How To Address a Game Warden?

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

jason812
Posts in topic: 1

Re:

Post by jason812 »

flechero wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:56 am
However, actual on the water contact is nothing so pleasant. (and I'll leave it there so it doesn't come off as bashing) :tiphat:
:iagree:

Also I never understood how participating in a lawful activity was reason to have your vehicle (boat) searched and be required to show ID. Police officers can't legally do that to someone just driving down the road who has not committed any violation.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Re:

Post by WTR »

jason812 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:13 am
flechero wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:56 am
However, actual on the water contact is nothing so pleasant. (and I'll leave it there so it doesn't come off as bashing) :tiphat:
:iagree:

Also I never understood how participating in a lawful activity was reason to have your vehicle (boat) searched and be required to show ID. Police officers can't legally do that to someone just driving down the road who has not committed any violation.
I believe they have the right to check your boat for the required safety equipment. I would not think they could require an ID if you are not committing a crime.

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Re: How To Address a Game Warden?

Post by flechero »

But they always check all ID immediately... DL, FishingLicense, Boat card. I don't mind that, but be pleasant and don't ding up someone's boat because you can't control your own. Last time they made us try on vests, to ensure they were of the proper size... I guess you can even get a ticket if you life vest is improperly sized. Thankfully I carry several sizes of extras for guests.

They seem to always assume we are in violation of something and they're mission is to find it. And when they don't, they act sour as if they got juked out of a change to cite us. I just don't get it. One of the coolest jobs in the world... but the GW's I've personally been contacted by, seem to have lost the appreciation for it.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Re: How To Address a Game Warden?

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

flechero wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:39 pm But they always check all ID immediately... DL, FishingLicense, Boat card. I don't mind that, but be pleasant and don't ding up someone's boat because you can't control your own. Last time they made us try on vests, to ensure they were of the proper size... I guess you can even get a ticket if you life vest is improperly sized. Thankfully I carry several sizes of extras for guests.

They seem to always assume we are in violation of something and they're mission is to find it. And when they don't, they act sour as if they got juked out of a change to cite us. I just don't get it. One of the coolest jobs in the world... but the GW's I've personally been contacted by, seem to have lost the appreciation for it.
Most of my contacts have been while hunting near the Hill country areas. My lake contacts have been maybe two in 35 years. So far I have been fortunate and not run into wardens with attitudes. Maybe it has to do with the area they are from. I can picture a warden with an attitude like you describe. I have no doubt they exist. I can understand where you are coming from.

Return to “Hunting Photos”