to his knees before he had time to blink. :mrgreen:
I have some martial arts experience (a brown belt in one art, and other lower belts in others), but that was a long time ago. The last time someone assaulted me from behind was in about mid 1977, in NYC. I didn’t hear his approach because of traffic noise (it was mid-afternoon on a weekday, on Central Park South). When he shoved me, I pivoted on my right foot so I was quartered to him, weak side out, and lashed out with a right backhand punch to the bridge of his nose, producing a satisfying crunching noise. That was the end of the fight. I’ve twice disarmed someone with a knife, using a back roundhouse kick, ending the confrontations both times. I’ve never gotten into a knockdown dragout fight. I didn’t have to.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PUCKER »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:00 pm
Rafe wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:45 amDoesn't TAM have a bunch of years of martial arts experience in him? Not the correct reaction at all in that instance, but it would still have been satisfying as a spectator to see the idiot's hand touch TAM's shoulder, and have TAM instantly do some sort of Jet Li Chin-Na joint locking stuff to drop him to his knees before he had time to blink. :mrgreen:
I have some martial arts experience (a brown belt in one art, and other lower belts in others), but that was a long time ago. The last time someone assaulted me from behind was in about mid 1977, in NYC. I didn’t hear his approach because of traffic noise (it was mid-afternoon on a weekday, on Central Park South). When he shoved me, I pivoted on my right foot so I was quartered to him, weak side out, and lashed out with a right backhand punch to the bridge of his nose, producing a satisfying crunching noise. That was the end of the fight. I’ve twice disarmed someone with a knife, using a back roundhouse kick, ending the confrontations both times. I’ve never gotten into a knockdown dragout fight. I didn’t have to.
Kung Flu Panda! Wait, I mean Kung Fu Panda! Impressive skills, TAM! :tiphat:

The world is getting crazier and crazier. Glad it all worked out but that guy was definitely out of line.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

I ain’t messin’ with TAM! :smash: :mrgreen:

K-Texas
Banned

Post by K-Texas »

The guy sounds like a liberal jerk who was aware of the 06 posting. Might have even assumed you were a CHL type who was obeying facility rules. Just what we need in this country, younger versions of Michael Moore the movie jerk.

I certainly believe that you handled it correctly. With those types of people, had you responded in kind it might have been him phoning the police accusing you of instigating the whole thing. ;-)
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

flechero

Post by flechero »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:05 pm I passed within about 3-4 ft of him. As I passed by him, he reached out and shoved me from behind on my right shoulder, and shouted
You should have pulled down your mask for effect and said "you little..." cough cough cough "oh never mind - if you hadn't startled me, I wouldn't have coughed on you! " :lol:

ELB

Post by ELB »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:05 pm I passed within about 3-4 ft of him. As I passed by him, he reached out and shoved me from behind on my right shoulder, and shouted
My patience these days is not what it used to be. I probably wouldn't roundhouse him to the head, but I'd be sorely tempted to ask everyone around if they witnessed this and call the cops. I'll bet this guy is a joy in traffic out on the street.
USAF 1982-2005

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

After thinking more about it...best response “Sorry, Karen.”

dlh

Post by dlh »

Did he shout, "Whatz-a-mattah-which-yuz??"....Sorry, could not resist. :)
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Oh, and I meant to say, ...
The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:05 pm ...

I never found out who the guy was other than his first name being "Karen", ...
That's funny! "rlol"
USAF 1982-2005

Bozz48

Post by Bozz48 »

So, in order to maintain social distancing, he made actual physical contact with you. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

How dare that sorry dog put his hands on anyone -it could have been my father or father in law. Enraging. I would have called the police & let him go through the process.

Im not a lawyer but I drink coffee with LEO's on a regular basis :mrgreen: I often hear the term, 'offensive touch' and this may be it, and the penalty may increase to a class A misdemeanor if the victim is elderly.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

I'm sorry that happened to you, TAM. You showed a lot of restraint.

I've observed, both in my profession and personally, that people will become aggressive with someone when they believe they can get away with it. He knew he was in a medical office, and he assumed that you were older and unable to counter him. Also, he was playing the Covid card for witnesses. Obviously, he is not concerned about Covid since he reached out and made physical contact with you. However, he was definitely being aggressive while painting himself as the victim; I see this often with students.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”