Chucky and the deer blind.

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
narcissist
Posts in topic: 10

Chucky and the deer blind.

Post by narcissist »

About six years ago I had a decent deer blind that had been on the fence line at that time for about ten years. Had a agreement with the owner next door if you see something good on my side shoot it and vice-versa.

Well one morning before entering the blind I saw the windows busted out first after further investigation found Bullet Holes, yes about 75 bullet holes all throughout the blind entering only from the neighbors side. Bullet casings from a 22lr were all on the neighbors property, bassically in a a couple piles. So many you could see the shine of the brass in the daylight, usually a beautiful sight to see not this time.

I then contacted who was the neighbor a real older nice man, he had informed me that he sold the property a few years back and was nice enough to give me the contact info of the new owner.

Immediately contacted the local Game Warden, had his cell phone number. He informed me he had retired and to contact the newbie. So I did of course, rode with the Warden out to the blind "trying" to get on his good side, since he's the new Warden.

Anyway once we got there and he took photos collected the evidence ect. I was talking to him about how the suspect had been committing about two crimes. One destroying private property and two shooting in the air with a firearm, that's a felony.

Warden called the land owner and informed him of the situation at hand. The neighbor stated he did not even own a firearm, but yet every year they dump the caucuses right on the fence line futher down. So at this point in time the guy didnt want to speak any further and hung up.(a little suspicious)?

I spoke to the Warden a little longer about the situation and the Warden then stated "Not much can be done at this time but I will follow up with you at a latter date". Took my info, number ect.

At this point I was pretty angry with the Warden, who wouldn't be? Continued on about the felony that took place and the evidence In Hand. He then stated in a chuckle "Its Just A Deer Blind". :mad5

So as "Chucky" was walking to his vehicle he looked back because I wasn't coming along, told him I'll walk back find your way, just lock the gate behind you.

Still today six years later no news, I've called may times because the 7 year mark is coming up soon. They always tell me we are investigating it Sir but nothing new as of yet.
20190924_191216-600x600.jpg
20190924_191228-600x600.jpg
20190924_191246-600x600.jpg
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Chucky and the deer blind.

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I’d be worried about getting up in that blind again, without first moving it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
narcissist

Post by narcissist »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:34 pm I’d be worried about getting up in that blind again, without first moving it.
Myself in the evenings once in a blue moon I still hunt it, I have 3/8inch steel plate I've had to hold back from putting it up on the left wall. Thought maybe if he shot at it again it would ricochet and he might get his own lead poisoning. Can't even have a feeder at the location now due to the fact of "someone" is destroying it every time. Tryed trail cams to catch him and even though it worked it's of a guy in Full Leafy Camouflage. Gave up on feeders within a 400yd range away from the fence line, still got plenty more area's to hunt luckily. Tryed hiding out with night vision with no luck either, ever watch that show "fear thy neighbor" afraid I might be on it one day. Not the victim though, there's a law of hunter harassment but trying to prove anything is the Hard Part.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flintknapper »

narcissist wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:54 pm About six years ago I had a decent deer blind that had been on the fence line at that time for about ten years. Had a agreement with the owner next door if you see something good on my side shoot it and vice-versa.

Well one morning before entering the blind I saw the windows busted out first after further investigation found Bullet Holes, yes about 75 bullet holes all throughout the blind entering only from the neighbors side. Bullet casings from a 22lr were all on the neighbors property, bassically in a a couple piles. So many you could see the shine of the brass in the daylight, usually a beautiful sight to see not this time.

I then contacted who was the neighbor a real older nice man, he had informed me that he sold the property a few years back and was nice enough to give me the contact info of the new owner.

Immediately contacted the local Game Warden, had his cell phone number. He informed me he had retired and to contact the newbie. So I did of course, rode with the Warden out to the blind "trying" to get on his good side, since he's the new Warden.

Anyway once we got there and he took photos collected the evidence ect. I was talking to him about how the suspect had been committing about two crimes. One destroying private property and two shooting in the air with a firearm, that's a felony.

Warden called the land owner and informed him of the situation at hand. The neighbor stated he did not even own a firearm, but yet every year they dump the caucuses right on the fence line futher down. So at this point in time the guy didnt want to speak any further and hung up.(a little suspicious)?

I spoke to the Warden a little longer about the situation and the Warden then stated "Not much can be done at this time but I will follow up with you at a latter date". Took my info, number ect.

At this point I was pretty angry with the Warden, who wouldn't be? Continued on about the felony that took place and the evidence In Hand. He then stated in a chuckle "Its Just A Deer Blind". :mad5

So as "Chucky" was walking to his vehicle he looked back because I wasn't coming along, told him I'll walk back find your way, just lock the gate behind you.

Still today six years later no news, I've called may times because the 7 year mark is coming up soon. They always tell me we are investigating it Sir but nothing new as of yet.20190924_191216-600x600.jpg20190924_191228-600x600.jpg20190924_191246-600x600.jpg
Not sure what more you expected the Warden to do? He contacted the current owner. Unless you have reason to believe the current land owner was responsible or have proof of that, what did you expect to happen? Do you know if the current land owner leases out the property or allows others access to it for hunting or other purposes? The Warden well knew...it would be nearly impossible to pin it down.

