PLEASE READ: Format change for "Find the Gun for You"

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

PLEASE READ: Format change for "Find the Gun for You"

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

There has been a procedural change for people wanting to try different guns in the "Find the Gun for You" event at the 2008 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC. A local commercial ammo manufacturer was going to have ammo on site for people to buy, but that has fallen through. The owner is very ill and the ammo cannot be made available.

Since no ammo will be available at the range, people should buy factory ammo in the calibers they want to try. At this point, I expect to have various guns available in .380 Auto, 9mm Luger, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP. We may have guns in .32 ACP, 38Special and .357 Mag. I rather doubt we'll have guns in other calibers, so keep this in mind when deciding what ammo to buy. As soon as we know exactly what calibers will be available, I will post that information in this thread.

Please note that we will allow only factory ammo to be used in these guns. I reload myself and I have nothing against reloaded ammo. However, I've been reloading for 40 years and others have been reloading for 40 minutes. People are lending their guns for this event and it's only fair to do everything we can to return them to the owner in good condition.

Chas.

longtooth

Re: PLEASE READ: Format change for "Find the Gun for You"

Post by longtooth »

I can offer a Ruger GP100, SP101, Taurus UL in .38sp.
Any one that wants to may come ask me to shoot my Kimber Pro or SA 1911A1. I will have these on at the shoot.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

MTICop
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MTICop »

I will be there with a Kimber CDP Pro, SA XD(M) and a Walther P22. If anyone wants to try any of these they are welcome. They just need to come find me.
Adversity doesn't build character....it reveals it.

USAF (Retired)
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Good, I wanna shoot the "M".
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The 2008 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC has been CANCELLED! Please see http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 79&t=18914" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more details.

Chas.

Return to “TexasCHLforum Day at PSC 2008”