Since we dont have one.

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Since we dont have one.

Post by longtooth »

A fishin section that is.

For all you real fishermen out there, a fun note from a novice. My SIL took me fishin Friday. I have a license. Dont have a pole, boat, rod/real, hook or line. He loans me everything bout 3 or 4 times a yr.
Anyway Yesterday I had a great time fishing w/ him & Kerry on Rayburn. I caught a crappie 15 1/2 inches long. Really could stretch him & get another 1/4.
i know, I know, I KNOW,w/o pics it didnt happen. He has the pic so if I can get it here I will post it.
Thanks John. Had a great time. See you this evening at Gammaws.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

RPB
Banned

Re: Since we dont have one.

Post by RPB »

40 years ago, my brother, dad and I used to catch 70 or so crappie on lake Buchanan in about 2 hours (hardly any water in the lake now)

Now, seems like all the crappie are stocked by TPWD in lakes owned by the US Army Corps of Engineers, so I don't get to catch crappie lately ... my tax dollars at work :grumble
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fi ... m_rayburn/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reservoir Controlling Authority

US Army Corps of Engineers
Jasper, Texas 75951
(409) 384-5716
Office Hours: 8 am - 4:30 pm Mon. - Fri.

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/samray/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

15 incher is a good size :thumbs2:
I need to dig up my back yard and plant crappie :mrgreen:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Topic author
longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I told him I sure was glad I caught him on Friday, cause by Sunday Church he would have time to grow to 18". John laughed & said he better not grow that much. Rayburn record is 17.something.
My SIL is a real catcherman too.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

fishman

Post by fishman »

Sounds like a winner to me. We need some smiles fighting fish. ;-)
IANAL

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

fishman wrote:Sounds like a winner to me. We need some smiles fighting fish. ;-)
you can use mine
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

fishman

Post by fishman »

RPB wrote:
fishman wrote:Sounds like a winner to me. We need some smiles fighting fish. ;-)
you can use mine
Looks like a tarpon, my favorite. :clapping:
IANAL

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I've only gone fishing once in the five+ years I've lived in Texas, and that trip is a whole 'nuther story that I'd rather forget, but I used to fish all the time when I lived in California. Trout fishing. The trail heads in the San Gabriel Mountains were a 1/2 mile from my house, and we lived near the Arroyo Seco. The streams of the San Gabriels usually have trout in them. And also, I used to make a lot of trips up to the Owens Valley north of Bishop and fish the tributary streams that flow out of the eastern slope of the Sierras into the Owens River.

Fishing and shooting formed the backbone of my relationship with my son. He wasn't much on sports or other things that dads and sons can do together, but he took to fishing like he was born to it, and he was a regular Davy Crockett with his little .22 rifle at the age of 6. So we spent a lot of time together fishing and shooting. You couldn't get him out of bed to get ready for school, but he had no trouble being up and ready to leave the house at 4:00 a.m. to get to the trout streams up San Gabriel Canyon by sunrise.

So not only is fishing a way for me to relax and recreate, but it is a matter of the heart because when I go fishing, I relive all the great memories of time spent with my son. It is nothing but pure good stuff.

The weird part is that I haven't fished but once since moving here. That once was a deep sea charter our of Port Aransas. It was absolutely the most seasick I've ever been in my entire life—I was stuck on that boat for 13 hours without relief, so sick I wanted to die, and I never even got a line in the water. But also, I don't have easy access to the local lakes....without disarming......and I'm not much of a bass/catfish fishing fan. I like trout fishing on streams, and not much else. I guess I'm too picky.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

speedsix
Posts in topic: 1

Post by speedsix »

longtooth wrote:A fishin section that is.

For all you real fishermen out there, a fun note from a novice. My SIL took me fishin Friday. I have a license. Dont have a pole, boat, rod/real, hook or line. He loans me everything bout 3 or 4 times a yr.
Anyway Yesterday I had a great time fishing w/ him & Kerry on Rayburn. I caught a crappie 15 1/2 inches long. Really could stretch him & get another 1/4.
i know, I know, I KNOW,w/o pics it didnt happen. He has the pic so if I can get it here I will post it.
Thanks John. Had a great time. See you this evening at Gammaws.

...boy, that sounds like fun, and I wouldn't call a 15 1/2" white perch crappie at all..that's a goodsized fish :evil2: (that's a La. thing, donchaknow.Clyde woulda pulled it on you for sure) glad you had a relaxing day...

Return to “Hunting Photos”