Paul Howe, Nac Rifle Class

This section is ONLY for instructors posting classes in compliance with Rule 14. Please do not post questions or reviews, or announcements of classes that you are not teaching.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 2

Paul Howe, Nac Rifle Class

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Guys, I'll be taking Paul Howe's Rifle Class tomorrow.

Setting up this thread as a comment / review on his stuff. He's right here in East Texas so probably in line with what many here would consider in the future for training.

Looking forward to it. I've had tons of pistol training but almost no rifle other than a basic course so this should be very educational.

LTUME1978
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Paul Howe, Nac Rifle Class

Post by LTUME1978 »

I have been to 8 classes with Paul. You will really enjoy the class. Be warned, you will want to take more classes in the future.

thatguy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by thatguy »

CSAT and Paul Howe are the real deal. Be sure to read the qualification standards as this is not your mom and pop course but more for experienced shooters. :tiphat:
In the endless pursuit of perfection, we may achieve excellence.

Texas LTC and School Safety Instructor and NRA Training Counselor

Topic author
PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

LTUME1978 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:48 pm I have been to 8 classes with Paul. You will really enjoy the class. Be warned, you will want to take more classes in the future.
Well this turned out to be a solid statement.

Definitely signing up for more classes. I may or may not implement the full range of his "system" but overall it is very consistent and very well advised.

Basically, everything he teaches is designed to create a shooting 'system' that produces consistent shot placement through the whole range of positions as well as be manageable for the gun.
I may or may not implement his system on cqb and really close-in work but for longer range, standing / kneeling / prone it certainly is a good point.

Overall I enjoyed the class quite a bit and know I'll be doing more of his classes in the future.

Was able to take a 10.5" 300 blackout out to 300 yards with a 8" grouping. Better than I thought it or I could do with that gun.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Thanks for the review!

Going out to CSAT for instructor training is on my to do list. Learned a ton from his seminar in Ft. Worth and applying his articles, books, and DVDs. I train to Paul's Pistol and Rifle standards and they are solid. And only a modest number rounds of well spent ammo for each.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:11 am
I may or may not implement his system on cqb and really close-in work but for longer range, standing / kneeling / prone it certainly is a good point.
My students love the close-in portions.

If you don't have a range that allows all the 100, 75, 50, 25, 7 yard positions, www.paladintraining.us has some printable scaled targets in the Training Materials section.

Like Paul, the 75y kneeling is the toughest for me.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Basic & Advanced Training (Non-LTC)”