Turks and Caicos- don’t visit with 2 bullets in the bottom of your luggage

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Turks and Caicos- don’t visit with 2 bullets in the bottom of your luggage

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ggage.html

Wife has now only been released. Husband now faces 12 years in prison. I guess taking pointers from North Korea.

Now off my vacation travel destinations.

Maybe if Trump is elected they will release him.
Last edited by philip964 on Wed May 01, 2024 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mayor
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Turks and Caicos- don’t visit with 4 bullets in the bottom of your luggage

Post by mayor »

I don't go anywhere that requires a passport - I don't even have one. And I can travel to the in-laws home in Iowa through reciprocity states all the way up. I didn't leave anything worth going back for anywhere. So, no.

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

I put myself in a similar situation on several domestic flights, using carry-on luggage that I had previously taken to the deer lease and not thoroughly checked/cleaned. Turns out there was one loose .22 cartridge rolling around in the bottom. The following week I took that carry-on through security at IAH (outbound), and ATL (return), and IAH again (outbound). The friendly TSA folks in AMA noticed it on my homeward flight. They kept it, smiled, and wished me a nice day. God bless Texas, especially West Texas.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

philip964 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:26 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ggage.html

Wife has now only been released. Husband now faces 12 years in prison. I guess taking pointers from North Korea.

If we had a serious government that cared about it's citizens, there would be a call made from the State Dept to the leader of T&C, or the Irish Embassy which is responsible for T&C, telling them to let the guy go or the next time they need aid or assistance it's too bad.

Or, perhaps the guy needs to claim he identifies as a woman so his government will help him.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

mayor wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:54 pm I don't go anywhere that requires a passport - I don't even have one. And I can travel to the in-laws home in Iowa through reciprocity states all the way up. I didn't leave anything worth going back for anywhere. So, no.
Eh... probably wouldn't go as far as saying a passport is not needed. It really helped me when I had to renew my drivers license with the upgraded verification that they are doing. Couldn't renew online and had to go into the DPS office. Took 2 or 3 months and a couple of visits to get it straitened out. Finally found my old (fortunately not expired) passport and was able to use that for my verification. PITA.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/drive ... quirements

Valid, unexpired U.S. passport book or U.S. passport card

Back to original subject. I haven't been to Mexico in years but have family along the border that like to cross to get some things. I refused to take my vehicle and the one time I did go where I was staying a couple of days just across the border, I checked my bag multiple times for contraband i.e. pocket knives, firearms, and bullet casings. At one of my former jobs, my boss had a relative fishing on Falcon Lake and strayed over to the Mexican side. They found loose ammo on his boat and he got arrested.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I used to go on a Missionary trip to Mexico twice a year. While there I would buy all of my diabetic medicine for a year. My wife and I would have a great time shopping and visiting in Nuevo Laredo. The Missionary I stayed with in Laredo, Texas would drill me all the way to the border to please make sure my guns were locked up at his place and double check to make sure I had no ammo on me. He was literally scared to death of getting caught with me armed in Mexico. Well I don’t want to go to Mexico prison either so I was okay with double checking. The very last year we went before the cartels had taken over while at the pharmacy in Nuevo Laredo my wife found a loose 9mm round in the bottom of her purse. I assumed it had fallen out of her spare mag into the bottom of her purse. I had never been so scared in my life. We were very fortunate no one seen it and I was able to ditch it in a trash can on the sidewalk. We immediately headed for the border. I never took my eyes off that huge American flag at the bridge.

I believe there are two American men there. I pray these men can get home with their families.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

He's just the latest.

"Since November 2022, eight firearms and ammunition prosecutions in total have been brought involving tourists from the United States, three of which are currently before the court with each of the defendants on bail."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/turks-and- ... -tourists/
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Grayling813 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:01 pm
philip964 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:26 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ggage.html

If we had a serious government that cared about it's citizens, there would be a call made from the State Dept to the leader of T&C, or the Irish Embassy which is responsible for T&C, telling them to let the guy go or the next time they need aid or assistance it's too bad.

Or, perhaps the guy needs to claim he identifies as a woman so his government will help him.
Our current government leader won't do anything about it because it's a weapon/ammo charge and he is so against guns it would look bad
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Turks and Caicos- don’t visit with 2 bullets in the bottom of your luggage

Post by philip964 »

https://apple.news/AWejaEi0KT_C8J6pF5vcEOA

3 Americans have been charged with possession of Ammunition crimes. The minimum sentence is 12 years.

Had to use shoes for a pillow in jail.

Think their families will vote for Brandon.

One guy had only two 9mm cartridges.

Return to “Off-Topic”