Pig caught in a snare

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

chuck j
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Pig caught in a snare

Post by chuck j »

Dang !! I may have killed the thread ! Hate being the last to post and it dies ! Come on and get me out of a bind guys !

gringo pistolero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gringo pistolero »

IBTL
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

chuck j
Posts in topic: 3

Post by chuck j »

Ok I usually manage to look stupid enough by myself . What does IBTL mean ? LOL

hpcatx

Post by hpcatx »

chuck j wrote:Ok I usually manage to look stupid enough by myself . What does IBTL mean ? LOL
In before the lock, as in a moderator locking the thread.
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

Pecos

Post by Pecos »

I usually hunt pigs from my front deck with my Ruger Mini 14. They just run by usuall in the evening & sometime in the early morning.
Had one trapped in my yard last year. Small one. He ended up all Sausage mixed with venison. :smilelol5:
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

doncom

Post by doncom »

nyj wrote:And I've seen hogs take more than 2 shots of .223 and keep truckin'. Like I said, if you don't have a good shot, don't take it. Simple hunting ethics.
When you start spending your money and hours and hours of time that should be spent doing something else to repair damage from hogs, we can have a civil conversation about ethics. Hogs are vermin.

I don't intentionally hunt them with a .223, but if that's what I have in my hand when the opportunity presents itself, that's what I'll use. They need to all be killed, but that won't happen. They're to smart and......

Three months, three weeks, and three days = new problems. In a year's time one sow can turn into 30 pigs.

We're getting further and further behind.

psijac

Post by psijac »

doncom wrote:
nyj wrote:And I've seen hogs take more than 2 shots of .223 and keep truckin'. Like I said, if you don't have a good shot, don't take it. Simple hunting ethics.
When you start spending your money and hours and hours of time that should be spent doing something else to repair damage from hogs, we can have a civil conversation about ethics. Hogs are vermin.

I don't intentionally hunt them with a .223, but if that's what I have in my hand when the opportunity presents itself, that's what I'll use. They need to all be killed, but that won't happen. They're to smart and......

Three months, three weeks, and three days = new problems. In a year's time one sow can turn into 30 pigs.

We're getting further and further behind.
If we really wanted to solve the feral hog problem reintroduce cougars back into the ecosystem. The wild cats would probably be less humane in their solutions and it would open up another can of worms. You really cannot have your cake and eat it too
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

esxmarkc

Post by esxmarkc »

Yet another thread that becomes awesome if you just substitute the right words: :biggrinjester:
Nobody's said it yet, so I will.
I'm proud of you Johncanfield for taking the time to harvest some meat from a destructive varmint. Those liberals can be cooked whole, after field dressing and dipping in boiling water to remove the hair. And, of course... venison sausage tastes great with the addition of feral democrat (50-50).
Just sayin.

As someone who has been guiding democrat hunts for a very long time, you simply do not know what you are talking about.

I don't hunt... Doesn't mean i don't get it. I have had friends and co workers who would hunt Ferrel democrats and Coyotes.. sometimes for bounty. I get the fact that in many Texas counties these liberals can overrun the eco system.. they are not the CUTSEY PORKY PIG, or WILLIE COYOTE.

He's also trying to keep liberals off his land, from which he earns his livelihood, so for him it's not just a sport hunting issue, it's a pest abatement issue which is important to the feeding of his family.

Book a hunt with me, & I will teach you all you need to know about liberals: when to shoot 'em, how to shoot 'em, where to shoot 'em, how to skin 'em, and how to cook 'em.

I usually hunt liberals from my front deck with my Ruger Mini 14. They just run by usually in the evening & sometime in the early morning.
Had one trapped in my yard last year. Small one. He ended up all Sausage mixed with venison.

When you start spending your money and hours and hours of time that should be spent doing something else to repair damage from liberals, we can have a civil conversation about ethics. democrats are vermin.

Three months, three weeks, and three days = new problems. In a year's time one liberal can turn into 30 democrats.

If we really wanted to solve the feral democrat problem reintroduce cougars back into the ecosystem. The wild gals would probably be less humane in their solutions and it would open up another can of worms. You really cannot have your cake and eat it too
Keeping the king of England out of your face since 12/05/2009

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

Everyone missed the most obvious. Oh your shooting Miss Piggy.

Grammy

Post by Grammy »

esxmarkc wrote:Yet another thread that becomes awesome if you just substitute the right words: :biggrinjester:
Nobody's said it yet, so I will.
I'm proud of you Johncanfield for taking the time to harvest some meat from a destructive varmint. Those liberals can be cooked whole, after field dressing and dipping in boiling water to remove the hair. And, of course... venison sausage tastes great with the addition of feral democrat (50-50).
Just sayin.

As someone who has been guiding democrat hunts for a very long time, you simply do not know what you are talking about.

I don't hunt... Doesn't mean i don't get it. I have had friends and co workers who would hunt Ferrel democrats and Coyotes.. sometimes for bounty. I get the fact that in many Texas counties these liberals can overrun the eco system.. they are not the CUTSEY PORKY PIG, or WILLIE COYOTE.

He's also trying to keep liberals off his land, from which he earns his livelihood, so for him it's not just a sport hunting issue, it's a pest abatement issue which is important to the feeding of his family.

Book a hunt with me, & I will teach you all you need to know about liberals: when to shoot 'em, how to shoot 'em, where to shoot 'em, how to skin 'em, and how to cook 'em.

I usually hunt liberals from my front deck with my Ruger Mini 14. They just run by usually in the evening & sometime in the early morning.
Had one trapped in my yard last year. Small one. He ended up all Sausage mixed with venison.

When you start spending your money and hours and hours of time that should be spent doing something else to repair damage from liberals, we can have a civil conversation about ethics. democrats are vermin.

Three months, three weeks, and three days = new problems. In a year's time one liberal can turn into 30 democrats.

If we really wanted to solve the feral democrat problem reintroduce cougars back into the ecosystem. The wild gals would probably be less humane in their solutions and it would open up another can of worms. You really cannot have your cake and eat it too
That was classic & fitting :tiphat:
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always depend on the support of Paul.

JSThane
Banned

Post by JSThane »

AndyC wrote:Yes - and she tastes like chicken :cool:
No, you're confusing her with Big Bird.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Feral, not Ferrel, pigs destroyed my yard over and over.

After they visited, I'd get it somewhat level only to find the morning after my efforts that they'd visited at night and once again my yard looked like a root plow had gone through it.

Killing and eating them was something I did, but it didn't stop their destruction. They kept coming back.

Finally, I spent thousands to have my yard (1 1/2 acres) completely fenced in.

At times, I see them roaming just outside the fence.

I don't hate them.

They, like us, didn't ask to be born. They're just trying to make a living - but not at my expense anymore.

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

I don't hate hogs in the literal sense. However, on my family's 170 acre farm, and my friend's 700 acre ranch, and the neighbor's properties which amount to a lot more, we all recognize them as destructive pests. I generally use a .30 caliber rifle when I'm hunting them, but when I catch some in a trap I pull out my .22 pistol. I take my time to get a good shot at the head, and it's game over. In the past I used a .45ACP and it was quite literally overkill. A 9mm works just fine, whether with FMJ or HP ammo, but I've found the .22 is just as effective when the range is only a few feet.

I enjoy the meat, and most of what we kill goes into the freezer. However, the first rule of hog trapping is to NEVER let one out of the trap alive, even if you won't be able to use the meat.

I view feral hogs in much the same manner as I do a mouse in the house or a raccoon or squirrel in the attic. They've gotta go!
--
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Return to “Hunting Photos”