2016 Hunting Season

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
PatrickMas20
Posts in topic: 13

2016 Hunting Season

Post by PatrickMas20 »

Anyone going out this weekend for the regular season opener? Work and personal schedule has been pretty chaotic lately and I didn't get a chance to take my bow out the past month. Hopefully I'll be able to fill the freezer up this weekend though! I'll post pictures if anyone I'm with gets a kill.

Have a safe weekend. :patriot:

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 4

Re: 2016 Hunting Season

Post by canvasbck »

My lovely bride dropped this guy at the end of September.

Cant wait for Saturday to get here!
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KC5AV »

I won't be out until Sunday afternoon, but the day off Monday is going to be nice.
I've seen a significant drop in the deer population at my place, which likely coincides with the increased pig population. I'll happily put the cross-hairs on either.
NRA lifetime member

Topic author
PatrickMas20

Post by PatrickMas20 »

canvasbck wrote:My lovely bride dropped this guy at the end of September.

Nice!! What caliber did she shoot with? That will make a great mount, gonna need some high ceilings to hang that one.

I head out tomorrow around 4am for my step-fathers ranch, hes already there prepping the cabin. Haven't been this excited since last season!

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Beiruty »

I need a day hunt or a weekend hunt anywhere near DFW (2 hrs drive). Good bucks.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
PatrickMas20

Post by PatrickMas20 »

KC5AV wrote:I won't be out until Sunday afternoon, but the day off Monday is going to be nice.
I've seen a significant drop in the deer population at my place, which likely coincides with the increased pig population. I'll happily put the cross-hairs on either.

I've seen some game pictures from the last couple months of my step-fathers property, some real nice whitetail running around. But because he isn't high fenced, you never know if they'll stick around. Hopefully the feed will keep them on his property. He's always having issues with pigs and cattle knocking his feeders down even though they're fenced in. Those pigs will do anything for some corn.... yea i don't mind mowing a couple down either, keeps the freezer stocked and the belly happy.

Enjoy your weekend.

Topic author
PatrickMas20

Post by PatrickMas20 »

Beiruty wrote:I need a day hunt or a weekend hunt anywhere near DFW (2 hrs drive). Good bucks.

Never hunted up that way. I go in between Brackettville and Rocksprings in Edwards county.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Beiruty »

PatrickMas20 wrote:
Beiruty wrote:I need a day hunt or a weekend hunt anywhere near DFW (2 hrs drive). Good bucks.

Never hunted up that way. I go in between Brackettville and Rocksprings in Edwards county.
Private land? Or how do you access the property?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
PatrickMas20

Post by PatrickMas20 »

Beiruty wrote:
PatrickMas20 wrote:

Private land? Or how do you access the property?

Yes its private, its my Step-fathers ranch, he co-owns with other family members. Its a nice piece of land that they built up themselves over the years. I try and help as much as I can while I'm there with regular maintenance around the property.

Dan20703
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dan20703 »

Lost our hunting spot last year to a developer. I guess the owner of the property got an offer he couldn't refuse.

Nowhere to hunt this year. First time in about 15 years. :grumble
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

PatrickMas20 wrote:

Nice!! What caliber did she shoot with? That will make a great mount, gonna need some high ceilings to hang that one.

I head out tomorrow around 4am for my step-fathers ranch, hes already there prepping the cabin. Haven't been this excited since last season!
Thanks! She took it with a 30-06 at 300 yards.

He's at the taxidermist now, we have the ceiling height to accommodate him. Freezer space was what got tight! Pretty sure I'll be giving away all of my whitetail meat from this year along with some of my Axis meat. :drool: I shot an even bigger (bodied) elk last year and we wound up giving away every single whitetail, axis, sika, and hog that we shot last year.

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

Dan20703 wrote:Lost our hunting spot last year to a developer. I guess the owner of the property got an offer he couldn't refuse.

OUCH!

Topic author
PatrickMas20

Post by PatrickMas20 »

canvasbck wrote:
PatrickMas20 wrote:

Thanks! She took it with a 30-06 at 300 yards.

He's at the taxidermist now, we have the ceiling height to accommodate him. Freezer space was what got tight! Pretty sure I'll be giving away all of my whitetail meat from this year along with some of my Axis meat. :drool: I shot an even bigger (bodied) elk last year and we wound up giving away every single whitetail, axis, sika, and hog that we shot last year.
Nice shot!! I have to selectively shoot so my freezer wont over fill. Looking into chest freezers the past month so I can keep more on hand. My mom wont let me use her's anymore, says I use too much space :lol:

Topic author
PatrickMas20

Post by PatrickMas20 »

Dan20703 wrote:Lost our hunting spot last year to a developer. I guess the owner of the property got an offer he couldn't refuse.

That's no fun. I used to dove hunt out in Katy where they were building all those new developments of 1463. Now all the fields turned into houses... been a while since I've been bird hunting. My 12g has seen no love the past two years.

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

PatrickMas20 wrote:

That's no fun. I used to dove hunt out in Katy where they were building all those new developments of 1463. Now all the fields turned into houses... been a while since I've been bird hunting. My 12g has seen no love the past two years.
You're missing out..........no freezer space needed! :drool: :drool:

Return to “Hunting Photos”