First Deer and Duck hunts

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 2

First Deer and Duck hunts

Post by NcongruNt »

Just got back from my first deer hunt. It was the last day of the season, and a couple of friends offered to take me out on their land. We didn't get out till 4:30pm, and most of our time walking was unfruitful. We spread out, and they had me crouch ready in a line of brush between a couple of fields, while they went to go see if they could flush some deer out my direction. I had just about given up, as the light was starting to fade a bit, but a string of 7 deer came jumping across a fence and came running around in front of me. I caught this doe in a full run, perpendicular to me at 40 yards with my Mosin-Nagant 91/30. I hit her at the back of the lungs, and ended up gut-shotting her just a bit at the very front of the stomach as well. She made it maybe 100 yards just to the tree line before dropping. I used a S&B 180grn SP round in 7.62x54R.

Here's a picture:

Also, I went on my first duck hunt with 3 friends a few weeks ago, and posted a bit about it in my "Can you ID this duck?" thread. I didn't get to get photos from the hunt until today, so I thought I'd post them. We got a total of 17 birds between the four of us.

NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

Taxman
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First Deer and Duck hunts

Post by Taxman »

Congratulations! Nice shot on the doe (now you will know to lead them a little more)! :tiphat: I guess I'm getting old. I still enjoy hunting, but not so much the processing after. I let my son do most of the shooting and really enjoy spending quality time with him, nowadays.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson

richbrismith

Post by richbrismith »

where did you do the duck hunting?

Topic author
NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NcongruNt »

richbrismith wrote:where did you do the duck hunting?
A lease near Coupland.
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

MCook806

Post by MCook806 »

Congrats

Return to “Hunting Photos”