Who didn’t lose power?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Who didn’t lose power?

Post by Tex1961 »

With so many in Texas that either lost power for days or just experienced rolling blackouts, who here didn’t experience any of that. We’re in Plano, just across the road from Frisco and have CoServe as our provider. We never had a single issue with losing electric or gas.

Ed4032
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Who didn’t lose power?

Post by Ed4032 »

We did not lose our electricity either. Couple of miles south of 121. One house across the street and one behind us had broken pipes even though they had electricity.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

We lost power a total of 1.5 hours.
Charlie

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

We maintained electricity, but most on our street did not. Perhaps because I'm a few houses from a commercial district and a church?

Even with electric and heat, several pipes froze. That was with working to keep them from freezing...running water... opening cabinets...using heat pads on the pipes...Piping is all PEX, which survived the ordeal.

The parents stayed for a few nights as their home situation was not so good.

Just want to send a shout out to the LORD for his blessings on this one.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Our street never lost power, but neighborhoods all around us did here in SW Fort Worth suburb. We're not on grid shared with a hospital, fire or police station so not sure how we were spared. Very thankful.
Ron
NRA Member

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I never lost power, I am in Friendswood with Texas New Mexico and all my power is underground. I kind of wonder why I never lost power, some people speculate if there are important users on the same area then power will stay on. I have a fire station in my neighborhood but other than that nothing important I can think of.

philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Post by philip964 »

I’m in Houston. Lost power for two days at the office.

But the house. Lost nothing had power cable internet and cell serviice.

Am I happy? Not at all.

The Republican administration under Greg Abbott decided I needed to conserve electricity. So the PUC ordered ERCOT to raise electricity prices at 1:00 am Monday morning from the market rate of $1.25 per KWh at the time to $9.00 per KWh.

Friday morning PUC determined conservative was no longer required and removed its artificial rate and the market settled almost immediately at 2 cents per KWh.

I spent the entire time removing unused chargers from wall sockets, turning lights on only for the brief second I needed them.
Adjusting thermostats, closing vents in some rooms and dripping water.

In the end every day I had power, when others didn’t cost me a modest handgun a day.

Who got rich off me. The power providers. Same guys that caused the problem. Think you don’t have a problem, could be, but did you read all the fine print of your power contract. A friend lost power for two days, he still had a bill for over $1000 for the other days, he doesn’t really know as all the real time data has been delayed.

I may vote Democratic for the rest of my life. I may send Beto money for his next campaign.

Ted Cruz had the right idea. I could have gone to Cancun and stayed at the Ritz Carlton as his room rate was only $304 a night. A lot less than staying at my home and keeping the pipes from freezing.

I may go see AOC when she’s in Houston and ask her for some of her aid money. I may start to self identify as lighter person of color, beaten down by the big government, big corporation Republicans in power.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/poli ... at-failed/

Governors biggest doners, power companies that failed.

Mel

Post by Mel »

We never lost power. Propane tank getting VERY low. Ice maker line froze for a short time but working again now. (North Wall).

Lost internet for one day. My internet is over the air.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:30 pm I’m in Houston. Lost power for two days at the office.

But the house. Lost nothing had power cable internet and cell serviice.

Am I happy? Not at all.

The Republican administration under Greg Abbott decided I needed to conserve electricity. So the PUC ordered ERCOT to raise electricity prices at 1:00 am Monday morning from the market rate of $1.25 per KWh at the time to $9.00 per KWh.

Friday morning PUC determined conservative was no longer required and removed its artificial rate and the market settled almost immediately at 2 cents per KWh.

I spent the entire time removing unused chargers from wall sockets, turning lights on only for the brief second I needed them.
Adjusting thermostats, closing vents in some rooms and dripping water.

In the end every day I had power, when others didn’t cost me a modest handgun a day.

Who got rich off me. The power providers. Same guys that caused the problem. Think you don’t have a problem, could be, but did you read all the fine print of your power contract. A friend lost power for two days, he still had a bill for over $1000 for the other days, he doesn’t really know as all the real time data has been delayed.

I may vote Democratic for the rest of my life. I may send Beto money for his next campaign.

Ted Cruz had the right idea. I could have gone to Cancun and stayed at the Ritz Carlton as his room rate was only $304 a night. A lot less than staying at my home and keeping the pipes from freezing.

I may go see AOC when she’s in Houston and ask her for some of her aid money. I may start to self identify as lighter person of color, beaten down by the big government, big corporation Republicans in power.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/poli ... at-failed/

Governors biggest doners, power companies that failed.
Yeah, you always have to ask "Who benefits?" The people who got us into this mess should not benefit... Artificially gouging the public with artificial electric rates shouts scam.

Its rather odd that everything would fail at once while the public gets gouged:
chart.png
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Mel wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:40 pm We never lost power. Propane tank getting VERY low. Ice maker line froze for a short time but working again now. (North Wall).

Lost internet for one day. My internet is over the air.
I ordered propane Thursday Feb. 11, when my tank was at 40%. Just a little over a week and I'm at 15%.
Charlie

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

I'm usually the first to lose power, being in an older part of town, But somehow, we never did this go around.

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Never lost power, we are close to a fire station, assisted living facility and an Neighborhood ER facility, not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. However, did lose internet, on for 30 minutes, then off for about 2 hours, then repeat. That went on for about three days. Live in south Denton. The only real hardship was boiling water for 2 days, which is nothing compared to what other folks had to endure.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

We are in south Irving and we didn’t loose electric or water. I am about a mile from my church and we didn’t loose water or electric there either. I am so thankful We stayed up and running. I am on an oxygen concentrator and only have three bottles of oxygen.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Never lost water and did not get a boil water notification.

Electricity was off 6-8 hours and on 1-1.5 hours for three days. Then Tuesday it went to about 4 on 4 off for 1-1.5 days. It's been on since Wednesday when I got home from work.

My daughter, about 3 miles north of us only lost power for about 1-1.5 hours on Tuesday and never lost water.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Copperas Cove in Coryell County about 21 miles west of I-35 and Belton. Would not even classify it as an outage, had a momentary interruption on Sunday night that caused the computer to restart and knocked a couple of clocks off-line. Also, never lost water. Must have good karma. Just got back from checking out the ranch house about 40 miles NW near US 281. Had several power outages there and the "rolling" blackout, but had a neighbor turn up the thermostat last Saturday for when the power was on and dribble the faucets. Could find no evidence of any damage. Only issue there was resetting the clocks and water pressure was pretty low.. We fared a lot better than many of our neighboring communities. Stock tank was completely frozen over, but the creek was still running water so the cows could drink, and same neighbor put out a round bale for them All are doing fine, even the one runt calf.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Return to “Off-Topic”