PC Cancel Culture

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 45

PC Cancel Culture

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/entertain ... ccusation/

Peppe le Pew ( the skunk ) removed from Space Jam 2.

OneGun
Posts in topic: 2

Re: PC Cancel Culture

Post by OneGun »

There are some groups of people that just need an enema!! Sometimes, a cartoon is just a fictional cartoon! In fact, a cartoon is always a fictional cartoon! People need to learn the difference between fiction and reality.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Grayling813 »

If there's one thing the past year has taught me, it's that a majority of the people in the world are ignorant.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 8

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Large corporations are using cancel culture to virtue signal. They are all just looking for an excuse to cancel something and get some virtue points.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 45

Post by philip964 »

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2479490/di ... ristocats/

Disney pulls Dumbo, Aristocats and Peter Pan.

I know previously Song of the South was pulled long ago. Zip a de Do Da was the song I remember. Also previously pulled was one about Mexico made during World War II to help the war effort to keep the Southern border safe. I never saw it and don't remember the name.

Dumbo was really sad, never wanted to see it again. Aristocats was lame. But Peter Pan was really enjoyable as I remember. Much better than any of the live action versions. I wonder if the Peter Pan ride will be axed in Fantasyland?

https://govtrackinsider.com/two-bills-w ... 636bdc7ea3

And in case you missed it. J. Edgar Hoover is on the chopping block. Him being gay didn't save him.

Erasing history is in the book 1984 I'm told.

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

Here's another example - https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles ... ame-change

Full disclosure - I never worked for the Morning News, but I did work at WFAA-TV when it was owned by A.H. Belo Corp, and then later worked at the corporate offices of Belo, in the broadcast side. A total of 23 years.

Ultimately, A.H. Belo spun off the broadcast division into a separate company, which was later sold to another large broadcast entity.

A.H. Belo Corp has been the longest continuously operating company in the State of Texas, tracing its roots to the founding of the Galveston News.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

srothstein
Posts in topic: 6

Post by srothstein »

I hate to tell them this, but most people never heard of the A.H. Belo corporation, let alone of A.H. Belo as a person. Those that had probably did not know he was a confederate soldier or officer either. I would have expected it for any Texan at the time. I doubt the name of the company hurt anyone's feelings.

And proof that this is just virtue signaling is having the press release say "See, we aren't prejudiced, we promoted a Black Woman to Deputy Publisher."
Steve Rothstein

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Gee, do I now have to change my name because my Great Grand Father was a 1LT in the Confederate Infantry and his younger brother died in Pickett's Charge. The vast majority of Confederate Soldiers and even Confederate Officers did NOT own slaves. They joined to defend their state because of their allegiance to their state, friends and neighbors which was a much stronger influence then than it is now.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

philip964 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:36 pm https://www.click2houston.com/entertain ... ccusation/

Peppe le Pew ( the skunk ) removed from Space Jam 2.
That stinks. :biggrinjester:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mrvmax »

You think that is bad, watch this. This is the real power of cancel culture, to ruin a families business and life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OJIucA3zsc

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 8

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

mrvmax wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:16 am You think that is bad, watch this. This is the real power of cancel culture, to ruin a families business and life.

This infuriates me to a point I can't possibly describe. Not without being canceled from this forum for speaking in forbidden language :tiphat: .

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mrvmax »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:41 am
mrvmax wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:16 am You think that is bad, watch this. This is the real power of cancel culture, to ruin a families business and life.

This infuriates me to a point I can't possibly describe. Not without being canceled from this forum for speaking in forbidden language :tiphat: .
I agree and the police (who most think will protect them) just sit back and let it happen. Vandalize all you want, the police won't lift a finger since even they don't want to oppose them.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

mrvmax wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:39 pm

I agree and the police (who most think will protect them) just sit back and let it happen. Vandalize all you want, the police won't lift a finger since even they don't want to oppose them.
and maybe off topic a bit...but this is why we have a strong castle law
then i see the south texas ranchers worried about illegals crossing thier land and are afraid to stop them..bull its private property and if you feel feared then you have that right to take action
arrggggggg
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

I didn't have time to watch the entire youtube, so read the news stories. The owers of Nini's deli dared to express opinions that were not aligned with the BLM movement and LBGTQ movement. That's what got them canceled. They expressed their opinions. Had the owners chosen silence, they'd still be in business.

The notion of free speech in the country is GONE! Just like Dr. Seuss and Pepe Le Pew! Social Media gave people the ability to blast their voice and silence many people out of fear. There is no mutual respect for having a contrary viewpoint. You are either assimilated or your GONE.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

OneGun wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:13 pm The notion of free speech in the country is GONE! Just like Dr. Seuss and Pepe Le Pew! Social Media gave people the ability to blast their voice and silence many people out of fear. There is no mutual respect for having a contrary viewpoint. You are either assimilated or your GONE.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
I grew up in the Baptist Church. We spent a lot of time speculating about the "End Times." We understood that the "666" thing was a symbol for the real "Mark of the beast." In recent years, I've come to believe it is this PC stuff. If you want to buy or sell, you must have the Mark of the Beast. Sounds exactly like what is happening now with the Cancel Culture.
enthusiastically tow the line, or go broke.

Return to “Off-Topic”