Matt Larsen, the "Father of Modern Army Combatives," on How to Build Warriors

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Matt Larsen, the "Father of Modern Army Combatives," on How to Build Warriors

Post by Paladin »

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Sport Coach
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Matt Larsen, the "Father of Modern Army Combatives," on How to Build Warriors

Post by Sport Coach »

Thank you Paladin for posting this link. I've done what I can to teach my kids to have outstanding character and look out for their fellow man. My kids will be on their own after this year and I can now only call in the signals. They will watch this video.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Matt Larsen, the "Father of Modern Army Combatives," on How to Build Warriors

Post by Paladin »

Sport Coach wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:37 pm Thank you Paladin for posting this link. I've done what I can to teach my kids to have outstanding character and look out for their fellow man. My kids will be on their own after this year and I can now only call in the signals. They will watch this video.
Thank you for your kind words! While this video should be required viewing for every military leader, I think what is presented has broad application for personal defense. If you want to know how to win a fight (with a gun, knife and/or bare-handed), combatives are a great place to learn the mindset you need to win and the fitness aspect doesn't hurt either.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Books & Videos”