My last hunt!!

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My last hunt!!

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RockingRook wrote:OK, I think I have it now. Here is the picture of my son and his bull Elk.
030_30 (2). [b]Click on the picture and it will get larger.[/b] jpg
RockingRook wrote:If you click on the picture of the Elk above the picture will expand and get larger.

Sorry for so many posts this is all new to me.
RockingRook wrote:Did you see the picture up above? Click on the image and it will get larger. Truly a nice elk. I have seen elk before but they were massive.

Take a look at the picture above.
I take it that you want us to look at the picture? :smilelol5:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
RockingRook
Posts in topic: 12

Post by RockingRook »

canvasbck wrote:Yes, Dick is the owner. VERY nice guy.

Your son's bull is an outstanding animal. I don't just say that to be nice, I'm really familiar with the animals near Craig CO, and your son shot a real trophy...........congrats to him! :tiphat:
Thanks for the kudos!! I believe he was the "herd" bull. Take a look at one of the tines on the left side of the picture. It is broken!!
He has been fighting. I asked the taxidermist if he could "fix" it and match it to the other side. He said "Yes, but why do that? It is part of the hunting lore. He broke it fighting."

He was right!!

There was a 16yo with us and he was hunting as well. Within 30 minutes he shot his twin brother. Almost exact!!

I will post another photo or two.

I do not know how to put them in full size so I will do like I did and you need to click on the photo.

Chuck
Born in Brooklyn, NY joined AF in '65 as a 2nd Lt. Went through Naval EOD School in 67. Spent
the next 8 years in and around South East Asia. I was stationed in Texas in '84. Retired from the AF in '85.
Remained in Texas, raised my 2 kids and here I stayed. I hope it Rains!!

Topic author
RockingRook

Post by RockingRook »

Another elk photo at a different angle. I will put together some of my trophys that I have in my "room".

All are Texas whitetails from the Sabinal area.

I hunted on a person's property for 11 years, she had 640 or so acres. She allowed only my son and I and her immediate family to hunt her place.

Most of the time It was either me alone or with my son. It was really a great find but she sold her property in 2008 and that was the end of hunting
on her property. Plenty of really nice whitetails and as many feral hogs you want to shoot. In fact, she demanded that we shoot all the hogs we see.

Click on the photo above for another angle of that elk.
Attachments
034_34.jpg
Born in Brooklyn, NY joined AF in '65 as a 2nd Lt. Went through Naval EOD School in 67. Spent
the next 8 years in and around South East Asia. I was stationed in Texas in '84. Retired from the AF in '85.

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by NcongruNt »

RockingRook wrote:Canvasback hello!! you got that right!! It was Elkhorn Outfitters.

Have you used them before?

Chuck
Wow, what a small world. My cousin works for them. You didn't happen to go out with Clint, did you?

EDIT: I spoke too soon. He works (or at least used to) for Elk Mountain Outfitters out of Wyoming, though I know he does stuff in Colorado and Utah as well.
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

Topic author
RockingRook

Post by RockingRook »

kevin wrote:awsome
Thanks!! My son took that bull down with a 300 Win Mag 180 grain Barnes Tripleshock. That was late Oct. 2009.

That was literally my last hunt.

My rifles are in my cabinet and probably will never use them again.

Chuck :cheers2:

Return to “Hunting Photos”