Book Review: Paul Howe’s Leadership and Training for the Fight

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Book Review: Paul Howe’s Leadership and Training for the Fight

Post by Paladin »

David Yamane's review of Paul Howe’s Leadership and Training for the Fight

I think David captures a number of the high points, but like he says, his review only scratches the surface.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Rafe

Re: Book Review: Paul Howe’s Leadership and Training for the Fight

Post by Rafe »

I bought it in paperback when it came out in 2011 (I think it was 2011). I do most of my text reading (meaning not textbooks or books with a lot of detailed illustrations) on a Kindle nowadays because I can adjust the font size so that I don't need reading glasses, and I can hold it easily in one hand.

I saw just last week that Leadership and Training for the Fight was available at no additional charge with my Kindle Unlimited subscription, and downloaded it for a re-read. If anyone else has Kindle Unlimited and wants to snag a copy, here's the link: https://amzn.to/3beucRp. You have to be logged into your Amazon account or it shows a price of $11.99 rather than zero. (BTW, authors still get revenue on Kindle Unlimited books. Based on how much of the book you actually read, they're paid small royalties out of the Kindle Unlimited subscription fee.)
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Rafe wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:09 pm I bought it in paperback when it came out in 2011 (I think it was 2011). I do most of my text reading (meaning not textbooks or books with a lot of detailed illustrations) on a Kindle nowadays because I can adjust the font size so that I don't need reading glasses, and I can hold it easily in one hand.

I saw just last week that Leadership and Training for the Fight was available at no additional charge with my Kindle Unlimited subscription, and downloaded it for a re-read. If anyone else has Kindle Unlimited and wants to snag a copy, here's the link: https://amzn.to/3beucRp. You have to be logged into your Amazon account or it shows a price of $11.99 rather than zero. (BTW, authors still get revenue on Kindle Unlimited books. Based on how much of the book you actually read, they're paid small royalties out of the Kindle Unlimited subscription fee.)
I checked my first edition. 2005. The current version is expanded, so I bought that one two. :cheers2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Dang. You're right. I was going to say that I know I bought my copy after the movie Blackhawk Down came out...but that was in 2001. So now I'm thinking it's been over a dozen years since I read the book. Okay. It just moved up to next in the book schedule. ;-)
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Jago668
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jago668 »

Rafe wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:09 pm I bought it in paperback when it came out in 2011 (I think it was 2011). I do most of my text reading (meaning not textbooks or books with a lot of detailed illustrations) on a Kindle nowadays because I can adjust the font size so that I don't need reading glasses, and I can hold it easily in one hand.

Thank you for the heads up. Just downloaded it to my phone for reading later.
NRA Benefactor Member

LTUME1978
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LTUME1978 »

The book is a good read. His classes are well worth the time and expense. I have been to six of them and hope to go back once the virus is a thing of the past. FYI, I am not a LEO so I have only been to classes that he allows civilians to take. With that said, most of the folks attending those classes are LEO.

Return to “Books & Videos”