Lakewood Church

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Rafe
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Lakewood Church

Post by Rafe »

Paladin wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:39 am I'm guessing Houston's Soros DA has a hand in Lakewood Church shooting. Keeping the shooter out of prison or keeping their criminal record clean so that the shooter could purchase a firearm. Maybe both.
And luckily for Harris County, there are currently only two front-runners for the upcoming DA election, and they're both bluer-than-blue dimocrats: Incumbent Kim Ogg and challenger Sean Teare. :banghead:

In fact, Teare is spending a ton on TV ads, so that money is no doubt coming from a source like Soros. And two of his major hit-points against Ogg is that she once brought in an attorney to investigate other dimocrats (What?! How dare she?!) and the attorney had once done work for Republicans (OMG! Even worse!). Not only that, Teare is quoting Ogg when she once said that she would "selectively prosecute [Gov] Abbott's extreme abortion law on a case-by-case basis"...the inference being, I assume, that Teare, in a DA's role, can somehow choose to never enforce any particular state law that he feels is counter to his ideological agenda. That's like when Sheila Jackson Lee tried to for Houston Mayor on an anti-gun platform. Sorry, Sheila, a city mayor can't reverse the 2nd amendment, the Texas state Constitution, and state preemptory laws. Idiot.

Dan Simons is the only Republican candidate. Good luck finding out a lot about him: https://ballotpedia.org/Dan_Simons. I can't link to one website (because of some of the language) that provided some info about him as of two days ago, so I'll just quote a part of it:
Dan is the Republican nominee for Harris County District Attorney. He is an attorney and a man of the people posing with his convertible Porsche on his website. According to his website he specializes in DWI cases. He ran for judge in 2018 and lost. He ran for judge in 2022, lost, then filed suit. That suit was dismissed.

While the Democratic candidates competing in the primary have raised millions in donations, Simons has raised $15,000 of which $15,000 came from his own pocket. I’m wondering if even Mattress Mac would come to his rescue in the general election.
Simons is running unopposed for the Republican nomination, so the odds of Harris County getting a law-first--or even law-abiding--DA come 2025 is slim to none.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Paladin
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Paladin »

Video of the incident. WARNING GRAPHIC:

There were some brave officers and some not so brave officers. After hearing the initial news reports, what surprised me most was how long the fight lasted.

I've had military commanders tell me that not everyone has what it takes to run to the sound of gunfire, and this video shows that clearly.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Looks like it took the HPD officers working security there just over 3 minutes to stop the threat.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dramatic-bod ... st-with-us

This body cam video is about 6 minutes long. Not all of it is of the shooting but most is. Sounds like lots of rounds going off.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Authorities release evidence found in shooter's home during search

Genesse Moreno have soft armor vests at home. Warrant suggests she brought Det cord and an attempt at homemade explosives to Lakewood.

The video makes a little more sense if Moreno was wearing armor... as one plainclothes LEO used about 2 magazines worth of ammo.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Paladin wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:20 pm Video of the incident. WARNING GRAPHIC:

There were some brave officers and some not so brave officers. After hearing the initial news reports, what surprised me most was how long the fight lasted.

I've had military commanders tell me that not everyone has what it takes to run to the sound of gunfire, and this video shows that clearly.
:iagree:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Paladin wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:39 pm Authorities release evidence found in shooter's home during search

Genesse Moreno have soft armor vests at home. Warrant suggests she brought Det cord and an attempt at homemade explosives to Lakewood.

The video makes a little more sense if Moreno was wearing armor... as one plainclothes LEO used about 2 magazines worth of ammo.
I’d be curious as to how she obtained det cord.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Rafe
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Rafe »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:13 am
Paladin wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:39 pm Authorities release evidence found in shooter's home during search

I’d be curious as to how she obtained det cord.
If you ever decide to watch MSNBC for very long, you'll come away believing that fully-automatic weapons are easily and plentifully available for just a few hundred dollars via the "gun show loophole," and probably that Det cord and C-4 can be purchased by MAGA Republicans at their neighborhood Dick's Sporting Goods.
:banghead:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

breakdown of the response at Lakewood Church. WARNING GRAPHIC:

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Thanks for sharing. I remember when I watched the videos asking myself where was that cop when she was fiddling and unarmed. And who was the man wandering around unarmed with the plain clothes LEO.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

More analysis:

Return to “Off-Topic”