Is it me or are postings down

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Is it me or are postings down

Post by Tex1961 »

I've noticed ever since the forum went kaput about 6 months ago that posting seems to be way down. I'm sure many of us searched for other gun forums but thought most would at least come back..

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Is it me or are postings down

Post by flechero »

It’s been double edged sword… With postings down, those of us that did come back post less and spend less time here since activity is lower.

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

:iagree: I don't think it's you. I found other forums a little disturbing with some good knowledge but
overwhelming negativity. With social media people feel anonymous & not accountable. NOT an excuse
but, the lockdown made it much worse very quickly. I believe courtesy and manners are being
abandoned as a general rule in society & have actually had people call me out or sneer at me for basic
courtesies. It's like people view the Golden Rule as a weakness instead of a strength. YMMV
Pete
:txflag: :patriot:

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

pushpullpete wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:56 am :iagree: I don't think it's you. I found other forums a little disturbing with some good knowledge but
overwhelming negativity. With social media people feel anonymous & not accountable. NOT an excuse
but, the lockdown made it much worse very quickly. I believe courtesy and manners are being
abandoned as a general rule in society & have actually had people call me out or sneer at me for basic
courtesies. It's like people view the Golden Rule as a weakness instead of a strength. YMMV
Pete
“A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.” ― Robert A. Heinlein, Friday

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

RottenApple wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:02 am
pushpullpete wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:56 am :iagree: I don't think it's you. I found other forums a little disturbing with some good knowledge but
Pete
“A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.” ― Robert A. Heinlein, Friday
True. I hurt for my children and grandchildren. My wife & I continue to do what we can to teach and support
them but, it never seems like it's enough. We truly have become a throw away society.
Pete

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

I think the broken log-in cookie issue probably slows things down too.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

Scott B. wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:38 pm I think the broken log-in cookie issue probably slows things down too.
Strangely, I am not having any problems with auto login.
Is it a widespread issue?

Watch, I'm sure I just jinxed myself. :roll: :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Scott B. wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:38 pm I think the broken log-in cookie issue probably slows things down too.
:iagree:

The home laptop is the only place I can get logged in on. Phone and iPad are no go.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Syntyr wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:09 pm

The home laptop is the only place I can get logged in on. Phone and iPad are no go.
Have you cleared your cache and or history.. That usually will fix the problem. Also if you have any ad blockers, etc. sometimes you may have to whitelist the site.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

just been super busy

i jump on to see whats new, but often do not respond or post anything new

my login seems to be fixed as it now remembers me :hurry:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

THE ENGINEER

Post by THE ENGINEER »

I think folks have lost interest in the forum due to a shift in the topics being discussed or they feel like it is an otherwise uninviting environment.

Personally, I feel the forum has become too much of a political soundboard. Topics far outside of Texas CHL or Texas gun legislation are commonplace. Many people are simply sick and tired of hearing about the election, theories about voter fraud, and so on.

Titles such as “George Floyd who died of an overdose….”, “Covid19…from China”, “Joe Xiden”…and so on do not give the appearance of an inviting forum where all ethnicities or races that are interested in learning about Texas gun laws or concealed carry are welcome. Combine that with at least one member sporting a confederate flag avatar and others that make exclusionary comments, I can see why forum activities are slow.

Shift forum focus back to TX concealed carry with an emphasis on helping anyone interested in learning about gun safety and Texas gun laws and I bet forum activity increases.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I think everything is down.

Have you bought any gasoline or a 2"x4" lately? It's just not this forum, everything is in regress mode EXCEPT those who are being paid to stay home and/or are invading our our homeland, thanks to the current administration of sodomites.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Oldgringo wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:46 pm I think everything is down.

Have you bought any gasoline or a 2"x4" lately? It's just not this forum, everything is in regress mode EXCEPT those who are being paid to stay home and/or are invading our homeland, thanks to the current administration of sodomites.

FWIW, I sense the same downturn on the GTA forum. No vendor has any pellets or not many/any HW airguns to sell. It is rather disheartening all across the board.

JDstar

Post by JDstar »

THE ENGINEER wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:55 pm I think folks have lost interest in the forum due to a shift in the topics being discussed or they feel like it is an otherwise uninviting environment.

Personally, I feel the forum has become too much of a political soundboard. Topics far outside of Texas CHL or Texas gun legislation are commonplace. Many people are simply sick and tired of hearing about the election, theories about voter fraud, and so on.

Titles such as “George Floyd who died of an overdose….”, “Covid19…from China”, “Joe Xiden”…and so on do not give the appearance of an inviting forum where all ethnicities or races that are interested in learning about Texas gun laws or concealed carry are welcome. Combine that with at least one member sporting a confederate flag avatar and others that make exclusionary comments, I can see why forum activities are slow.

Shift forum focus back to TX concealed carry with an emphasis on helping anyone interested in learning about gun safety and Texas gun laws and I bet forum activity increases.

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

Syntyr wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:09 pm

There is a fix for that - https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php ... 3&start=15
I deleted my old bookmark, replaced it with https://texaschlforum.com and it remembers me again.

Return to “Off-Topic”