Now that we’re back....

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
DaveT
Posts in topic: 2

Now that we’re back....

Post by DaveT »

First, thanks to all who helped bring the site back to life!

Next... since there hasn't been any been any new posts in a while, does anyone have a current timeline on how long new applications are taking to be processed?

Thanks!

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Now that we’re back....

Post by Abraham »

Dave,

I don't know the answer to your question, but perhaps you can answer mine: What happened to cause the site to go down?

Thanks!!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Abraham wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:54 pm Dave,

I don't know the answer to your question, but perhaps you can answer mine: What happened to cause the site to go down?

Thanks!!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=99946&p=1301222&sid ... 0#p1301222
NRA Endowment Member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

This is a relief. I didn't know whether I'd been banned or my computer was nutsy.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

DaveT wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:15 pm First, thanks to all who helped bring the site back to life!

Next... since there hasn't been any been any new posts in a while, does anyone have a current timeline on how long new applications are taking to be processed?

Thanks!
I gave a class on 12/1/2020 , one of my students told me last week he was print pending. So 4 to 5 weeks I would say. Another student submitted their application and had fingerprints scheduled within a week.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

DaveT wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:15 pm Next... since there hasn't been any been any new posts in a while, does anyone have a current timeline on how long new applications are taking to be processed?

Thanks!
What I’m hearing from people I’m fingerprinting, whose spouses I fingerprinted in the past and who’ve recently received their plastic, is about 4-5 weeks once everything is submitted. And I have heard two customers tell me their spouse got theirs 2-1/2 weeks after I fingerprinted them. But the average seems to be 4-5 weeks.

That is a significant improvement over how it was going nearer to the beginning of the Covid lockdowns.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Thank you Mr. Cotton for all you do here and at NRA.
:tiphat:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
DaveT
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DaveT »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:16 am
DaveT wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:15 pm Next... since there hasn't been any been any new posts in a while, does anyone have a current timeline on how long new applications are taking to be processed?

Thanks!
What I’m hearing from people I’m fingerprinting, whose spouses I fingerprinted in the past and who’ve recently received their plastic, is about 4-5 weeks once everything is submitted. And I have heard two customers tell me their spouse got theirs 2-1/2 weeks after I fingerprinted them. But the average seems to be 4-5 weeks.

That is a significant improvement over how it was going nearer to the beginning of the Covid lockdowns.
Thanks to all who answered. I was asking for the friend of a relative who used one of my handguns in the course.

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

I've been so busy and distracted with other things I haven't checked in here for maybe six weeks, I tried a couple of days ago and it was dead - I didn't know what to think but we've been having Internet problems. So I dismissed it as one of those cosmic things, delighted that all is well again. At least well here ......
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”