House GOP Pledges Investigation Of DoJ With November Win After FBI Raids Trump's Mar-A-Lago

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 11

Re: House GOP Pledges Investigation Of DoJ With November Win After FBI Raids Trump's Mar-A-Lago

Post by powerboatr »

i watched a video interview a while back about the primary elections. he said the primaries are designed to make people feel like their vote is actually counted, and that the delegates choose the person running based on "their" vote, not the actual primary votes cast by the people. it gave me the chills at how candid he was. he had been a party delegate for a long time IIRC 20 plus years

he then eluded to the same practice on the federal level after the general election. he stated the electoral college delegates don't have to vote for who won the most votes in that state, that they can vote amongst themselves to pick the winner for the state. we saw this 1st hand at 2020 election.
with the confusion and constant vote changes and sec of state issues clouding the process.

i just think it past time that the republicans start playing my dem rules and be a royal pita every time congress convenes, just like the nut in houston (al green) that stood up everyday and demanded trump be impeached. they should do it on pelosis, garland, wray etc
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 16

Re: House GOP Pledges Investigation Of DoJ With November Win After FBI Raids Trump's Mar-A-Lago

Post by Paladin »

Saw this today and couldn't help but laugh out loud:
After the murders of Sam and Vicki Weaver, and several dozens of children in a church in Texas and a daycare in Oklahoma City, I’m shocked, yes shocked that the FBI would conduct a political raid on a former president!
link
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

"My family brought me to the USA from Cuba when I was nine years old, but now the rule of law has eroded here and the USA is turning into Cuba and the rest of Latin America!" declared Ed Vidal, a Cuban-American lawyer, political activist, and Vice Chairman of the Election Integrity Subcommittee of the Republican Executive Committee of Miami-Dade County.
Miami Cuban, Hispanic Community Erupts In Rage Over FBI Raid On Trump Home As Dark Memories Return

I have heard similar from the Vietnamese community... this is the same as when the communists took over Vietnam.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RottenApple »

powerboatr wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:27 amits very disconcerting that the DOJ goes after trump for some documents, but left hillary swinging free for same thing and hidden servers to skirt mandates
its beyond one sided in the DOJ, and they wonder why Americans do not trust DOJ,
Agreed. I even commented to my wife last night that I hope, if found guilty, he receives the exact same punishment that Hillary did. Her response: "Nothing?" My reply: "Exactly."

srothstein
Posts in topic: 3

Post by srothstein »

powerboatr wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:18 pm i watched a video interview a while back about the primary elections. he said the primaries are designed to make people feel like their vote is actually counted, and that the delegates choose the person running based on "their" vote, not the actual primary votes cast by the people. it gave me the chills at how candid he was. he had been a party delegate for a long time IIRC 20 plus years
I thought everyone was aware of this and I truly see nothing wrong with it. Primaries are not public voting, but are the method the party uses to select its candidate. They are run according to party rules. Both major parties have the convention rules set up with "super-delegates" whose votes count more at the time of nomination than the regular delegates representing the voting districts. The super-delegates are all party ruling class and control the nomination.

The reason I see nothing wrong with this is that it is all stated in the party rules and published in advance. If you don't like the way they rig the primary, don't join the party.
he then eluded to the same practice on the federal level after the general election. he stated the electoral college delegates don't have to vote for who won the most votes in that state, that they can vote amongst themselves to pick the winner for the state. we saw this 1st hand at 2020 election.
with the confusion and constant vote changes and sec of state issues clouding the process.
This is not 100% accurate. Under the Constitution, there is nothing that forces the electors to vote the way the state did. But each state has their own laws on this. Some states do make it a crime to not vote the way the people did, others do not. Most states (well, 48 of them) have laws saying whoever won the popular vote gets all of the state's electoral votes. The remaining states (Maine and Nebraska) actually split their electoral votes with each congressional district being legally bound to how the popular vote went in that district and the two electors for the whole state going to whoever won the state wide popular vote.
Steve Rothstein

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Whether the raid was just notwithstanding, there is a blatant pattern of hypocrisy and predilection towards selective enforcement, political in nature, that has to be brought to light.
That is what frustrates average American more than that the raid was against Trump. It is that there is an overt bias towards the enforcement of the “law”.
Justice is supposed to be blind, after all.
That said, Trump does have a track record of directly and indirectly lifting the proverbial DC kimono up, so we will see…

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

They would not give her the search warrant
By not turning off the security cameras, Eric said they saw the FBI raiding areas of the property that they 'shouldn't have been.'
"The FBI and others from the Federal Government would not let anyone, including my lawyers, be anywhere near the areas that were rummaged and otherwise looked at during the raid on Mar-a-Lago," he wrote. "Everyone was asked to leave the premises, they wanted to be left alone, without any witnesses to see what they were doing, taking or, hopefully not, 'planting,'" he added.
From the sounds of it, even if the FBI found anything it might be tossed out.