And what 'Felonies' were supposedly committed? I agree that wanton vandalism occurred and also intentionally shooting across a property line. Both misdemeanors unless the value of your deer stand exceeded $2500.00, which by appearances it does not.

Like you....I would love to see the persons responsible caught, but good luck with that.

As for the placement of the stand...it depends largely on the lay of the land. It is not uncommon to place a stand on/near a property line with the intent of hunting down the property line or shooting solely away from the property line. Even over/onto the neighboring property WITH WRITTEN PERMISSION. I don't know your particular situation...so I won't comment on that...but typically it is considered 'bad form' to place a stand very near a properly line. Not illegal...of course, but can cause hard feelings between property owners.

Since no further incidents have occurred and several years have passed...you might consider just 'letting it go' and move on. The Warden at this point certainly has no interest in it...nor would I expect him to. Continue calling and dwelling on it if it makes you feel better.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

flintknapper wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:21 am
narcissist wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:54 pm About six years ago I had a decent deer blind that had been on the fence line at that time for about ten years. Had a agreement with the owner next door if you see something good on my side shoot it and vice-versa.

Still today six years later no news, I've called may times because the 7 year mark is coming up soon. They always tell me we are investigating it Sir but nothing new as of yet.20190924_191216-600x600.jpg20190924_191228-600x600.jpg20190924_191246-600x600.jpg
Not sure what more you expected the Warden to do? He contacted the current owner. Unless you have reason to believe the current land owner was responsible or proof of that, what did you expect to happen? Do you know if the current land owner leases out the property or allows others access to it for hunting or other purposes?

And what Felonies were supposedly committed? I agree that wanton vandalism occurred and also intentionally shooting across a property line. Both misdemeanors unless the value of your deer stand exceeded $2500.00, which by appearances it does not.

Like you....I would love to see the persons responsible caught, but good luck with that.

As for the placement of the stand...it depends largely on the lay of the land. It is not uncommon to place a stand on/near a property line with the intent of hunting down the property line or shooting solely away from the property line. Even over/onto the neighboring property WITH WRITTEN PERMISSION. I don't know your particular situation...so I won't comment on that...but typically it is considered 'bad form' to place a stand very near a properly line. Not illegal...of course, but can cause hard feelings between property owners.

Since no further incidents have occurred and several years have passed...you might consider just 'letting it go' and move on. The Warden at this point certainly has no interest in it...nor would I expect him to.
Funny you mentioned this. Several years ago we hunted on a place where the folks leasing the place that was on two sides of us did just that. Placed their blinds right on the fence line. There was no cover of any kind on their side of property. Our place was loaded in cover and had many deer crossing through it in mornings and late afternoon. Those guys were constantly shooting deer as far as 200 yards inside our place. We would find evidence of it all the time but could not prove it was them. Our biggest fear was them shooting in our direction when we were hunting in this area. It was a constant source of irritation for years.

Topic author
narcissist

Post by narcissist »

flintknapper wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:21 am

Not sure what more you expected the Warden to do? He contacted the current owner. Unless you have reason to believe the current land owner was responsible or have proof of that, what did you expect to happen? Do you know if the current land owner leases out the property or allows others access to it for hunting or other purposes? The Warden well knew...it would be nearly impossible to pin it down.

And what 'Felonies' were supposedly committed? I agree that wanton vandalism occurred and also intentionally shooting across a property line. Both misdemeanors unless the value of your deer stand exceeded $2500.00, which by appearances it does not.

Since no further incidents have occurred and several years have passed...you might consider just 'letting it go' and move on. The Warden at this point certainly has no interest in it...nor would I expect him to. Continue calling and dwelling on it if it makes you feel better.
I expected him to do his job? Pretty sure the bullet casings had prints on them, I doubt they wiped them down like a real criminal would. The deer blind is elevated so whoever shot it up shot in the air, thought that was a felony? I know celebratory gun fire is a felony, whoever did it had fun I'm guessing.

So what your saying is I could get away with "revenge" because they couldn't pin it down on someone else? Hmmm, interesting :lol: na of course the thought came to mind but guess my "moral compass" got in the way.

We've had a multiple deer stands in that same area for over 30 years so although it may not be "good form" never had a "verbal" complaint about it. The days of a mans word I guess is not any good anymore but with the old owner our word was good as gold. Haven't received verbal or "written" notice from the new owner. So not shooting over the fence line.

Also when our property is about 15-20 times larger at least seams like they wouldn't complain with a "firearm" when they have their own blinds on the fenceline. Its think brush on both sides with just right of ways/senderos. Of course I have no "eye witness" to the crime, guess I should have had some casings tested on my own just to know for sure. Wouldn't have been legal in court though, the land he owns is to small to lease but don't know for sure.

Bye the way I've only contacted them maybe 3 times in six years so it's definitely making me "feel much better" :smilelol5: The photo's were taken yesterday bye the way and this was mainly for a conversation piece.

