Why Do You Need To Wear A Gun In My Store?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 2

Why Do You Need To Wear A Gun In My Store?

Post by Jim Beaux »

Around 3 yrs ago, the previous owner of this jewelry store posted a 30.06/07 sign. Being a long time acquaintance, I sent her a friendly email telling her as long as the signs were up I could no longer patronize her store.

She emailed back asking why I felt the need to wear a gun in her store. I replied its not just your store, what about your parking lot, what about driving to your store? I certainly dont want to leave my gun in the car for someone to steal. She blew me off inferring I was paranoid but would always be welcome without my gun.

If she still owned the store I would go by there today for coffee. :evil2:

https://www.panews.com/2020/08/11/jeep- ... -beaumont/
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Why Do You Need To Wear A Gun In My Store?

Post by Tex1961 »

About a year back I went out to get an anniversary gift for my wife.... Went to a local fairly popular jewelry store.. Stepped out of my truck and immediately saw the very large 30.06 / 07 signs on the door... Got back in and googled jewelry store near me... Found one 1/2 mile away.. No signs, walked in. Nice lady behind the counter asked what I was looking for and what made me decide to shop at their store... I grinned and said that I went to X store a few minutes before but they seem to want to take away some of my constitutional rights... She smiled at me and said yep... I carry too....

I walked out with a nice necklace for my wife and they got an extra $700.00 that day...

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Jim Beaux wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:16 am Around 3 yrs ago, the previous owner of this jewelry store posted a 30.06/07 sign. Being a long time acquaintance, I sent her a friendly email telling her as long as the signs were up I could no longer patronize her store.

She emailed back asking why I felt the need to wear a gun in her store. I replied its not just your store, what about your parking lot, what about driving to your store? I certainly dont want to leave my gun in the car for someone to steal. She blew me off inferring I was paranoid but would always be welcome without my gun.

If she still owned the store I would go by there today for coffee. :evil2:

https://www.panews.com/2020/08/11/jeep- ... -beaumont/

Does the current owner still have the signs posted? If so you may want to contact them and ask why?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

Jusme wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:50 am Does the current owner still have the signs posted? If so you may want to contact them and ask why?
Heck, maybe I should swing by for coffee? :thumbs2:
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

striker55

Post by striker55 »

I avoid any store with the 30.06 sign

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

Yep. I see those and read, "You are not welcome here."

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I'm a smart aleck. Part of my reply is I understand 30.07 but why would they alienate around 1.5 million potential customers with a 30.06 sign? Do they also ban any customers wearing red underwear and how do they know who that is? Some get it. Some don't. None of them get my money.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Y’all need to come on down to Houston. You wear your gun in Mrs. Vol Texan’s jewelry store, and she’ll thank you for doing so (and then compare carry guns with you). :lol::
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

mcscanner

Post by mcscanner »

I had this thought as I got to the last post in the thread.

"Precious metals… gold, platinum and silver vs. steel, aluminum alloy and plastic go well together."

I think we can identify which jewelry is made of for open carry and concealed carry.

I had to take poetic license with plastic. To prevalent to leave out. :roll:

Mike
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Tex1961 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:43 am About a year back I went out to get an anniversary gift for my wife.... Went to a local fairly popular jewelry store.. Stepped out of my truck and immediately saw the very large 30.06 / 07 signs on the door... Got back in and googled jewelry store near me... Found one 1/2 mile away.. No signs, walked in. Nice lady behind the counter asked what I was looking for and what made me decide to shop at their store... I grinned and said that I went to X store a few minutes before but they seem to want to take away some of my constitutional rights... She smiled at me and said yep... I carry too....

I walked out with a nice necklace for my wife and they got an extra $700.00 that day...
A few years ago, I had the exact same experience in Southlake. James Avery Artisan Jewelry (not posted) is literally about 150-200 yards across a parking lot from Jared's (posted). Guess who gets my business? Jared's could burn down, and I wouldn’t even notice it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

There are just a lot of people who have never been near a g... g... g... GUN, and simply can't tolerate even thinking about one. For example, the Austin convenience store owner who put up a 30-06 sign because he "didn't want to get robbed."

Or another example: when we had our home up for sale a few years ago, a couple and the wife's mother were walking around looking at it. Suddenly the mother squealed and whined and rushed out of the room. I followed her and she was standing on the front porch, eyes bugging out. I thought maybe she'd seen a mouse or something. Nope. My glass-fronted gun cabinet was in one room, containing a shotgun, a plain bolt action deer rifle (.243), and a .22. Her behavior was her reaction to seeing that cabinet. Yep. I kid you not.

These people are out there, and there are a lot of them, and they are voters. This woman at the jewelry store is probably one of them.
-Ruark

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I went to an independent Jewelry store near me to have my wedding ring polished and my wife's ring cleaned. No signs. I'm not sure if the owner/employees were CCing, but behind the counter toward the back where their safe was there was a 12ga pistol grip shotgun leaning against the open safe door. I had the impression it was loaded. :shock: And I was carrying.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

glazer1972

Post by glazer1972 »

My wife favorite jewelry store here in town is oc friendly. The one I like is also.

EP45

Post by EP45 »

The issue that causes me problems is when supposedly pro-Constitution, supposedly pro-2nd Amendment individuals put 30.06/30.07 signs up. The number one issue I hear is that I want to carry in my store but I do not want you (obviously LTC holder) to carry in my store. There are various reasons for this but I find these fallacious and maddening.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”