Pig caught in a snare

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1


chuck j
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 971
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Pig caught in a snare

#31

Post by chuck j » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:37 pm

Dang !! I may have killed the thread ! Hate being the last to post and it dies ! Come on and get me out of a bind guys !


gringo pistolero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Re: Pig caught in a snare

#32

Post by gringo pistolero » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:45 pm

IBTL
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.


chuck j
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 971
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Pig caught in a snare

#33

Post by chuck j » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Ok I usually manage to look stupid enough by myself . What does IBTL mean ? LOL

User avatar

hpcatx
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 511
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:21 am
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana

Re: Pig caught in a snare

#34

Post by hpcatx » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:09 am

chuck j wrote:Ok I usually manage to look stupid enough by myself . What does IBTL mean ? LOL
In before the lock, as in a moderator locking the thread.
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

User avatar

Pecos
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 733
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:40 am
Location: Pleasanton, Texas

Re: Pig caught in a snare

#35

Post by Pecos » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:44 am

I usually hunt pigs from my front deck with my Ruger Mini 14. They just run by usuall in the evening & sometime in the early morning.
Had one trapped in my yard last year. Small one. He ended up all Sausage mixed with venison. :smilelol5:
___________________________________________
"In Glock We Trust"
NRA Member
G19 Gen4 - G17 Gen4 - G22 Gen4 - G23 Gen4 - Ruger P95
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

User avatar

doncom
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:36 pm
Location: Marble Falls

Re: Pig caught in a snare

#36

Post by doncom » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:03 pm

nyj wrote:And I've seen hogs take more than 2 shots of .223 and keep truckin'. Like I said, if you don't have a good shot, don't take it. Simple hunting ethics.
When you start spending your money and hours and hours of time that should be spent doing something else to repair damage from hogs, we can have a civil conversation about ethics. Hogs are vermin.

I don't intentionally hunt them with a .223, but if that's what I have in my hand when the opportunity presents itself, that's what I'll use. They need to all be killed, but that won't happen. They're to smart and......

Three months, three weeks, and three days = new problems. In a year's time one sow can turn into 30 pigs.

We're getting further and further behind.

User avatar

psijac
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Pig caught in a snare

#37

Post by psijac » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:57 am

doncom wrote:
nyj wrote:And I've seen hogs take more than 2 shots of .223 and keep truckin'. Like I said, if you don't have a good shot, don't take it. Simple hunting ethics.
When you start spending your money and hours and hours of time that should be spent doing something else to repair damage from hogs, we can have a civil conversation about ethics. Hogs are vermin.

I don't intentionally hunt them with a .223, but if that's what I have in my hand when the opportunity presents itself, that's what I'll use. They need to all be killed, but that won't happen. They're to smart and......

Three months, three weeks, and three days = new problems. In a year's time one sow can turn into 30 pigs.

We're getting further and further behind.
If we really wanted to solve the feral hog problem reintroduce cougars back into the ecosystem. The wild cats would probably be less humane in their solutions and it would open up another can of worms. You really cannot have your cake and eat it too
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!


esxmarkc
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:01 pm

Re: Pig caught in a snare

#38

Post by esxmarkc » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:45 am

Yet another thread that becomes awesome if you just substitute the right words: :biggrinjester:
Nobody's said it yet, so I will.
I'm proud of you Johncanfield for taking the time to harvest some meat from a destructive varmint. Those liberals can be cooked whole, after field dressing and dipping in boiling water to remove the hair. And, of course... venison sausage tastes great with the addition of feral democrat (50-50).
Just sayin.

As someone who has been guiding democrat hunts for a very long time, you simply do not know what you are talking about.

I don't hunt... Doesn't mean i don't get it. I have had friends and co workers who would hunt Ferrel democrats and Coyotes.. sometimes for bounty. I get the fact that in many Texas counties these liberals can overrun the eco system.. they are not the CUTSEY PORKY PIG, or WILLIE COYOTE.

He's also trying to keep liberals off his land, from which he earns his livelihood, so for him it's not just a sport hunting issue, it's a pest abatement issue which is important to the feeding of his family.

Book a hunt with me, & I will teach you all you need to know about liberals: when to shoot 'em, how to shoot 'em, where to shoot 'em, how to skin 'em, and how to cook 'em.

I usually hunt liberals from my front deck with my Ruger Mini 14. They just run by usually in the evening & sometime in the early morning.
Had one trapped in my yard last year. Small one. He ended up all Sausage mixed with venison.

When you start spending your money and hours and hours of time that should be spent doing something else to repair damage from liberals, we can have a civil conversation about ethics. democrats are vermin.

