Houston People Centerpoint Gas Bills

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
nedmoore
Posts in topic: 1

Houston People Centerpoint Gas Bills

Post by nedmoore »

We have had two over inflated natural gas bills for the past two out three months this year to date. Last month our gas bill went from $180.00 to almost $400.00 and it was warmer than the previous month! Both times I called centerpoint and they sent someone to reread the meter, and then sent us a new bill that seemed to be normal. This has also happened to both my and my wife's parents as well. I am sure that people who have automatic drafts from their checking account never even notice the difference. This seems to occurring at an alarmingly high rate.

KC5AV

Re: Houston People Centerpoint Gas Bills

Post by KC5AV »

If they do it the same way the electric company does (some of them, anyway), they estimate your usage. They don't necessarily come by to read your meter every month. If they estimate high, they just figure it will work itself out a few months down the road.
NRA lifetime member

dave_in_austin

Post by dave_in_austin »

It seems to me that this would constitute fraud. The claim that it will all come out even in the end is not valid as rates charged for the product vary and are generally higher in the winter months. As your experience shows that this is happening on a regular basis, it might be wise to report this to the attorney general's office. It might be happening to thousands of customers and could be an intentional strategy by the gas supplier.

WarHawk-AVG

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

Actually a report to the PUC "Public Utilities Comission"

Just the mention of the name usually makes people in high up places jump thru hoops

Unless yours is a municipality run deal
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

Return to “Off-Topic”