‘Seems Political’: Andrew Cuomo, Andrew Yang React to FBI Raid on Trump’s Home

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

srothstein wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:54 pm
powerboatr wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:18 pm i watched a video interview a while back about the primary elections. he said the primaries are designed to make people feel like their vote is actually counted, and that the delegates choose the person running based on "their" vote, not the actual primary votes cast by the people. it gave me the chills at how candid he was. he had been a party delegate for a long time IIRC 20 plus years
I thought everyone was aware of this and I truly see nothing wrong with it. Primaries are not public voting, but are the method the party uses to select its candidate. They are run according to party rules. Both major parties have the convention rules set up with "super-delegates" whose votes count more at the time of nomination than the regular delegates representing the voting districts. The super-delegates are all party ruling class and control the nomination.

The reason I see nothing wrong with this is that it is all stated in the party rules and published in advance. If you don't like the way they rig the primary, don't join the party.
This is not 100% accurate. Under the Constitution, there is nothing that forces the electors to vote the way the state did. But each state has their own laws on this. Some states do make it a crime to not vote the way the people did, others do not. Most states (well, 48 of them) have laws saying whoever won the popular vote gets all of the state's electoral votes. The remaining states (Maine and Nebraska) actually split their electoral votes with each congressional district being legally bound to how the popular vote went in that district and the two electors for the whole state going to whoever won the state wide popular vote.
agreed i was being short typed , you are correct i was trying to to be brief as it were, yep states have laws on who what and how. some even change the rules after the fact or allow SOS to make things up as they go. as in 2020. especially GA with all the daming video on the official ga senate record.

its very very disheartening with all the things that happened and it seems like its "tough crap" move on, we will do what we want...
:biggrinjester:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Garland Says He 'Personally Approved' Trump Search Warrant
Sen. Rand Paul and other conservatives have called for an investigation.

"And if it warrants it, there’s going to have to be a look at whether or not the attorney general has misused his office for political purposes. Have they gone after a political opponent? I mean, this is beyond the pale," he told Fox News on Wednesday. "No one would have ever imagined before that we would be using or one political party would be using the FBI to attack their political opponents."

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

CNN and newsmax reported this morning is a 30 second report stated that secret service at mar a lago were notified the day before that the fbi was coming to raid and facilitated entry

what does this say about the secret service? If they knew the day before, why didnt they insist if the raid was happening, that it be done in daylight ?
or why did they allow fbi to take things that are unrelated to presidency as "reported "they took rings of melanias that were her grandmothers??
how does trump now feel about his protection detail if they basically rolled over and allowed "assault" of his property?
what happens when the fbi leaks private items that are unrelated to archives???????

should trump demand secret service be removed and have no access to his property except to live outside its property boundaries. and then hire private security? or can that be done.
we know clintons charge secret service a ton of money to be on the property in ny and even pay for a house they rent on site?

seems very strange the protectors turned a blind eye to the protectee imo

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

powerboatr wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:50 am CNN and newsmax reported this morning is a 30 second report stated that secret service at mar a lago were notified the day before that the fbi was coming to raid and facilitated entry

what does this say about the secret service? If they knew the day before, why didnt they insist if the raid was happening, that it be done in daylight ?
or why did they allow fbi to take things that are unrelated to presidency as "reported "they took rings of melanias that were her grandmothers??
how does trump now feel about his protection detail if they basically rolled over and allowed "assault" of his property?
what happens when the fbi leaks private items that are unrelated to archives???????

should trump demand secret service be removed and have no access to his property except to live outside its property boundaries. and then hire private security? or can that be done.
we know clintons charge secret service a ton of money to be on the property in ny and even pay for a house they rent on site?

Might have been obstruction if the SS intervened. Not sure if they legally could prevent the raid (or inform).

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

parabelum wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:06 am
powerboatr wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:50 am CNN and newsmax reported this morning is a 30 second report stated that secret service at mar a lago were notified the day before that the fbi was coming to raid and facilitated entry

Might have been obstruction if the SS intervened. Not sure if they legally could prevent the raid (or inform).
very shady imo, don't care who is being searched. why didnt they insist they come that day, vice early morning which was for tv . lights flashing etc
now they say an "informant" inside??
secret service has in past denied actions in part on many presidents. they should have under some presidential protection rule , stopped the raid until all agents were properly vetted. who is to say the agents were trustworthy based on past behavior of the agency .

just so tired of one side gets pass and one side gets attacked. look at the irs during the obama years.
anyway its the weekend and 3pm we shall see the warrant etc??

oohrah
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oohrah »

"If you're whining about the FBI investigating you, you're a loser" - Trump 2016.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Return to “Off-Topic”