Patriot Dawn: The Resistance Rises

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tbrown
Posts in topic: 2

Patriot Dawn: The Resistance Rises

Post by tbrown »

Has anybody read Patriot Dawn: The Resistance Rises by Max Alexander? What are your thoughts?

I gather from online reviews it's a mashup of a TEOTWAWKI novel and a prepping manual. There are many glowing reviews written by the author's followers. I don't see many from readers who had no prior opinion of the author.

1. Is it worth reading as a novel? Is it worth reading as prepping manual? Or is it worth reading only because it's an edutainment mashup? Did I get the wrong impression of the book from online reviews? :lol:

2. If it's worth reading other than as a novel, is it worth reading on a Kindle or do you need the print version to get the full benefit? I've read Kindle editions of non-fiction books where the diagrams, charts, and other non-text content was missing or not suited to an e-reader display.

3. Whether or not you liked Patriot Dawn: The Resistance Rises, is there anything else you particularly suggest reading if Senator Snowflake (R-AK) sinks the Kavanaugh nomination and/or the blue wave actually materializes? :shock:
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

bblhd672

Re: Patriot Dawn: The Resistance Rises

Post by bblhd672 »

I’ve read Patriot Dawn and the sequel, on Kindle so no idea if anything is missing in the way of pictures and diagrams.
Also follow author’s blog at his website: https://maxvelocitytactical.com/blog/
I’ve read so many TEOTWAWKI novels/prepping manuals I don’t remember much details of these two novels. I believe he knows the subjects he writes about.

My 2 cents is it doesn’t hurt to read all of the TEOTWAWKI novels/prepping manuals, you get some new perspectives or ideas from each of them.

What books of this genre have you read already?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Kadelic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kadelic »

I have read both Patriot Dawn and Patriot Rising, both in Kindle version. I think the physical copies would be better for reviewing the diagrams of certain battles/engagements, but you don't loose too much IMO.

I thought it was worth reading as a novel and a "prepping manual." While the characters and story aren't as developed as much as J.W. Rawles Patriots series of books, it is well written and a compelling story. The story does involve prepping, but its main focus is on having a network of people that are trained to work together in a post collapse situation, or any emergency type of situation. It goes into great detail regarding tactical details of patrolling (both on foot and vehicle mounted), breaking contact, ambushing, field craft, etc.

I mentioned J.W. Rawles series of books starting with the novel Patriots. I recommend his books as well.
Honor Necessity

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

On a related note, what would y'all's best guesses be on the likelihood of a TEOTWAWKI scenario playing our in our lifetimes? For the sake of standardizing on remaining lifetime, lets say the next 40 years.

Personally, I'd put the chance at somewhere around 5% - 10%. In other words, high enough that some prepping makes sense. Just like I buy insurance for a multitude of other things that have a 5% chance of happening in that same time frame.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:33 pm On a related note, what would y'all's best guesses be on the likelihood of a TEOTWAWKI scenario playing our in our lifetimes? For the sake of standardizing on remaining lifetime, lets say the next 40 years.

Personally, I'd put the chance at somewhere around 5% - 10%. In other words, high enough that some prepping makes sense. Just like I buy insurance for a multitude of other things that have a 5% chance of happening in that same time frame.
75% - Economic collapse inevitable due to unsustainable debt, although some other event may be the trigger for the collapse.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:33 pm On a related note, what would y'all's best guesses be on the likelihood of a TEOTWAWKI scenario playing our in our lifetimes? For the sake of standardizing on remaining lifetime, lets say the next 40 years.

This study says 30%-40% (and uses actual math)... https://medium.com/s/story/the-surprisi ... fce7d10437

The most potentially damaging isn't civil war though, its an EMP, Hacking or 'hard strike' event against our electrical systems which would result in upwards of 50% or more in casualties. I would put that around 50% chance within the next 20 years.

You have to remember, it isn't the likelyhood of next year that is an issue. It is the likelyhood across the remainder of your life (or your kid's lives, if you care about them) that leads to these high odds.

Also note, civil wars never seem possible until they happen. As is routinely documented. A good read: http://www.cracked.com/personal-experie ... -life.html

Also a good read... http://www.cracked.com/personal-experie ... fying.html

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Also realize, there is a reason that EVERY homeowner's policy out there excludes war and terrorism. They do nothing but statistics all day long and recognize the wide-reaching affects of any such conflict. Between those two factors, it is something you can't buy insurance against, even if you wanted too...

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

Without going all Bill Clinton on you, it depends how you define "as we know it."

A financial crisis as bad as or worse than the Great Depression? Better than even.

An unconventional attack by a rogue State or NGO using WMD or EMP or infrastructure takedown? At least 3 in 4.

A civil war? Less than 1 in 5 chance, with LIC much more likely than formal secession.

A tropical storm causing more damage than Harvey? A near certainty in the next 40 years.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Zombie virus is inside all of us...just waiting to be triggered. Everyone dies, everyone "turns". Determine now what you will do to protect yourself from the living AND the (un)dead. :shock:

The Zombie Apocalypse IS coming...are YOU ready... :???:

Disclaimer: IANAZ(y)

I am not a zombie (yet). :waiting:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

ScottDLS wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:04 pm Zombie virus is inside all of us...just waiting to be triggered. Everyone dies, everyone "turns". Determine now what you will do to protect yourself from the living AND the (un)dead. :shock:

Then I'm buying some of some Zombie killer bullets before the are all gone.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

WTR wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:48 pm
ScottDLS wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:04 pm Zombie virus is inside all of us...just waiting to be triggered. Everyone dies, everyone "turns". Determine now what you will do to protect yourself from the living AND the (un)dead. :shock:

Then I'm buying some of some Zombie killer bullets before the are all gone.
Only head shots or total destruction of the spinal cord...
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

Most elected officials will be safe in the Zombie Apocalypse. :evil2:

I think The End will come during the lifetime of the Millennials, if not during mine. The signs are there.
https://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic ... 81&t=93811

To those who think it will be different this time, I wish them the best of luck, but this is one ant who doesn't plan on saving any locusts.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

BBYC wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:51 pm Most elected officials will be safe in the Zombie Apocalypse. :evil2:
How can you be so sure zombies won't like bubble gum flavored brains? :biggrinjester:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
tbrown

Post by tbrown »

Thanks for the feedback. In return, I'll recommend a book I'm reading again because of current events.
Forging the Hero by John Mosby, aka Mountain Guerrilla

The book is more intellectual than tactical, although the author writes like he probably speaks, and there's no shortage of four letter words. If that doesn't bother you, it's a thought provoking explanation of why he believes TEOT[USA]AWKI is inevitable and, more importantly, what we can do as individuals and communities to weather the storm. The book was instrumental in my decision to quit my job last year, and move out of Austin, although the timing was accelerated by the GOP failing to repeal Obamacare despite running on that platform. If you think we can save America by voting straight ticket Republican, maybe this book isn't for you. :evil2:
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Return to “Books & Videos”