Guess when the land owner flips you off everytime you see him you start pointing fingers, hope he doesn't shoot up my house next. The law might just drag the dead bodies out of the house and throw them in the Land Fill. No questions or investigations required :confused5 jk [Not Comparing the Two Crimes]

03Lightningrocks

According to this, it is a class C misdemeanor to fire a weapon across property lines without written permission.

https://texas.public.law/statutes/tex._ ... on_62.0121
(b)A person commits an offense if:
(1)the person, while hunting or engaging in recreational shooting, knowingly discharges a firearm; and
(2)the projectile from the firearm travels across a property line.

Topic author
narcissist

Post by narcissist »

One good thing is there's a lady down the road a ways that had actruly caught him with a friend, hunting dog's and weapons. Said she had heard the dog's barking and went out to investigate, saw only the dog's with hunting vests on so she knew there was hunters. Hollered at them (since they were in the brush hiding) she stated "come out or I'm shooting your dogs", they came out. She held them at gun point until the law got there. Don't know the outcome but at least some justice was served. :anamatedbanana

Another reason to believe it was him I guess.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Maybe your game warden hasn't watched Animal Planet's Lone Star Law. Those people seem pretty tough.

I agree with you that this game warden could have done more like a face to face interview with the other landowner. What if someone had been in the blind when it had been shot at? If you had shot the wrong species of duck I guarantee you a game warden would have been watching and ticketed you the big bucks.

Topic author
narcissist

Post by narcissist »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:28 am According to this, it is a class C misdemeanor to fire a weapon across property lines without written permission.

(1)the person, while hunting or engaging in recreational shooting, knowingly discharges a firearm; and
Don't tell people that, everyone's going to start shooting up deer blinds. Since there's no reproccustions, except maybe a small fine.

Plus how do you put a value on something you made by hand, would it be "Hourly wage + cost of materials" including the Welder Hired to do the job on the stand. So if you add it up actruly brand new it was close to $2500.00 or I could make it at least add up to that ammount. :mrgreen:

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flechero »

narcissist wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:54 pm At this point I was pretty angry with the Warden, who wouldn't be? Continued on about the felony that took place and the evidence In Hand. He then stated in a chuckle "Its Just A Deer Blind". :mad5
What if you had been inside when shot up? You let the warden off way too easy. I would have also called the with sheriff's dept, several things not game related there, worthy bof an actual investigation.

03Lightningrocks

narcissist wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:53 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:28 am According to this, it is a class C misdemeanor to fire a weapon across property lines without written permission.

Don't tell people that, everyone's going to start shooting up deer blinds. Since there's no reproccustions, except maybe a small fine.

Plus how do you put a value on something you made by hand, would it be "Hourly wage + cost of materials" including the Welder Hired to do the job on the stand. So if you add it up actruly brand new it was close to $2500.00 or I could make it at least add up to that ammount. :mrgreen:
Two years after I got off the lease I spoke of above, the guys that stayed on it got into a shooting confrontation. One of our guys was sitting in a tree when a doofus from the other side fired right in his direction. The round hit a tree near him. He got real angry and put a few rounds back across the fence. Wardens and cops were called, arguments ensued. Nobody was cited or arrested due to all the different versions. That was the last season on that lease. The owner got concerned and leased it to someone else. We had that place around 14 years.

Topic author
narcissist

Post by narcissist »

rotor wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:52 am Maybe your game warden hasn't watched Animal Planet's Lone Star Law. Those people seem pretty tough.

I agree with you that this game warden could have done more like a face to face interview with the other landowner. What if someone had been in the blind when it had been shot at? If you had shot the wrong species of duck I guarantee you a game warden would have been watching and ticketed you the big bucks.
Very true, hate to think "what if" makes you a little Paranoid up in any of the deer stands, It's supose to be a peaceful/relaxing experience. Expecially now I learned it's only a Class C misdemeanor if you even get caught at it. Takes a crazy person to even attempt such a act. Wonder if the guy checked it first or just opened fire, guess I'll never know.

Topic author
narcissist

Post by narcissist »

flechero wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:43 pm
narcissist wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:54 pm At this point I was pretty angry with the Warden, who wouldn't be? Continued on about the felony that took place and the evidence In Hand. He then stated in a chuckle "Its Just A Deer Blind". :mad5
What if you had been inside when shot up? You let the warden off way too easy. I would have also called the with sheriff's dept, several things not game related there, worthy bof an actual investigation.
You're right, after the reaction I got should of proceeded further.

Topic author
narcissist

Post by narcissist »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:44 pm
narcissist wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:53 am

Two years after I got off the lease I spoke of above, the guys that stayed on it got into a shooting confrontation. One of our guys was sitting in a tree when a doofus from the other side fired right in his direction. The round hit a tree near him. He got real angry and put a few rounds back across the fence. Wardens and cops were called, arguments ensued. Nobody was cited or arrested due to all the different versions. That was the last season on that lease. The owner got concerned and leased it to someone else. We had that place around 14 years.
That's bad to because after 14 years you have invested so much money into it the next guy gets a Great Lease! Question: ---> was "doofus" related to "Chucky" in any way ;-)

Return to “Hunting Photos”