Pig hunt

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1


Topic author
pawn
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:19 am
Location: Round Rock, Texas

Pig hunt

#1

Post by pawn »

My 178 pounder and my brothers bow-shot 115 pounder
pig1.jpg

TomV
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:11 pm
Location: Plano

Re: Pig hunt

#2

Post by TomV »

Nice pigs
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
pawn
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:19 am
Location: Round Rock, Texas

Re: Pig hunt

#3

Post by pawn »

They taste good, too, after 12 hours in the crock pot with some spicy bbq sauce - pulled pork!

I will admit, the smaller one cooked up a lot better than the bigger...

jb2012
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1009
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:12 pm

Re: Pig hunt

#4

Post by jb2012 »

I like the little ones way better myself. Steven Rinella off of the show “Meat Eater” has a method for the bigger ones that he enjoys... but that guy will eat a mangy coyote haha.
User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 10301
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Plano

Re: Pig hunt

#5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

jb2012 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:42 pm I like the little ones way better myself. Steven Rinella off of the show “Meat Eater” has a method for the bigger ones that he enjoys... but that guy will eat a mangy coyote haha.
I love watching his shows. They always make me crave what ever he is cooking.

jb2012
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1009
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:12 pm

Re: Pig hunt

#6

Post by jb2012 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:09 am
jb2012 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:42 pm I like the little ones way better myself. Steven Rinella off of the show “Meat Eater” has a method for the bigger ones that he enjoys... but that guy will eat a mangy coyote haha.
I love watching his shows. They always make me crave what ever he is cooking.
lol that guy can make armadillo look appetizing!
User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 10301
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Plano

Re: Pig hunt

#7

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

jb2012 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:22 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:09 am
jb2012 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:42 pm I like the little ones way better myself. Steven Rinella off of the show “Meat Eater” has a method for the bigger ones that he enjoys... but that guy will eat a mangy coyote haha.
I love watching his shows. They always make me crave what ever he is cooking.
lol that guy can make armadillo look appetizing!
I think he did. I'm waiting for him to cook a skunk. :smilelol5:
User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6685
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Pig hunt

#8

Post by puma guy »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:05 pm
jb2012 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:22 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:09 am
jb2012 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:42 pm I like the little ones way better myself. Steven Rinella off of the show “Meat Eater” has a method for the bigger ones that he enjoys... but that guy will eat a mangy coyote haha.
I love watching his shows. They always make me crave what ever he is cooking.
lol that guy can make armadillo look appetizing!
I think he did. I'm waiting for him to cook a skunk. :smilelol5:
I always hear this animal and that animal tastes like chicken. Rattlesnake... Oh! tastes like chicken! Alligator...Oh! tastes like chicken, Raccoon...Oh! Tastes like chicken - ad nauseum! But, I've never heard anyone say chicken tastes like any of those animals.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 10301
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Plano

Re: Pig hunt

#9

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

puma guy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:27 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:05 pm
jb2012 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:22 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:09 am
jb2012 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:42 pm I like the little ones way better myself. Steven Rinella off of the show “Meat Eater” has a method for the bigger ones that he enjoys... but that guy will eat a mangy coyote haha.
I love watching his shows. They always make me crave what ever he is cooking.
lol that guy can make armadillo look appetizing!
I think he did. I'm waiting for him to cook a skunk. :smilelol5:
I always hear this animal and that animal tastes like chicken. Rattlesnake... Oh! tastes like chicken! Alligator...Oh! tastes like chicken, Raccoon...Oh! Tastes like chicken - ad nauseum! But, I've never heard anyone say chicken tastes like any of those animals.
Bawaaaahahahaha! This fried chicken taste like Racoon! :smilelol5: I have eaten all of those and none of them tasted like chicken to me. But it is true. I have heard the same comments.

uthornsfan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:13 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Pig hunt

#10

Post by uthornsfan »

Here is my latest, happened just last night. 180lb estimate based on measurements calculator. He was nasty so I left him for the coyotes and vultures.

Wasnt much of a hunt, I looked out my back window saw him at the bucket, put on the tennis shoes grabbed a flashlight and the 308, opened the back door and popped him in the forehead.
Attachments
IMG_20210317_074959__01.jpg

TomV
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:11 pm
Location: Plano

Re: Pig hunt

#11

Post by TomV »

I don't know if it's perspective or what, but that doesn't look like a 180lb pig.

I'm jealous you have it that easy though. Keep it up.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6685
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Pig hunt

#12

Post by puma guy »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:32 pm
puma guy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:27 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:05 pm
jb2012 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:22 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:09 am
jb2012 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:42 pm I like the little ones way better myself. Steven Rinella off of the show “Meat Eater” has a method for the bigger ones that he enjoys... but that guy will eat a mangy coyote haha.
I love watching his shows. They always make me crave what ever he is cooking.
lol that guy can make armadillo look appetizing!
I think he did. I'm waiting for him to cook a skunk. :smilelol5:
I always hear this animal and that animal tastes like chicken. Rattlesnake... Oh! tastes like chicken! Alligator...Oh! tastes like chicken, Raccoon...Oh! Tastes like chicken - ad nauseum! But, I've never heard anyone say chicken tastes like any of those animals.
Bawaaaahahahaha! This fried chicken taste like Racoon! :smilelol5: I have eaten all of those and none of them tasted like chicken to me. But it is true. I have heard the same comments.
I've had them all as well in addition to possum, which was greasy. Tasted like greasy chicken! :biggrinjester:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 10301
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Plano

Re: Pig hunt

#13

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

:smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5:
User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 5345
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: Pig hunt

#14

Post by Jusme »

What did things taste like before humans started eating chicken?

That was good Achmed, tasted like buzzard.

"rlol"
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

uthornsfan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:13 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Pig hunt

#15

Post by uthornsfan »

TomV wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:10 am I don't know if it's perspective or what, but that doesn't look like a 180lb pig.

I'm jealous you have it that easy though. Keep it up.
It's the camera on my phone.
45 inches from ears to base of tail, 40 inches girth around chest at heart.
Post Reply

Return to “Hunting Photos”