Why Do You Need To Wear A Gun In My Store?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

E10
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Why Do You Need To Wear A Gun In My Store?

Post by E10 »

glazer1972 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:08 am My wife favorite jewelry store here in town is oc friendly. The one I like is also.
You have a jewelry store you like?! As far as I'm concerned, as well as antique shops, nail salons, yoga studios, etc., there's no such thing.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

AndyC wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:52 am "Why Do You Need To Wear A Gun In My Store?" - Because you can't protect yourself, let alone me when I'm in here.
Send her a legal contract in which she promises to protect you and your family members from violence, and accepts full and complete financial responsibility, on a personal level, for any harm that may come to any of you in the event that anyone causes you harm while in her store or parking lot.

Tell her that if she'll sign that, you'll feel comfortable giving up the ability to protect yourself while in her store.

glazer1972
Posts in topic: 2

Post by glazer1972 »

E10 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:49 pm
glazer1972 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:08 am My wife favorite jewelry store here in town is oc friendly. The one I like is also.
You have a jewelry store you like?! As far as I'm concerned, as well as antique shops, nail salons, yoga studios, etc., there's no such thing.
I like watches so jewelry store is a necessary evil. I do frequent real antique stores also. I like double edge safety razors and us made tools so sometimes I meander through a couple.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

My favorite uncle was a watchmaker and jeweler in Snyder Plaza in Dallas. You could bring him a watch in a teacup, every part loose, and by the end of the day he'd hand you the watch keeping as close to perfect time as it was capable of. He made jewelry with the lost wax process so you'd have a one of a kind piece. He also did hand engraving so he could engrave inside things not just outside. He was fascinating to watch work.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Just wondering what they charge for a watch repair these days. I have a Citizen wrist watch i left too long in the dark and it stopped working. It charges itself with daylight

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Take Down Sicko wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:35 pm Just wondering what they charge for a watch repair these days. I have a Citizen wrist watch i left too long in the dark and it stopped working. It charges itself with daylight
I have a Casio Pathfinder watch that was completely solar. It worked great for about 15 years then would no longer charge nor synchronize with the atomic clock each night. It was a great watch. I even tried putting it directly under a UV lamp to see if I just wasn't spending enough time outside for it to charge. No luck. I figure something just finally failed. Oh well, $225ish for about 15 years worth of excellent time keeping, features and no batteries I think I got my money's worth.

Have you tried the UV lamp thing? It might be like a little jump start. IDK
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

C-dub wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:15 pm
Take Down Sicko wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:35 pm Just wondering what they charge for a watch repair these days. I have a Citizen wrist watch i left too long in the dark and it stopped working. It charges itself with daylight
I have a Casio Pathfinder watch that was completely solar. It worked great for about 15 years then would no longer charge nor synchronize with the atomic clock each night. It was a great watch. I even tried putting it directly under a UV lamp to see if I just wasn't spending enough time outside for it to charge. No luck. I figure something just finally failed. Oh well, $225ish for about 15 years worth of excellent time keeping, features and no batteries I think I got my money's worth.

I've got one of those $200 citizens.. They keep better time than a $20,000 Rolex. I never understood what was so wonderful about expensive that keep worse time than a cheap solar quartz watch.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Liberty wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:38 pm
C-dub wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:15 pm

I've got one of those $200 citizens.. They keep better time than a $20,000 Rolex. I never understood what was so wonderful about expensive that keep worse time than a cheap solar quartz watch.
NO...Haven't tried a UV lamp. i put it outside like Jrs_Diesel advised. Still not running. Thanks for the advise. I just put it under the UV lamp in the restroom. Dont know if it will be close enough to my watch to do any good. will see.

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

Put the watch on a window sill or under a lamp for a couple of days. It'll recharge. I have 4 of the Eco Drive citizens. I now have a glass top watch case for them because of that.

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

clarionite wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:59 pm
Put the watch on a window sill or under a lamp for a couple of days. It'll recharge. I have 4 of the Eco Drive citizens. I now have a glass top watch case for them because of that.
The one I have the hardest time keeping wound is the watch my daughter bought me that uses kinetic energy to wind. I've thought of buying one of the cases that shift it from time to time to wind it.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

I doubt I'll be able to find the receipt but I had an authorized Citizen repair shop in Richardson fix mine. It was not holding a charge like it used and was maybe 5 or 6 years old at the time. He said it's rare but sometimes it happens. Even after leaving it on the window sill, it would lose charge a day or so later unless I was constantly leaving it in the sun. Must have been reasonably priced as I don't remember complaining that it was overly expensive. And they gave the watch a good cleaning as well. .

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Those solar watches must have batteries to store a charge while not in the light. Batteries don't last forever.
Charlie

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

TxRVer wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:44 pm Those solar watches must have batteries to store a charge while not in the light. Batteries don't last forever.
When I took mine in, he called it a capacitor. Which I would think would have a very long life span even compared to a rechargeable battery.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:56 pm
TxRVer wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:44 pm Those solar watches must have batteries to store a charge while not in the light. Batteries don't last forever.
When I took mine in, he called it a capacitor. Which I would think would have a very long life span even compared to a rechargeable battery.
Like any electronic component, capacitors can fail. I've seen plenty do just that.
Charlie

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”