Magazine Review: Concealed Carry Magazine

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Hyunchback
Posts in topic: 2

Magazine Review: Concealed Carry Magazine

Post by Hyunchback »

Concealed Carry Magazine is the house publication for the US Concealed Carry Association. It is not available on news stands to my knowledge.

It is the only regular periodical I am aware of that focuses on concealed carry. It is printed on heavy paper and stands up to lots and lots of handling.

It does carry advertising and as such there may be some influence over what gets said but I have not yet observed a blatant misrepresentation.

What I have seen are reviews that call a dog a dog. The review published about the CZ 100 polymer framed pistol is an example. No one reading the review would have been confused about the author's opinion that he didn't feel the gun was fit to own. A more recent example was when a reviewer took Charter Arms latest run of revolvers to task for being mis-timed.

Monthly features include profiles who carry concealed, why they choose to be among the sheepdogs and their influences. Segments on the Armed Senior Citizen discuss topics pertinent to the older members of the population. Recent articles discussed whether concealed carry was compatible with being Christian (this was published before Jeanne Assam answered that question to the affirmative).

Another regular feature is "It doesn't have to make sense it's just the law." It examines certain concepts that are particular to certain states (the author would know his own state's laws best, of course) and to concealed carry states in general as well as matters of self-defense law.

In the spirit of "The Armed Citizen" from the NRA comes the section labeled "True Stories".

I find the issues highly relevant to my own needs as a new CHL holder.
What is Project One Million: Texas?
The "Project" is a grassroots effort to increase the number of Texans who are members of the National Rifle Association from 250.000 to 1,000,000.
http://www.projectonemilliontexas.com/

Commander Cody
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Magazine Review: Concealed Carry Magazine

Post by Commander Cody »

Where do you find the mag?
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Commander Cody wrote:Where do you find the mag?
Do a Google search for USCCA.
NRA Endowment Member

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

Thank you. Very informative.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

9mmGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 9mmGuy »

are you talking about this magazine?
if so the articles and info are pretty good. my only dislike is its printed on newspaper style paper and most the articles are black and white. and i dont think its a monthly issue sorta thing, maybe only yearly. there is no month on it just the year. i believe its published by the same folks that do "1911 handguns"...er i mean "combat handguns". the ONLY place i have ever seen this magazines is at 7-11 stores.
Luck favors the Prepared
G19c, G26, KT P11, Mossberg Mav 88, 10/22

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

The magazine I was directed to is on the internet. I printed it from my computer. Probably not the same, but good.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

9mmGuy wrote:are you talking about this magazine?
No, the one you posted isn't the one. Check on this website: http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
Hyunchback

Post by Hyunchback »

9mmGuy wrote:are you talking about this magazine?
No, that's not the same magazine but it is potentially useful. That issue (supposed to be on news stands until the 18th of February) contains some good articles. One is on the actual carry arms of several gun writers. A great many of them carry snubby revolvers as opposed to 1911 variations. ;-)

A better article talks about concealed carry clothing. As the author and model for the photos tends to be on the heavier side he serves as a pretty good example for many of us. :thumbs2:

Since that issue is supposed to be removed from the shelves on the 18th that could mean another issue coming out soon.

The magazine I reviewed, however, comes out 8 times a year and I've never seen it on a magazine rack in any shop.
What is Project One Million: Texas?
The "Project" is a grassroots effort to increase the number of Texans who are members of the National Rifle Association from 250.000 to 1,000,000.
http://www.projectonemilliontexas.com/

Anton3

Post by Anton3 »

FYI - there is a also Texas Concealed Handgun magazine.
Personnaly, I like to make sure I support my "home boys" when signing up with the "National Boys."
I also hold memberships on both levels because our local organizations need our support, as do the others.
Anthony

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Just pointing out the specific link...
Not making any recommendations pro or con..

Web content gets you the first 100 words or so, then you need a membership to "read more"
--- http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/conceal ... gazine.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Back issues in PDF and Web format... Again, full content requires membership.
--- http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/browse/CCM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Books & Videos”