San Antonio breakfast at Rudy's (11.13.21)

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 16

San Antonio breakfast at Rudy's (11.13.21)

Post by C-dub »

Good evening ladies and gents.

A little while back I mentioned in one of the DFW breakfast threads that my daughter and I would be coming down sometime this fall. We're 7 weeks out now (Saturday, November 13) and I'm getting this thread started for Steve Rothstein and anyone else that might like to show up. We've done this as an opportunity to OC and let folk know that we're not as scary as we're made out to be by some folks and to get faces to some screen names. Not everyone OC's nor do you have to.

It looks like there are 4 locations to choose from. We will be out near Pipe Creek, so please keep that in mind. We will also basically be on vacation, so none of that early 0800 stuff like we normally do up here. Although, 0900 should be fine.

Location #1
Leon Springs Rudy's
The Original Rudy's
24152 I-10, San Antonio, TX 78257

Location #2
10623 Westover Hills Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78251

Location #3
327 E Nakoma Dr, San Antonio, TX 78216

Location #4
15560 Interstate 35 North Selma, Schertz, TX 78154

#4 would be the furthest for us, but still within an hour I think, so no big deal. However, I'll leave it up to ya'll which one we should meet at that might garner the biggest draw. I'm not looking for a crowd, but thinking at least 2-4 more besides my daughter and me would be pretty cool. Or if ya'll are aware of an area where OC might be met with more resistance than another.

BTW, I don't think I've mentioned it here yet, but baby #3 is on the way and she'll be about 4 months along. She says she still wants to do this, but we'll see. My wife has taken that Thursday & Friday off to watch the twins, so if our daughter isn't up to the trip she will probably come instead.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Ruark
Posts in topic: 14

Re: San Antonio breakfast at Rudy's (11.13.21)

Post by Ruark »

I live near Comfort, so I'm game. Manny's in Comfort would be a great place to meet, but maybe too far out.

Ruark
-Ruark

srothstein
Posts in topic: 5

Post by srothstein »

I prefer #4 as it is the closest to me, but I am in for any of them.
Steve Rothstein

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

My 1st choice would be the Leon Springs site (since I come into town on I10). My 2nd choice would be the Schertz location. The other two are a tie.
-Ruark

jmorris
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jmorris »

srothstein wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:18 pm I prefer #4 as it is the closest to me, but I am in for any of them.
I would say the same (I'm in Cibolo) but you would pick a day that I have a class scheduled. Next time.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

jmorris wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:17 pm
srothstein wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:18 pm I prefer #4 as it is the closest to me, but I am in for any of them.
I would say the same (I'm in Cibolo) but you would pick a day that I have a class scheduled. Next time.
Sorry.

We have limited options since we're only going to be in the area for two days. Arrive Thursday afternoon and head back home Sunday morning. Friday we already have plans, so Saturday morning is our only option since we also have other plans Saturday afternoon.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Good evening again everyone,

We're about 2.5 weeks out and the trip is still on. I'm going to try and take my daughter out for a ride this Friday for about 2-2.5 hours and she how she does. I haven't told her yet, but if she doesn't think she's up for it on the bike I'm going to take her anyway in my truck. She needs the time off. I think for that reason and since we will have spent much of the previous two days riding and we will also on Sunday headed home, I'd like to meet for breakfast at the #1 spot in Leon Springs at 0900.

Of course, the other thing to consider is whether or not they are posted 30.06, 30.07, or anything else now that CC has gone into effect. Ruark, since you might be the closest one to this location and travel through there, do you know if they are posted at all?

srothstein
Posts in topic: 5

Post by srothstein »

I am in. I have not seem postings on any of the Rudy's I have been to.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

srothstein wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:41 am I am in. I have not seem postings on any of the Rudy's I have been to.
We haven't seen any up here either. However, being so close to SA I didn't know what the atmosphere was like for normally friendly 2A businesses elsewhere.

There is still time for others to see this thread and join us. Hopefully at least Ruark and JMorris can make it, but even if it is just us three it will still be a great breakfast. My daughter really likes coming with me when she can to Rudy's to see everyone. This will be a nice surprise for her as long as she's not spying on me here.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Sure, put me down for it. Just to be sure we're all on the same page, we're all going to open carry?
-Ruark

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Ruark wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:39 am Sure, put me down for it. Just to be sure we're all on the same page, we're all going to open carry?
I am. My daughter cannot yet due to age. And since I'll be on the bike it'll be in my shoulder rig.

jmorris
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jmorris »

Is this the original date cause I had a conflict originally. None for this date so I'll try to make it.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

jmorris wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:58 pm Is this the original date cause I had a conflict originally. None for this date so I'll try to make it.
Yup, original date. 11.13.21, Saturday morning 0900.

We will be riding or driving down on Thursday, the 11th. Riding the Twisted Sisters on Friday and going home on Sunday.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

All sounds good, I just didn't want to be the only one open carrying. Lots of liberal urban yuppies in that area....
-Ruark

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Ruark wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:01 am All sounds good, I just didn't want to be the only one open carrying. Lots of liberal urban yuppies in that area....
I figured, but have there been any issues with that? Maybe things in the local news that we wouldn't hear about up here? Some soccer mom uncomfortable with open carrier and forces business to put up signs or anything like that?

Return to “Off-Topic”