SA International Airport

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
MP(Ret)95B
Posts in topic: 3

SA International Airport

Post by MP(Ret)95B »

Is it legal to CC in the non-secure part of SA Intl Airport (i.e. ticketing area, arrival/baggage area)?
Saw the postings on the door the other day and they are confusing to me.
I pick up and drop off our clients there quite frequently and sometimes have to go into the airport to meet them. I CC every day and just want to make sure that I'm legal when I do have to enter the airport. I believe I am (as I never go past the TSA checks).
Thanks
<MP>

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: SA International Airport

Post by ELB »

Yes. SA is a city owned airport.

I haven't seen the signs lately, but likely they are intended to be confusing.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
MP(Ret)95B

Post by MP(Ret)95B »

Good copy and thank you Sir :patriot:
Don't remember seeing them before but saw them the other day.
It had a code (didn't see the full code) but I remember it ended with .03.
Regards,
<MP>

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

30.03 has to do with burglary of a coin operated machine or coin collection machine.

I'd bet it was 30.05 dealing with criminal trespass.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

C-dub wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:18 pm 30.03 has to do with burglary of a coin operated machine or coin collection machine.

It might have been a misstatement of 46.03, Places Weapons Prohibited, which mentions the secured area of an airport.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
MP(Ret)95B

Post by MP(Ret)95B »

srothstein wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:23 am
C-dub wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:18 pm 30.03 has to do with burglary of a coin operated machine or coin collection machine.

It might have been a misstatement of 46.03, Places Weapons Prohibited, which mentions the secured area of an airport.
That would make sense. As I said, the wording was very confusing.
Thank you,
<MP>

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

LDP wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:43 am Unless there are stupid 07 and 06 signs posted, the terminal is not off limits to law-abiding citizen. Of course once you are past the TSA check point, you will be defenseless.
And even if there are 06 and 07 signs posted, they are illegal and hence not regulatory and many still go in armed anyway.

The whole gun free zone past TSA check points is a security theater anyway. If someone wanted to kill a bunch of passengers on an airline, they could just fly a C210 into SAT, have it packed with a ton of C4 and simply taxi it under and airliner and push the button. Why terrorists don't do that is beyond me. There is pretty much no control over airplanes if they wanted to collide on the tarmac.
But let's disarm the lawful citizen to make the sheeple feel better in their fluffy hollow heads.
You can't just taxi a general aviation airplane into the ramp where air carriers are. At TSA airports, there is a SIDA (special ID area) which is clearly marked with a red boundary. If you are not authorized into that area, you will have red dots all over you. Sure, it could be attempted, but I don't think you'd get as far as you suggest.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Is it legal to carry Chick-Fil-A at SAT now?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

ELB

Post by ELB »

OneGun wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:50 am Is it legal to carry Chick-Fil-A at SAT now?
LOL. Legal, but you'll still have to bring your own. I doubt the concession is up and operating yet.
USAF 1982-2005

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

LDP wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:43 am Unless there are stupid 07 and 06 signs posted, the terminal is not off limits to law-abiding citizen. Of course once you are past the TSA check point, you will be defenseless.
And even if there are 06 and 07 signs posted, they are illegal and hence not regulatory and many still go in armed anyway.

The whole gun free zone past TSA check points is a security theater anyway. If someone wanted to kill a bunch of passengers on an airline, they could just fly a C210 into SAT, have it packed with a ton of C4 and simply taxi it under and airliner and push the button. Why terrorists don't do that is beyond me. There is pretty much no control over airplanes if they wanted to collide on the tarmac.
But let's disarm the lawful citizen to make the sheeple feel better in their fluffy hollow heads.
They would not taxi in. As pointed out, it is not as easy as it seems. But flying into a building or another airplane is still easy and doesn't give security time to react.
Steve Rothstein

NavAir

Post by NavAir »

srothstein wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:47 pm

They would not taxi in. As pointed out, it is not as easy as it seems. But flying into a building or another airplane is still easy and doesn't give security time to react.
I fly into SAT occasionally in GA aircraft. No physical barriers to taxiing into the wrong part of the ramp (or onto the active runway when not cleared to do so, for that matter). I'm sure that if you deviated significantly from your taxi instructions without a good reason, they would send an Airport Police unit out to meet you, but that would take time...

At SAT the terminals and GA facilities are adjacent to each other (unlike other airports like College Station, where GA and airline terminals are on opposite sides of the field).

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

ELB wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:18 am Yes. SA is a city owned airport.

I haven't seen the signs lately, but likely they are intended to be confusing.
:thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
Cities aren't supposed to post 30.06/30.07 signs unless it is an otherwise prohibited location.
See Texas Government Code § 411.209 Wrongful Exclusion of Handgun License Holder
Also See 46.03(a)(5) & 46.035 & 46.15(b)(1) and (b)(2) + 46.02 Penal Code
I'm no Lawyer and didn't stay at Holiday Inn recently

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”