Update: Earle the Squirrel....

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Update: Earle the Squirrel....

Post by flintknapper »

Earle is getting bigger and stronger everyday.

He has just started eating solid foods….and is a real “ball of fire� now.

Spartans ask not how many, but where!

tarbe
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Update: Earle the Squirrel....

Post by tarbe »

Hey Flint! How you doing brother?

Is Earl going to be your new hog hunting buddy? I can just see him getting his teeth into the ear of some old tusker and holding him long enough for you to put a spear through him!

Tim (charter member of IH8Hogs.com)
Semper Fi!

Topic author
flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

tarbe wrote:Hey Flint! How you doing brother?

Is Earl going to be your new hog hunting buddy? I can just see him getting his teeth into the ear of some old tusker and holding him long enough for you to put a spear through him!

Tim (charter member of IH8Hogs.com)

Hi Tim!

Man...its good to hear from you! :hurry:

How are the wife and kids doing?

First let me say welcome to the Forum. Sure hope you will stick around.

As for Earle, I will be trying to get him reintroduced into the wild in the coming months. Right now...he thinks I am his mother. :roll:

I am going to start letting him explore the trees starting tomorrow, we'll see how that works out.

Great to talk to you old friend.....please stick around and participate.

See ya soon,

Flint.

Topic author
flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Well….I decided to let Earle go up the big oak tree today. I am confident this is the same tree he originally came out of. I want him to start exploring and to better develop his climbing skills.

I scabbed together a base out of old scrap wood and made him a “support camp� consisting of his cage…his bedding, his food and water, then I opened the door!

Earle jumped up onto the door of his cage, then onto the tree, then “rocketed� up the tree like his little tail was on fire! This is the first photo I had time to take (he’s already 15’ up at this point).

He kept going a bit more, then turned around and looked back down at me.

Finally…he settled on a limb about 20’ up.

After snooping around for awhile he relaxed and found a small limb to cut his teeth on.

It will interesting to see if he comes back down this evening.

tarbe
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tarbe »

That is one cute squirrel....and one mighty nice oak tree!

Kids are great, wife's spine is pretty stable (thanks to titanium and screws). She still can't ride in a modified Cruiser...hence my daily driver is now an old Volvo :cryin Oh well, better than walking everywhere!

Just found this site. I am waiting on my plastic. Mostly been at USCCA and Glock talk (yes, I went over to the dark side, abandoning years of 1911 indoctrination!). At least it is a .45....sorta (GAP). I actually like it quite well, though I have only had it about 6 weeks/400 rounds down range. Time will tell for sure.

Glad to see you are still actively and positively influencing the cyber world, one web forum at a time! :mrgreen:

I must say, my visits here so far have been quite nice...I don't see the usual nastiness so prevalent at other sites. My hat is off to those responsible for administation here.

Thanks for the welcome and glad to bump into you here.

Tim
Semper Fi!

Topic author
flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

tarbe wrote:That is one cute squirrel....and one mighty nice oak tree!
I just got him coaxed back out of it. He's been in it all day long. It is full of holes that he can go inside...and has big limbs that he can sleep on without worry of falling out. The trunk is over 5' across.
Kids are great, wife's spine is pretty stable (thanks to titanium and screws). She still can't ride in a modified Cruiser...hence my daily driver is now an old Volvo :cryin Oh well, better than walking everywhere!
I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing O.K. I would expect that of the kids, but the situation with your wifes health was tenuous for quite some time. I wish that you and I had known about this site when all of that surgery was going on. We often pray for one another here...something you won't find many other places.
Just found this site. I am waiting on my plastic. Mostly been at USCCA and Glock talk (yes, I went over to the dark side, abandoning years of 1911 indoctrination!). At least it is a .45....sorta (GAP). I actually like it quite well, though I have only had it about 6 weeks/400 rounds down range. Time will tell for sure.
Tim, I doubt you can a find a place that has more information on Concealed Carry (Texas) than here. I have found it to be a most valuable resource for me. And it doesn't hurt that everyone is so well behaved. ;-)
The "Glock vs. 1911" thing is alive and well here....as it is everywhere else. Both are excellent defensive weapons (I don't need to tell you that), so its just matter of preference.
Glad to see you are still actively and positively influencing the cyber world, one web forum at a time! :mrgreen:
Well....I don't know that my "influence" (if I have any) is positive, but these are nice folks here and I do enjoy spending time exchanging ideas with them.
I must say, my visits here so far have been quite nice...I don't see the usual nastiness so prevalent at other sites. My hat is off to those responsible for administation here.
Best forum I have found so far in regards to respect, courtesy, and kept clean enough that your kids can read over your shoulder without the need to guard them.
Thanks for the welcome and glad to bump into you here.
The pleasure is all mine, and I am so glad to hear from again!

Flint.]

Lumberjack98
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Thanks for the update Flint.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

tarbe wrote: I must say, my visits here so far have been quite nice...I don't see the usual nastiness so prevalent at other sites. My hat is off to those responsible for administation here.

Tim
I will say thank you for all the Mods & Admin on the site. We want this one to be different & glad it shows from the beginning. Welcome aboard. Flint is excited to see you here so we are too.
LT
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

So what's the latest word on Earle?
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

Topic author
flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

NcongruNt wrote:So what's the latest word on Earle?

Here is the entire saga of “Earle the Squirrel� on another forum.

It contains basically the whole story, all the pictures and latest updates. He has grown some as you will see:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/hunting-fishing ... irrel.html

I don’t remember any especially bad language, but proof read before sharing with the family. Enjoy!

Edit:
O.K. I just noticed some inappropriate language in some of the "sig lines" on the other forum, so I am going to have to rate this link as not family friendly.

If the mods need to delete this....I completely understand.

Return to “Hunting Photos”