WINCHESTER

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

WINCHESTER

Post by WTR »

Tried watch the movie Winchester last night. It was so anti gun blaming the rifle for all the deaths and not the combatants that my wife and I had to turn it off half way through. My wife was steaming even more than I. Sara Winchester thought her inheritance was "BLOOD MONEY" due to those killed by a Winchester rifle. She was an idiot. I rented the movie because I like Helen Mirren, but forget it.

Flightmare

Re: WINCHESTER

Post by Flightmare »

I watched it as well, I did have fun at the ending. I won't spoil for anyone who happens to be reading, but if you'd like to know...send me a PM.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

ELB

Re: WINCHESTER

Post by ELB »

I don’t think you need to condemn Sarah Winchester. All the references I have read about her supposed belief that the ghosts of people killed with Winchester rifles were haunting her list this as “legend” about her. In other words it’s what other people speculating. I haven’t read any source that confirms that she actually believed this.

It appears much more likely that she was simply a rich old lady with a few screws loose and nobody to tell her she shouldn’t spend her money that way.

The “legend” is Just a convenient story that people attribute to her, and anti-gun Hollywood finds it particularly convenient.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Books & Videos”