minigun VS wild hogs TX

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 3

minigun VS wild hogs TX

Post by Jumping Frog »

-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

esxmarkc
Posts in topic: 1

Re: minigun VS wild hogs TX

Post by esxmarkc »

As much fun as a minigun would be I'd have to say I have seen my brother do a better job with an AR15.
Keeping the king of England out of your face since 12/05/2009

Texas Dan Mosby

Post by Texas Dan Mosby »

A minigun is not an appropriate tool for harvesting hogs, or any other animal, IMO.

Make the shot clean, or don't take it at all.
88 day wait for the state to approve my constitutional right to bear arms...

Pug

Post by Pug »

Well, animal cruelty criticism aside, that is one heck of a hog-harvester!
Last edited by Pug on Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mrvmax »

I think I would refrain from things like this that can give the anti gun anti huntinggun group ammo for their cause. Probably not the best example of ethical hunting.

Topic author
Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

I agree with the ethical hunting concerns, which was why my original was posted without any comment -- I wanted to see what others thought first without guiding the commentary.

It looks like a building in the tree line just left of center. I also worried about his muzzle control of the minigun as part of "know your target, and beyond".
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

Topic author
Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Same photobucket album shows him shooting falling plates at about 30 seconds in with a full auto Glock

LongHairedRedneck

Post by LongHairedRedneck »

Wow thats a canned hunt if I've ever seen one. No way those pigs would be that close in that pasture in daylight hours. Also notice how they all come from the same location. This is what gives hunters bad reputations. I am disgusted.
If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

speedsix
Posts in topic: 4

Post by speedsix »

...with wild hogs being so destructive in Texas, and the state crying for help in eradicating them...I don't look at any measures as "unsportsmanlike"...I think they're just wiping out a pest...I wouldn't eat one, anyways...whatever kills the most of them the soonest will save property owners millions...I'm fer darting them, loading them on B52s, and dropping them over Iran, but I guess that's not sportsmanlike, either...

...I think most folks understand the difference between wiping out pests and hunting...this is NOT hunting...

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

I wonder how much it cost him to go shoot pigs. How much are those bullets?
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

speedsix
Posts in topic: 4

Post by speedsix »

...I heard on a TV news report last night they pay $400 a day to helicopter hunt...he probably shot up $200 worth of ammo...that's gettin' on up there with deer hunting...try hunting a lease for less than $3000 a year these days...it's gotten outasight...

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mrvmax »

speedsix wrote:...with wild hogs being so destructive in Texas, and the state crying for help in eradicating them...I don't look at any measures as "unsportsmanlike"...I think they're just wiping out a pest...I wouldn't eat one, anyways...whatever kills the most of them the soonest will save property owners millions...I'm fer darting them, loading them on B52s, and dropping them over Iran, but I guess that's not sportsmanlike, either...

...I think most folks understand the difference between wiping out pests and hunting...this is NOT hunting...
It's not what we think, but what the public thinks that will cause problems. If you get too many of the non hunting population against this it will cause problems. I realize the problem with wild hogs is bad, but despite how bad it is I have not seen anyone willing to let people kill pigs for free. The landowners want to make money letting people hunt, so things cannot possibly be that bad. If it were really that bad they would be letting people hunt for free just so they can get rid of the pigs.

fishman

Post by fishman »

I have to rebuild the roads on our ranch several times a year. Some places are torn up so bad it's hard to ride a 4 wheeler in granny gear over it. Fence repairs and other repairs take money and time. Hogs are a bigger problem than most people realize. It's getting worse every year.
IANAL

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

speedsix wrote:...I heard on a TV news report last night they pay $400 a day to helicopter hunt...he probably shot up $200 worth of ammo...that's gettin' on up there with deer hunting...try hunting a lease for less than $3000 a year these days...it's gotten outasight...
Good luck finding a helicopter hunt for $400, I think you missed a zero in there.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

steve817

Post by steve817 »

fishman wrote:I have to rebuild the roads on our ranch several times a year. Some places are torn up so bad it's hard to ride a 4 wheeler in granny gear over it. Fence repairs and other repairs take money and time. Hogs are a bigger problem than most people realize. It's getting worse every year.
I have been ready and willing for a while to help some rancher out. Seems though that a lot of them want to charge me for the privilege of helping them.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

Return to “Hunting Photos”