Whatever problems we have before us, M*A*S*H always has the answer

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Whatever problems we have before us, M*A*S*H always has the answer

Post by Vol Texan »

Before Uncle Sam decided you commission me as a Armored Cavalry officer, I was an enlisted scrub nurse in the 912th M*A*S*H. I promise that the mix of soldiers we had were sometimes as dysfunctionally funny as the folks shown here.

Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

n5wmk
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Whatever problems we have before us, M*A*S*H always has the answer

Post by n5wmk »

Now that's funny! And I loved that show - I've seen every episode multiple times.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

ACR! As a field artillery officer in Germany, I was especially appreciative of the ACR. They would give me targets and keep the Russian Hordes off of me when they came pouring through the Fulda Gap.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Allons

Post by Allons »

oljames3 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:24 am ACR! As a field artillery officer in Germany, I was especially appreciative of the ACR. They would give me targets and keep the Russian Hordes off of me when they came pouring through the Fulda Gap.
I was in the Fulda Gap during my first 4.5 years in the military. I spent my first year almost on the border at OP Romeo. 11th ACR Blackhorse Sir!
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Allons wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:01 pm
oljames3 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:24 am ACR! As a field artillery officer in Germany, I was especially appreciative of the ACR. They would give me targets and keep the Russian Hordes off of me when they came pouring through the Fulda Gap.
I was in the Fulda Gap during my first 4.5 years in the military. I spent my first year almost on the border at OP Romeo. 11th ACR Blackhorse Sir!
My first tour, '78-'81, was with the Pershing missile system. I was a Platoon Leader for D Btry, 1/81FA, 56th FA BDE, at Willey Barracks in Neu Ulm, Bavaria. Second tour, '85-'86, I was Assistant S3 for 2/27FA, 3AD, in Ray Barracks, Friedberg.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Allons wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:01 pm
Spent three years inside the border. Berlin. Weren't really worried about the hordes coming over the wall. We just figured they'd hang signs on the wall that said "Prisoner of War Camp Berlin".
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

All my enlisted time was split between Ireland Army Hospital at Ft Knox and then the 912th MASH in the reserves, but my officer days were all 278th ACR in the Tennessee Army National Guard.

We never deployed in my time there, although the unit did see some action in the gulf after my departure.

I did love training for our three primary mission types: recon, screen, and economy-of-force. So yes, oljames, we always kept an open line with our Redlegs at all times!
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “Off-Topic”