Rush is gone

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Rush is gone

Post by philip964 »

Rush Limbaugh, conservative talk radio pioneer, dead at 70

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-limb ... ative-icon

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

I will miss him.

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rush is gone

Post by Syntyr »

Huge loss. The man was a titan. He taught me a lot. Never apologize for who you are and always believe in something.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

Knew this day was coming, but still hoped for a miracle.

Rush opened my eyes to so many things. A giant voice for conservatism and America. He will be greatly missed.

God bless you Rush.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

:txflag: :patriot:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Back in the 80’s and early 90’s I lived in Rush’s home town. His brother David was a friend and I used to eat lunch with Rush and David periodically. This was when he was just syndicated radio and just starting to move toward television. He was more meek in person than when doing his show at that time. But he was defiantly a far right conservative.

RIP sir and thanks for your contributions :tiphat: :patriot:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

The Indispensable Man
Rush Limbaugh, 1951-2021
https://www.steynonline.com/11078/the-indispensable-man

I join with others who say, it is likely without Rush's voice that I would not be a deplorable.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I heard the announcement on his radio program today. Been depressed ever since. He has been the voice for us patriots for decades, and while there are others out there, he will never be replaced. RIP Rush. Mega Dittos. Prayers for his family, and friends.

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :angel:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

tarbe

Post by tarbe »

Thank God we had Rush for as long as we did.

A true gift, he was (and still is).

RIP brother.
Semper Fi!

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Rush showed me how to recognize and oppose the enemies, foreign and domestic, of the Constitution I swore to support and defend. That oath endures and Rush's influence endures.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

His show today is about him, no politics.

Middle initial was H. Was a Trey.

Rush Hudson Limbaugh III

Never knew. Assumed Rush was maybe a nickname.

11:00 am for me will never be the same again.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

When I first heard of Rush Limbaugh, it wasn’t because I was listening to talk radio at the time. It was because my hard leftist mother was listening to him, which she confessed to me once that she did so daily. When I asked her who he was, she seemed surprised that I didn’t know since she knew that I was a right of center sort of guy, and told me that he was this "right-wing extremist whack job" who made her mad as hell. I asked her, if he makes you so mad, why do you listen to him? She replied that she did so because, "if there’s a snake in your house, you had better know where he is."

I shook my head at that. I have successfully avoided listening to Rachel Maddow, Keith Olberman, and nut burgers like them, exactly because life’s too short to dance with ugly women.

But El Rushbo was no ugly woman. He was hilarious. I didn’t always agree with him 100% of the time.....although I usually did.....but I always thought he was bright, funny, insightful, and brave. Why brave? Because, in a land of an overwhelmingly leftist Democrat Steno Pool (AKA “the media”), he didn’t give a hoot if you disagreed with him, and he wasn’t afraid to tangle with people who buy ink by the barrel. He knew he was faithful to his conscience and could look himself in the mirror every morning without flinching, and I admired that.

He was a mensch.

RIP, Rush. Go with God.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I heard his Widow's statement at the beginning of his show announcing his passing. I was on my way to work.

He was funny, insightful, and brave. He gave so many of us the words to be able to push back against the insanity and unreasonableness of the progressive liberal. I listened to him back in the 90's and then didn't for a while for whatever reason. I was reacquainted with him again around 10-15 years ago when I found out my dad listened to him and subscribed to him. He listened to his podcasts and would find old shows on his website and listen to those whenever he wanted.

My dad passed almost three years ago. I revel at the thought that my dad can finally meet Rush and run some of his thoughts by him. AFAIK he never did try and call into his show or e-mail him. I always thought my dad was a brilliant man and they would get along.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Off-Topic”