Netflix movie - 'Felon'

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Netflix movie - 'Felon'

Post by mojo84 »

Watched this last night. It provides some food for thought about how using deadly force can impact your life if your use of deadly force is deemed to not be self defense or excessive. I'm sure there is plenty of of exaggeration and embellished drama for dramatic purposes but it does provide some good food for thought. It was filmed in 2008 and I didn't watch it with the intent of gathering legal advice.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1117385/?ref_=fn_ft_tt_1

It's a prison movie so be warned. There is a lot of violence and bad language.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

JRG

Re: Netflix movie - 'Felon'

Post by JRG »

I watched it last month. It is very intense. Makes me not to want to go to prison. :shock:

Joe

AdioSS

Post by AdioSS »

I worked in corrections for 5 years. I was at a Minimum/Medium Risk facility & not Max like that, but there were a LOT of changes during that time that lead me to believe that a bunch of that was just Hollywood. However, someone I am very close with did get screwed over by the legal system & might feel completely different.

A bunch of the movie did remind me of the old job, though.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Years ago there was convicts and inmates. The convicts were those with “character” if you will and didn’t like the games the younger “inmates” would play.

From going in and out of institutions as a Chaplin it appears all the convicts are dead and it just inmates.

Return to “Books & Videos”