ANTHONY KENNEDY IS RETIRING!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RicoTX
Posts in topic: 7

Re: ANTHONY KENNEDY IS RETIRING!

Post by RicoTX »

I guess the question is if there is no delay... how would they vote?
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 41

Post by mojo84 »

WTR wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:18 pm
Pawpaw wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:14 pm
bblhd672 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:54 pm Flake flakes out at last minute. Big surprise. How could there be an FBI investigation of something with no evidence?

Delay, delay, delay, all the way till November 6.
He did?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/28/politics ... index.html

11-10 approved.
Kavanaugh was not approved. The vote was to refer the nomination to the Senate floor. Flake hedged by saying he would vote to refer it but if there was not an FBI investigation, he would vote to not approve Kavanaugh when the vote comes before the full senate.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

My question is, are they talking about a 1 week delay for the FBI to investigate starting today or starting when the vote is supposed to happen on Tuesday?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 57

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

mojo84 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:50 pm My question is, are they talking about a 1 week delay for the FBI to investigate starting today or starting when the vote is supposed to happen on Tuesday?
I was curious about this as well. My other concern is that the FBI conducting any "investigation" in less than a week sounds like fantasy.

RicoTX
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RicoTX »

The FBI investigation will simply be the same statements the Senate already has... nothing will change but it gives him cover I guess.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

RicoTX wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:56 pm The FBI investigation will simply be the same statements the Senate already has... nothing will change but it gives him cover I guess.
What if other women come out of the woodwork with unsubstantiated and uncorroborated accusations? Does that trigger another FBI investigation? Flake himself said limited in time and scope to the current allegations.

There is no telling what all "evidence" and "accusations" the dems can manufacture in a week.
Last edited by mojo84 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

03Lightningrocks

Not just that but what scope is the "investigation" to take? Investigate just the "Ford" accusations or investigate all the accusations, even the ridiculous ones.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:06 pm Not just that but what scope is the "investigation" to take? Investigate just the "Ford" accusations or investigate all the accusations, even the ridiculous ones.
I was typing an edit at the same time you were typing. I have the same concern as you about scope.

jason812
Posts in topic: 11

Post by jason812 »

mojo84 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:03 pm
There is no telling what all "evidence" and "accusations" the dems can manufacture in a week.
They already have them made up. Just waiting to let us know about them.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Flightmare »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:52 pm
mojo84 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:50 pm My question is, are they talking about a 1 week delay for the FBI to investigate starting today or starting when the vote is supposed to happen on Tuesday?
I was curious about this as well. My other concern is that the FBI conducting any "investigation" in less than a week sounds like fantasy.
Why do you say that? They cleared Hillary in about that much time. :biggrinjester:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

03Lightningrocks

HaHaHa...

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 16

Post by RoyGBiv »

What's the over / under on the number of new accusations between now and when the FBI is done?

I'm going with 4.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 9

Post by ScottDLS »

RicoTX wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:28 am
bblhd672 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:13 am
PriestTheRunner wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:36 am I watched the hearings in full yesterday while working.

My summation:

Yes, There was an attempted rape against Dr. Ford.
I believe she was drugged that night (one beer) and that accounts for her failing to remember how she got there, how she got home, where it was at, when it was at, WHAT YEAR IT WAS (Seriously???), and who was involved.
I do not believe that Kavanaugh is a choir boy but what else does anyone expect him to say other than I didn't do it?
And the focus on his yearbook was disgraceful.

And considering every one of the alleged 'witnesses' whose names SHE brought to the table says it didn't happen, I'm inclined to believe them.
You believe that there was an attempted rape, yet there is no evidence, no collaborating testimony, no proof that the incident ever occurred? You should be appalled that this man's good name has been dragged through the mud based upon nothing more than a supposed repressed memory.
I sincerely hope that your good name is never besmirched by a deranged woman with a grudge who has no proof that you did anything other than her word and a gang of people who are willing to blindly support her accusations against you.
I took his comment to mean that while something may have happened to her, it had nothing to do with Kavanaugh.

I assume the FBI will now question Dr Ford and heaven forbid she get a detail wrong about anything, even if it has nothing to do with the investigation. Then I'm sure they'll be charging her with a Felony a la Flynn...right? I mean that's why we're having the delay, right to see if we can charge her with perjury. Flawed memory or PTSD is no excuse. I assume if the Feds think she's lying they'll hand it over to the US Attorney for prosecution, right? On the other hand they have no jurisdiction over sex crimes in Maryland from 1982, so I assume they'll be passing that off to the Montgomery County (MD) DA. Of course, we're not even sure he has jurisdiction, since the crime can't be credibly placed in time or in the County.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

Do you think Dr. Ford’s attorney will even allow her to meet with the FBI?

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:50 pm Do you think Dr. Ford’s attorney will even allow her to meet with the FBI?
They are already hedging and trying to throw up roadblocks by stipulating terms of how the investigation must be handled. This is going to get uglier.

Return to “Off-Topic”