John Daub’s ebook Drills, Qualifications, Standards, and Tests (FREE)

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

John Daub’s ebook Drills, Qualifications, Standards, and Tests (FREE)

Post by Paladin »

John Daub’s ebook Drills, Qualifications, Standards, and Tests is free. You do have to register for the KR Training mailing list.

It appears to have been released after Strategies and Standards for Defensive Handgun Training (2019), and has qualifications and standards not found in the 2019 book.

So far the centerpiece seems to be the "Rangemaster Master Instructor Qualification". I am really liking what I see with that Qualification. John indicates it is his go to "cold drill". So far I ran the qual with airsoft and a 1/3 scale target and the qual certainly tests the limits of what accuracy is possible with airsoft. My airsoft pistol can not hit the target zone consistently at a simulated 25 yards... but airsoft does well for the other stages.

I have a feeling that qual will be one of my standards as well. So far I like it better than the other Rangemaster quals I have tried, and the 25 yard stage looks to be a true challenge.

Thanks to John and Karl making this material available at no charge!!!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: John Daub’s ebook Drills, Qualifications, Standards, and Tests (FREE)

Post by oljames3 »

Paladin wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:37 pm John Daub’s ebook Drills, Qualifications, Standards, and Tests is free. You do have to register for the KR Training mailing list.

It appears to have been released after Strategies and Standards for Defensive Handgun Training (2019), and has qualifications and standards not found in the 2019 book.

So far the centerpiece seems to be the "Rangemaster Master Instructor Qualification". I am really liking what I see with that Qualification. John indicates it is his go to "cold drill". So far I ran the qual with airsoft and a 1/3 scale target and the qual certainly tests the limits of what accuracy is possible with airsoft. My airsoft pistol can not hit the target zone consistently at a simulated 25 yards... but airsoft does well for the other stages.

I have a feeling that qual will be one of my standards as well. So far I like it better than the other Rangemaster quals I have tried, and the 25 yard stage looks to be a true challenge.

Thanks to John and Karl making this material available at no charge!!!
John Daub's latest blog entries discuss his recent experiences and presentations at the Rangemaster Tactical Conference 2022. https://blog.hsoi.com/ There is also a link to his discussion of minimum competencies which I find fascinating.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

I have read this version: Minimum Competency for Defensive Pistol (2013)

I understand there is an update?
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AF-Odin »

Paladin,

Thanks for the heads up. Downloaded last night.
Odin
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Return to “Books & Videos”