Current CHL renewal?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
orionengnr
Posts in topic: 1

Current CHL renewal?

Post by orionengnr »

Last time around for me was my third (second renewal).
Some things had changed between the first and second, and again from the second to the third.
Most notably, mail in was all that was required.

My wife is coming up on her first renewal in about a year, and I am wondering what the latest procedures are.
Can anyone help me fill in the blanks? Of course, it may change again by then... :)

Mike S

Re: Current CHL renewal?

Post by Mike S »

It's really simple to renew the LTC. Simply log in as a "Returning User", fill out the application online, & pay the renewal fee. Here's the link to the DPS' page (same page for changing address or lost/stolen card. If she's not within the 6-month window for renewal, that option won't be shown yet):

https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ltc/

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Ditto the simple. You/wife should receive a reminder letter from DPS at the 6 month mark or so. As Mark S said, you can't do anything until inside 6 months.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Mike S wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:21 am It's really simple to renew the LTC. Simply log in as a "Returning User", fill out the application online, & pay the renewal fee. Here's the link to the DPS' page (same page for changing address or lost/stolen card. If she's not within the 6-month window for renewal, that option won't be shown yet):

This is the way.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

oljames3 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:23 pm
Mike S wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:21 am It's really simple to renew the LTC. Simply log in as a "Returning User", fill out the application online, & pay the renewal fee. Here's the link to the DPS' page (same page for changing address or lost/stolen card. If she's not within the 6-month window for renewal, that option won't be shown yet):

This is the way.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

I just renewed mine this way...25 business days from submission to plastic in hand.

pawn

Post by pawn »

I did mine online, super easy, pretty quick

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”