Cornyn is at it Again

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Cornyn is at it Again

Post by RoyGBiv »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:36 am SNIP:
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:37 pm
Good luck finding a spoiled American willing to spend the entire day putting shingles on a hot roof, mowing yards all day for 5 bucks a yard in pay, laying bricks, building fences or doing any number of other labor intensive jobs like picking fruits and vegetables in the heat all day.
And therein lies the problem. That "five bucks a day". A non-stop flow of illegal alien labor causes non-stop wage depression. These companies won't hire actual Americans to do that work because they'd have to pay those workers more. And, only desperate people will work that hard for so little money...but those are also people who are getting money from the taxpayers via NOT paying taxes AND by claiming Child Tax Credits. The illegals win, the companies paying them dirt wages instead of real wages win, and the regular American citizen loses. That's NOT the free market at work, that's a rigged market at work, rigged against blue-collar Americans. The elites don't like the "old peasants", who complain too much. The elites want new peasants who work for lower wages, live in squalor, and never complain.
Well said Sir.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Good luck finding a spoiled American willing to spend the entire day putting shingles on a hot roof, mowing yards all day for 5 bucks a yard in pay, laying bricks, building fences or doing any number of other labor intensive jobs like picking fruits and vegetables in the heat all day.
And therein lies the problem. That "five bucks a day". A non-stop flow of illegal alien labor causes non-stop wage depression. These companies won't hire actual Americans to do that work because they'd have to pay those workers more. And, only desperate people will work that hard for so little money...but those are also people who are getting money from the taxpayers via NOT paying taxes AND by claiming Child Tax Credits. The illegals win, the companies paying them dirt wages instead of real wages win, and the regular American citizen loses. That's NOT the free market at work, that's a rigged market at work, rigged against blue-collar Americans. The elites don't like the "old peasants", who complain too much. The elites want new peasants who work for lower wages, live in squalor, and never complain.
The issue is far more complicated than "what the "big bad" companies are willing to pay". The real issue is, WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO PAY FOR THAT END OF THE LINE PRODUCT? The other issue is that no matter how much it pays, if it is hard work, these days VERY FEW Americans would be willing to do those jobs.

I definitely agree that tax payers, real ones, not the ones who get full refunds plus every year, are footing the bill. People like me pay for it. I am in the top tax bracket and have not seen a refund in 25 years.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:56 pm
The issue is far more complicated than "what the "big bad" companies are willing to pay". The real issue is, WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO PAY FOR THAT END OF THE LINE PRODUCT? The other issue is that no matter how much it pays, if it is hard work, these days VERY FEW Americans would be willing to do those jobs.

I definitely agree that tax payers, real ones, not the ones who get full refunds plus every year, are footing the bill. People like me pay for it. I am in the top tax bracket and have not seen a refund in 25 years.
You are correct, to a point.... If we shut down the flow of illegal labor, the price we pay for things would certainly go up... Then, two things would happen, 1. We would consume less and 2. Wages would go up commensurate with the demand for that higher price product or service.

Here's the real rub..... 1. Shut down the illegal flow and 2. Put in place a SANE system for immigration.

Why don't we have an enforced seasonal farm worker visa process? Come in, get a visa that allows you to work on a farm and only on a farm.
Why don't we have a building trades or landscape services visa process?

These things are not impossible to legislate or implement... Except that too many pols benefit from NOT having these things in place.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

03Lightningrocks

While the exchange in economic benefits or negative consequences is a fun exchange to have, my belief is that the latest surge of illegal immigration is being encouraged for future voter base by the Democrats. I think they truly believe they can grant amnesty to all these people and then count on their votes to replace the voter base they are losing from other categories. Economic consequences are not their concern. Maintaining their power is the concern.

extremist
Posts in topic: 1

Post by extremist »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:25 pm While the exchange in economic benefits or negative consequences is a fun exchange to have, my belief is that the latest surge of illegal immigration is being encouraged for future voter base by the Democrats. I think they truly believe they can grant amnesty to all these people and then count on their votes to replace the voter base they are losing from other categories. Economic consequences are not their concern. Maintaining their power is the concern.
This is exactly it. 100%
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

gamboolman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gamboolman »

I wrote Senator Coryn expressing our disapproval and asking him to state his position.

Is it OK to post his response? I would think so but wanted to ask first.

Please advise.

Thanks, gamboolman....
gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:25 pm While the exchange in economic benefits or negative consequences is a fun exchange to have, my belief is that the latest surge of illegal immigration is being encouraged for future voter base by the Democrats. I think they truly believe they can grant amnesty to all these people and then count on their votes to replace the voter base they are losing from other categories. Economic consequences are not their concern. Maintaining their power is the concern.
I believe that all goes hand-in-hand. Like I said, the left wants a new peasantry.

03Lightningrocks

gamboolman wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:35 pm I wrote Senator Coryn expressing our disapproval and asking him to state his position.

Is it OK to post his response? I would think so but wanted to ask first.

Please advise.

Thanks, gamboolman....
Why would it not be OK to post his response? I say...post it.

Return to “Off-Topic”