Three months, three weeks, and three days = new problems. In a year's time one liberal can turn into 30 democrats.

If we really wanted to solve the feral democrat problem reintroduce cougars back into the ecosystem. The wild gals would probably be less humane in their solutions and it would open up another can of worms. You really cannot have your cake and eat it too
Keeping the king of England out of your face since 12/05/2009


MeMelYup
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1870
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: Pig caught in a snare

#39

Post by MeMelYup » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:54 am

Everyone missed the most obvious. Oh your shooting Miss Piggy.

User avatar

AndyC
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 9790
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Richardson, TX

Re: Pig caught in a snare

#40

Post by AndyC » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:41 pm

Yes - and she tastes like chicken :cool:
Remember Kitty Genovese

Image

Amateurs skip safety-checks - pros don't.
Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club
There's nothing quite like the offer of 230 grains to a man's chest to remind him of his manners

User avatar

Grammy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:08 am
Location: Magnolia

Re: Pig caught in a snare

#41

Post by Grammy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:53 pm

esxmarkc wrote:Yet another thread that becomes awesome if you just substitute the right words: :biggrinjester:
Nobody's said it yet, so I will.
I'm proud of you Johncanfield for taking the time to harvest some meat from a destructive varmint. Those liberals can be cooked whole, after field dressing and dipping in boiling water to remove the hair. And, of course... venison sausage tastes great with the addition of feral democrat (50-50).
Just sayin.

As someone who has been guiding democrat hunts for a very long time, you simply do not know what you are talking about.

I don't hunt... Doesn't mean i don't get it. I have had friends and co workers who would hunt Ferrel democrats and Coyotes.. sometimes for bounty. I get the fact that in many Texas counties these liberals can overrun the eco system.. they are not the CUTSEY PORKY PIG, or WILLIE COYOTE.

He's also trying to keep liberals off his land, from which he earns his livelihood, so for him it's not just a sport hunting issue, it's a pest abatement issue which is important to the feeding of his family.

Book a hunt with me, & I will teach you all you need to know about liberals: when to shoot 'em, how to shoot 'em, where to shoot 'em, how to skin 'em, and how to cook 'em.

I usually hunt liberals from my front deck with my Ruger Mini 14. They just run by usually in the evening & sometime in the early morning.
Had one trapped in my yard last year. Small one. He ended up all Sausage mixed with venison.

When you start spending your money and hours and hours of time that should be spent doing something else to repair damage from liberals, we can have a civil conversation about ethics. democrats are vermin.

Three months, three weeks, and three days = new problems. In a year's time one liberal can turn into 30 democrats.

If we really wanted to solve the feral democrat problem reintroduce cougars back into the ecosystem. The wild gals would probably be less humane in their solutions and it would open up another can of worms. You really cannot have your cake and eat it too
That was classic & fitting :tiphat:
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always depend on the support of Paul.


JSThane
Banned
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: Pig caught in a snare

#42

Post by JSThane » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:05 am

AndyC wrote:Yes - and she tastes like chicken :cool:
No, you're confusing her with Big Bird.


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 7938
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Pig caught in a snare

#43

Post by Abraham » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:08 am

Feral, not Ferrel, pigs destroyed my yard over and over.

After they visited, I'd get it somewhat level only to find the morning after my efforts that they'd visited at night and once again my yard looked like a root plow had gone through it.

Killing and eating them was something I did, but it didn't stop their destruction. They kept coming back.

Finally, I spent thousands to have my yard (1 1/2 acres) completely fenced in.

At times, I see them roaming just outside the fence.

I don't hate them.

They, like us, didn't ask to be born. They're just trying to make a living - but not at my expense anymore.

User avatar

der Teufel
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: In the vicinity of Austin

Re: Pig caught in a snare

#44

Post by der Teufel » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:42 pm

I don't hate hogs in the literal sense. However, on my family's 170 acre farm, and my friend's 700 acre ranch, and the neighbor's properties which amount to a lot more, we all recognize them as destructive pests. I generally use a .30 caliber rifle when I'm hunting them, but when I catch some in a trap I pull out my .22 pistol. I take my time to get a good shot at the head, and it's game over. In the past I used a .45ACP and it was quite literally overkill. A 9mm works just fine, whether with FMJ or HP ammo, but I've found the .22 is just as effective when the range is only a few feet.

I enjoy the meat, and most of what we kill goes into the freezer. However, the first rule of hog trapping is to NEVER let one out of the trap alive, even if you won't be able to use the meat.

I view feral hogs in much the same manner as I do a mouse in the house or a raccoon or squirrel in the attic. They've gotta go!
--
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Life Member

Post Reply

Return to “Hunting Photos”