First Buck

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

chuckybrown
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First Buck

Post by chuckybrown »

lawrnk: What a great time you had! I grew up with guns in the house, but never hunted. Took my 1st deer when I was 32. A spike, just like you. Now, I have heads/skulls everywhere, and just recently reached the point where horns don't matter, and my kids taking them do. It's an awesome place to be.

I'm very happy for you, and wish you the best in your future hunting adventures. Don't let anyone give you any grief. Hunting is about sunrises, sunsets, swatting at wasps, taking naps and waking up with a sore neck, missing the pee bottle and getting your jeans wet, hot afternoons in the blind, cold mornings in the blind, and lies around the campfire, and once in a while, a nice deer. As you age, you'll look back on the friendships first, and the mounts last. Trust me, you'll remember lost friendships more than missed shots. I think God meant it to be that way.....something about the hunter/gatherer in us all.

Peace.
Chuckybrown

Randy797

Post by Randy797 »

Congratulations to both of the new hunters !
Welcome to the Obsession ! ! !

LongHairedRedneck

Post by LongHairedRedneck »

Congrats on the first kill. I don't see any signs of the time honored tradition of rubbing a little blood on your face ;-)

This last season I had the chance to "guide" my close friend to his first kills after quite a few dis-appointing hunts. He got a Bobcat then we stalked from that stand to another and managed to get him a cull 4 point. He made quite the shot too, resting on my shoulder he nailed the 162 yd shot(what we paced it off to be). I got almost a big of rush as he did, by helping him get his first ever Bobcat and Deer. Wish I had a video camera to record his excitement, made me think back and recollect how excited I was over my first Deer.
If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

Return to “Hunting Photos”