No place but Afghanistan- NYPost Taliban on roller blades with AR-47,s

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 49

No place but Afghanistan- NYPost Taliban on roller blades with AR-47,s

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/afghan-officials ... 10201.html

3 women aid workers administering polio vaccine to children were murdered in separate attacks.
Last edited by philip964 on Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
philip964

Re: No place but Afghanistan

Post by philip964 »

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ad-wounded

Taliban declares open season on remaining Americans in Afghanistan.

I guess this will be Trumps fault as well. Kamala will be put in charge.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.sky.com/story/afghanistan- ... l-12300620

Children among the 55 killed in school bombing.

Taliban making sure US evacuation is peaceful.

Pretty much everyone who knows anything believes Xiden’s withdrawal will end badly.

Time will tell.

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 6

Post by MadMonkey »

It's getting worse as we prepare to pull out (EDIT: attacks against the Afghan population and especially the ANA and ANP... I really wouldn't want to be those guys right now). Some of the attacks are being reported as "accidents" as well... don't believe the news.

Y'all please pray (if you're so inclined) that we get all of our people out of here safely. Fortunately it's been fairly quiet lately but that can change in a hurry.

Due to our jobs it's looking like myself and my coworkers will be some of the last contractors out of the country. Hopefully sooner, I want a hamburger something fierce :drool:
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

MadMonkey wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:39 pm It's getting worse as we prepare to pull out (EDIT: attacks against the Afghan population and especially the ANA and ANP... I really wouldn't want to be those guys right now). Some of the attacks are being reported as "accidents" as well... don't believe the news.

Y'all please pray (if you're so inclined) that we get all of our people out of here safely. Fortunately it's been fairly quiet lately but that can change in a hurry.

Due to our jobs it's looking like myself and my coworkers will be some of the last contractors out of the country. Hopefully sooner, I want a hamburger something fierce :drool:
Holy Crap! For some reason I did not realize you were over there. Please take good care of yourself and get back safely!

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:49 pm
MadMonkey wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:39 pm It's getting worse as we prepare to pull out (EDIT: attacks against the Afghan population and especially the ANA and ANP... I really wouldn't want to be those guys right now). Some of the attacks are being reported as "accidents" as well... don't believe the news.

Holy Crap! For some reason I did not realize you were over there. Please take good care of yourself and get back safely!
Thanks, we're doing our best :cheers2:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:49 pm

I forget that this forum is worldwide. Yes please get back safely.

Just be thinking about the cool out of country tax deduction when your back.

Sad for the people your leaving.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/sister-had-many- ... 35689.html

They are saying 70 school girls murdered in the blast.

Odd that the left has aligned itself with this treatment of girls and women.

It this blood on Xiden’s hands.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Rafe »

White House Weighs Evacuating Afghans as Time Runs Out

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... e-runs-out
White House national security aides have held several meetings about the issue in recent days to trade ideas, discussing options including a mass evacuation of thousands of people to a third country where they could be processed and brought to the U.S.

The biggest concern for U.S. officials is that Afghan citizens who played an invaluable role serving American forces and contractors such as translators, consultants, office assistants and drivers would be quickly targeted by Taliban forces, especially if they continue to gain ground on President Ashraf Ghani’s government in Kabul.
Planning efforts to help Afghans who worked with Americans started far too late, according to people inside and outside the administration. The coronavirus pandemic poses an additional challenge, making it harder for other countries to consider accepting possible refugees.
The Biden administration is letting 1,200 illegal aliens a day come through our sieve-like southern border with still, here in the middle of May, no action to solve the problem...or even slow it down.

He'd darned well better not abandon the Afghans who have been loyal allies for the last 20 years. Not a single one of them.

The U.S. closed its embassy in Kabul on January 31, 1989. It reopened in late 2001, was under construction until 2006, and now here we go again. By 2022 the Taliban will be in control of Afghanistan again.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Lawmakers frustrated over White House's ‘total lack’ of urgency in helping Afghan interpreters

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/1 ... ops-489290
Lawmakers “have been completely underwhelmed by the total lack of a sense of urgency, or a plan” to prioritize the safety of the thousands of Afghan interpreters and others who qualify for such visas and who will be hunted down by the Taliban if the Biden administration does not take action, said Rep. Michael Waltz (R-Fla.), a former Green Beret who worked with Afghan interpreters during his deployment. “The day the last U.S. soldier goes wheels up out of Bagram air base, we’ve handed these people a death sentence,” Waltz said in an interview.
Even members of his own party signaled that Biden needs to do more to ensure safety for the Afghans who have spent decades providing critical help to Americans and other Western allies fighting in Afghanistan.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/taliban-warns-ne ... 03867.html

Taliban is warning its neighbors of consequences of harboring US assets after US troop pullout in Afghanistan.

Can they smell weakness?

Wonder how meeting between Xiden and Putin will work out?

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Top US military officer ready to 'rapidly' evacuate Afghan interpreters, if ordered

https://www.foxnews.com/world/top-us-mi ... terpreters

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

US to hand Bagram base to Afghan forces in 20 days, says official
https://news.yahoo.com/us-hand-bagram-a ... 37269.html
The US military will hand over its main Bagram Air Base to Afghan forces in about 20 days, an official said Tuesday, as Washington presses on with withdrawing the last of its troops from the country.

The vast base, built by the Soviets in the 1980s, is the biggest military facility used by US and NATO forces in Afghanistan, with tens of thousands of troops stationed there during the peak of America's military involvement in the violence-wracked country.

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

If anyone is interested, I left Bagram today and am sitting in Kabul waiting for the plane to refuel. Lord willing I'll be having dinner in Dubai in a few hours.

Thanks to all who have prayed for our safe return. Since I last posted we didn't get attacked again in Bagram and most of my guys are on the way out.

On the interpreter issue.... they really do get treated like garbage. Fortunately, the linguist I've worked with the most is a Trump-loving Texan and he's safely home :txflag:

EDIT: Made it to Dubai. Time for a steak :cool:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3053851/gu ... ghanistan/

ISIS went bed to bed murdering sleeping landmine clearing workers.

Return to “Off-Topic”