Short trip ideas

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bobby
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Short trip ideas

Post by bobby »

Yeah that’s why I don’t go there anymore.
:txflag:

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

oljames3 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:51 pm
SewTexas wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:59 am Robert and I just did a last minute trip to DFW. Did a Groupon for the hotel. The Kimbel has an amazing Monet exhibit right now, ohhh the waterlilies!!!....through sometime in Sept. If you like bookstores Dallas also has the Flagship for HalfPrice Books Stores, we can spend hours in there.
Are the Half-Price Bookstores you frequent posted with 30.06 and 30.07 as they all are in the Austin area?
all of the have 30.07, most have 30.06, but not all
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

http://www.luckenbachtexas.com/home.htm

Another site you might like would Luckenbach, Texas, site of the famous song. It is close to Fredericksburg also.

You take US 290 to FM 1376. I believe there's a Shell gas station/c-store on the corner of 290/1376, and then it's only a few miles to the venue.

The site is very compact, so I believe that with your help your bride could see the whole place in short order.

It would not be advisable to try to get in the souvenir shop, though, since it's SRO.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by howdy »

Two day trips from Houston would be the "Hemi Hideout" in Brookshire :https://www.hemihideout.com/. It is not open all the time and you need to make a reservation to go there. Also there is the Bryan museum in Galveston: https://thebryanmuseum.org/. It is an amazing place and I am 99% sure it is wheelchair friendly. (call and verify)
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

oljames3 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:57 pm
joe817 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:55 pm
oljames3 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:51 pm
SewTexas wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:59 am Robert and I just did a last minute trip to DFW. Did a Groupon for the hotel. The Kimbel has an amazing Monet exhibit right now, ohhh the waterlilies!!!....through sometime in Sept. If you like bookstores Dallas also has the Flagship for HalfPrice Books Stores, we can spend hours in there.
Are the Half-Price Bookstores you frequent posted with 30.06 and 30.07 as they all are in the Austin area?
They are here in Arlington. Both of them. Well...only 1 left. The one in Lincoln Square closed. I used to love going there but not any more since its posted 06 & 07. :totap:
:iagree:
Same. I avoid 30.06 unless absolutely neccessary and 30.07 as much as I can.
I get it, I don't like .06 but I do like bookstores and I really don't like paying full price for anything....so, I'll go to 1/2 price.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

67N20

Post by 67N20 »

Here's a nice daytrip my wife and I have done:

Take a tour of the "Texas Painted Churches". Most are located within 20 mikes of Shulenburg. One was located southwest of Giddings.

This link should give you a description and location for them: http://texasescapes.com/CentralTexasTow ... esTour.htm

I remember one of the churches only lets you go into the entry way, you could still see the inside quite well. All the others were open (and air conditioned), at least when e visited them several years ago.

This link should show some pictures of them: https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/ ... ightropetb

There is also a painted church in Fredericksburg and Shiner.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

The The Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum and the Dr Pepper museum are both in Waco.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Off-Topic”