African Water Buck

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
tlt
Posts in topic: 6

Re: African Water Buck

Post by tlt »

On day one, we did a drive to check out the lay of the land. An hour before one of the guys ran over this Black Momba at the property entrance. I'm certainly glad I did not run into one of these while out in the bush. I took this picture from the back of the truck as we drove over it.

Here is a little more about the Black Momba. http://www.factzoo.com/reptiles/black-m ... snake.html

fickman
Posts in topic: 1

Re: African Water Buck

Post by fickman »

I got to spend just over two weeks in Sandton / Johannesburg a few years ago and managed to sneak away for a Saturday day trip to Pillanesberg. Kruger was just far enough away to not fit into y itinerary or budget. I had a wonderful time taking pictures and seeing all of these animals amongst each other in the wild.

I'm very impressed with your trip! Well done!!! Thanks for sharing!

As an aside, I considered the Atlanta - Johannesburg direct flight, but being in DFW I wanted to keep all of my miles on American. I instead opted for a British Airways connection through Heathrow and purposefully selected an 8 hour layover to do a quick (very quick) tour of London.
Native Texian

Return to “Hunting Photos”