No place but Afghanistan- NYPost Taliban on roller blades with AR-47,s

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Ruark
Posts in topic: 1

Re: No place but Afghanistan

Post by Ruark »

What they should do is anything that works to get our people out. Anything. Then, after they're all out, send in the B52's and turn the place into a parking lot.
-Ruark

Paladin
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Paladin »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:24 am ...
There’s at least pound of gold in the following article, explaining how a generation of fruit salad generals might fail to give solid advice to corruptible politicians, and why those political mollusks might refuse to act on the few precious nuggets of good advice they did receive. It offers a thorough explanation, going back hundreds of years.
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news ... -lee-smith.
Ibn Khaldun showed that every ruling establishment, what he called “royal authority,” will eventually bring the house down on its own head. The luxury and corruption that are the inevitable consequences of civilization replace the stern ways that forged the tribe’s assabiya. And setting out to destroy group solidarity intentionally raises the stakes considerably for the ruling power.

For our elite, the fall began during the tail end of the Bill Clinton presidency when Democratic Party strategists augured that they’d soon have a permanent hold on power thanks to urban intellectuals, young single women, racial and ethnic majorities, and the LGBT community. What is described as a coalition is in fact a mélange of clients with varying and sometimes opposing interests that can only be held together by stoking a communal hatred of the national majority—the white middle class.

It was hardly a coincidence that this demographic was the source of the wealth that the establishment was busy transferring to themselves and abroad, through initiatives like the North American Free Trade Agreement. The elites rationalized their impoverishment of the white middle class by claiming that they were dying anyway.
Classic! :cheers2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 49

Post by philip964 »

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

WikiLeaks Reviews Some Of Its 'Greatest Hits' Leaks On Afghanistan
Julian Assange speaking in 2011: "The goal is to use Afghanistan to wash money out of the tax bases of the US and Europe through Afghanistan and back into the hands of a transnational security elite. The goal is an endless war, not a successful war"
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... an/619807/

“I eaves dropped on the Taliban what I learned”

Atlantic so it’s liberal. But worthwhile reading.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

The United States has spent $83 billion training, equipping, and even paying Afghanistan’s security forces since 2001, a mammoth amount.
link

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:34 am https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... an/619807/

“I eaves dropped on the Taliban what I learned”

Atlantic so it’s liberal. But worthwhile reading.
One way I look at it. Afghanistan is their home. We are an invading force in their home. What would we do if a foreign country sent an invading force here to conquer us? Pretty much the same darned thing they do. Never quit fighting.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Pentagon: Unknown Amount of Captured Weaponry at Taliban’s Disposal

estimates:
“600,000 rifles and machine guns; 76,000 vehicles
Uncle Joe had us PAY for the 600,000 military rifles and machineguns he gave the Taliban... and he doesn't want us to have any. Crazy is as crazy does.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Grayling813 »

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

Grayling813 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:59 pm Image
I thought I remembered from my Navy days, that if you had too many ribbons, you wore the top 3. I only ever had two myself, so no concerns. :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2021/08/ ... etnam.html

Afghanistan learned the lesson of Vietnam. Don’t be the last guy to die in a losing war.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:12 am https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2021/08/ ... etnam.html

Afghanistan learned the lesson of Vietnam. Don’t be the last guy to die in a losing war.
While Milley was reading Marx and Mao, the Taliban leaders and the leaders of the Afghan government we set up were reading about Vietnam.
:mad5

Milley needs to resign.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 10

Post by powerboatr »

ScottDLS wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:31 pm
I thought I remembered from my Navy days, that if you had too many ribbons, you wore the top 3. I only ever had two myself, so no concerns. :biggrinjester:
as a sailor, yes the top three ribbons were the norm unless local policy dictated otherwise....HOWEVER ,,,,,,,
my last command was the most politically correct command in the navy. it was the largest class A school for airdales. Our CO had us wear ALL of our ribbons to show the new folks something??? its was a money suck, ribbons getting caught in all kinds of stuff, (lab coats, seat belts, etc) so we were allowed to go flat magnetic facsimile made of some plastic materiel that had ribbons printed on it and held in place from behind with a magnet

best 30 dollars i ever spent on uniform items
i would think this talking head general would have them as well
biden and his staff and joint chiefs and sec of defense should be held on charges of failure of oath or office and maybe working with terrorists
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

powerboatr wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:03 pm
as a sailor, yes the top three ribbons were the norm unless local policy dictated otherwise....HOWEVER ,,,,,,,
my last command was the most politically correct command in the navy. it was the largest class A school for airdales. Our CO had us wear ALL of our ribbons to show the new folks something??? its was a money suck, ribbons getting caught in all kinds of stuff, (lab coats, seat belts, etc) so we were allowed to go flat magnetic facsimile made of some plastic materiel that had ribbons printed on it and held in place from behind with a magnet

biden and his staff and joint chiefs and sec of defense should be held on charges of failure of oath or office and maybe working with terrorists
I had the National Defense Service Medal (i.e. the there was a conflict going on, but I wasn't there medal) and the Sea Service Deployment Ribbon (3 years on sea duty). Never wore them shipboard unless I was OOD in port with whites or blues. Otherwise I was wearing "wash khakis" or engineering coveralls.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 10

Post by powerboatr »

ScottDLS wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:45 pm
powerboatr wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:03 pm

I had the National Defense Service Medal (i.e. the there was a conflict going on, but I wasn't there medal) and the Sea Service Deployment Ribbon (3 years on sea duty). Never wore them shipboard unless I was OOD in port with whites or blues. Otherwise I was wearing "wash khakis" or engineering coveralls.
oh man i liked wash kakis, easy to take care of and not hot like that C n T s
last deployment we wore coveralls almost all the time, small ship air det was the cats meow .
now back to our regularly scheduled post
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “Off-Topic”