Navy UFO Patents

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Navy UFO Patents

Post by philip964 »

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Navy UFO Patents

Post by Paladin »

I saw that. Pretty wild. Dr. Pais work[ed] at Pax River... one of the places you would expect advanced aerospace technologies to be developed.
Last edited by Paladin on Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I find this very strange. A patent has to disclose detailed information on the invention.
it seems that it would be a better strategy to keep this information classified
rather than filing a patent, which becomes public information. :headscratch
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

WildBill wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:12 am I find this very strange. A patent has to disclose detailed information on the invention.
I also thought that as well.

It also could be a counter intelligence move to have our enemies waste resources on dead end streets. It could also be a way to scare our enemies into thinking our capabilities are so much more advanced than theirs. Or a lure to trap spies.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:17 am
WildBill wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:12 am I find this very strange. A patent has to disclose detailed information on the invention.

It also could be a counter intelligence move to have our enemies waste resources on dead end streets. It could also be a way to scare our enemies into thinking our capabilities are so much more advanced than theirs.
That is a very likely scenario, a strategy that has been used before.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Paladin wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:22 am

It also could be a counter intelligence move to have our enemies waste resources on dead end streets. It could also be a way to scare our enemies into thinking our capabilities are so much more advanced than theirs.
I had not considered that. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

WildBill wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:25 am

During the Cold War the CIA made sure to leak all the dead end "Star Wars" technology... so the Soviets would waste resources following up on all the dead ends... while concealing what did work.

I don't know that that's the case here, but its fascinating reading

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I have a hint on how you can tell they are lying. They mention the patent includes a combined underwater and aerospace craft. They cannot possibly be patenting that. I watched the flying sub leave the Seaview on TV in the mid 60's, so we must have already had that technology. After all, if we did not, it means Hollywood lied to us and I just cannot believe that.
Steve Rothstein

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ELB »

When I was in the USAF I always thought that if someone put me in charge of keeping all the secret stuff at Nellis/Area 51/Dreamland secret, I would have a little fabrication shop that would build "interesting" looking aircraft/UFO-looking things, and "accidently" leave them parked on the ramp an hour before sunrise, occasionally leave the hanger door open, have them trucked on flatbed through nearby town and the tarp"accidently" blows off. Also turn a few of them into drones dressed up with some lights and let them be seen along the perimeters where the UFOlogists hang out. When people are looking for something they believe is there, they will keep looking until they find something. So give them something to look at.
USAF 1982-2005

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

ELB wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:22 pm

When I was in the USAF I always thought that if someone put me in charge of keeping all the secret stuff at Nellis/Area 51/Dreamland secret, I would have a little fabrication shop that would build "interesting" looking aircraft/UFO-looking things, and "accidently" leave them parked on the ramp an hour before sunrise, occasionally leave the hanger door open, have them trucked on flatbed through nearby town and the tarp"accidently" blows off. Also turn a few of them into drones dressed up with some lights and let them be seen along the perimeters where the UFOlogists hang out. When people are looking for something they believe is there, they will keep looking until they find something. So give them something to look at.
Ditto from a sailor,
it amazes me what people think they see with just a little prompting. but them again at how little they pay attention to something that just stands there looking at them in plain sight, no fanfare or anything.
:biggrinjester:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

powerboatr wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:39 pm
ELB wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:22 pm When I was in the USAF I always thought that if someone put me in charge of keeping all the secret stuff at Nellis/Area 51/Dreamland secret, I would have a little fabrication shop that would build "interesting" looking aircraft/UFO-looking things, and "accidently" leave them parked on the ramp an hour before sunrise, occasionally leave the hanger door open, have them trucked on flatbed through nearby town and the tarp"accidently" blows off. Also turn a few of them into drones dressed up with some lights and let them be seen along the perimeters where the UFOlogists hang out. When people are looking for something they believe is there, they will keep looking until they find something. So give them something to look at.
Ditto from a sailor,
it amazes me what people think they see with just a little prompting. but them again at how little they pay attention to something that just stands there looking at them in plain sight, no fanfare or anything.
As a cop, I always said the best disguise for robbing a bank was a police uniform. Walk in in uniform, stand in line properly, make polite chit-chat with the others in line, when it is your turn at the teller, rob them. No fuss no noise.

People will see the uniform and never see the person wearing it.
Steve Rothstein

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

srothstein wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:12 pm
powerboatr wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:39 pm
ELB wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:22 pm When I was in the USAF I always thought that if someone put me in charge of keeping all the secret stuff at Nellis/Area 51/Dreamland secret, I would have a little fabrication shop that would build "interesting" looking aircraft/UFO-looking things, and "accidently" leave them parked on the ramp an hour before sunrise, occasionally leave the hanger door open, have them trucked on flatbed through nearby town and the tarp"accidently" blows off. Also turn a few of them into drones dressed up with some lights and let them be seen along the perimeters where the UFOlogists hang out. When people are looking for something they believe is there, they will keep looking until they find something. So give them something to look at.
Ditto from a sailor,
As a cop, I always said the best disguise for robbing a bank was a police uniform. Walk in in uniform, stand in line properly, make polite chit-chat with the others in line, when it is your turn at the teller, rob them. No fuss no noise.

People will see the uniform and never see the person wearing it.
**Especially** during these current times...wearing a mask...easy peasy...not that I want a retirement plan in the gray bar hotel... :biggrinjester:

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

This reminds me of the Air Force (?) HARP Project, been awhile since I read about that but seems to me it was more costly than the value of the results?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “Off-Topic”