looking for 2017-2018 deer lease

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Sully504
Posts in topic: 1

looking for 2017-2018 deer lease

Post by Sully504 »

I'm a Texas LEO with a wife and very young daughter. Were looking for a family oriented year round deer and hog lease. Being an LEO I get paranoid about being on one of those leases with 50+ members that some just want to go to the woods to get drunk and the odds of coming across someone that doesn't care for LEO is increasing by the day.

If you have any insight on a east Texas hunting lease please send me some info. I prefer some where with in 2-3hrs drive of Galveston County area. I have a 5th where so power and water is a plus.

thanks in advance to any help.

cmgee67

Re: looking for 2017-2018 deer lease

Post by cmgee67 »

I'm from Dallas but here is a list I found in TP&W's website
https://www2.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/ ... tlease.php

puma guy

Re: looking for 2017-2018 deer lease

Post by puma guy »

Welcome to the forum, Sully504. Thank you for your service as a LEO. I know the difficulty in finding a decent lease in Texas. Since 1994 I have been fortunate enough to be on the same deer lease. One of the guys has been on it since 1962! I wish you the best of luck in finding a lease that suits your requirements. The folks on this forum are the best, but you may be limiting yourself since it's not a hunting centered site. Here's a link for the Texas Hunting Forum which may help broaden your search.

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Hunting Photos”