Buds Guns

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 2

Buds Guns

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I choked on my coffee when i saw the price for a 50 round box of CCI 9mm range ammo.40 dollars! Am surprised to even find some available. That new S and W 9mm shield plus is catching my eye. I cant decide if the price they want for one is worth the extra rounds. Buds Guns online is selling these items and they are in stock.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Buds Guns

Post by oljames3 »

Keep an eye out at Cabela's/Bass Pro. Today, Cabela's in Buda, I picked up 5 150 round boxes Herter's 9mm 115 grain FMJ for 29.99 a box. Just gotta catch 'em at the right moment. 5% military discount helps off-set the tax. 5 box limit unless you have a Cabela's card. I got my card today, so next time I can get 8 boxes.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

oljames3 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:35 pm Keep an eye out at Cabela's/Bass Pro. Today, Cabela's in Buda, I picked up 5 150 round boxes Herter's 9mm 115 grain FMJ for 29.99 a box. Just gotta catch 'em at the right moment. 5% military discount helps off-set the tax. 5 box limit unless you have a Cabela's card. I got my card today, so next time I can get 8 boxes.
My Cabela's (League City) has this sign on the door. They also had no rifle ammo on shelves that I could find. I spoke with a salesman from whom I have purchased a couple of vintage used firearms and he told me there are scouts who check for ammunition several times a day and then have their people raid the store in groups to sweep all the ammo up to sell it at gun shows.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Ammo, the new toilet paper.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Topic author
Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Just got home from work and looked in Cabelas web site. Every box of ammo i clicked on says "Not available online".

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

They should ID buyers and set a monthly quota
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Beiruty wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:24 pm They should ID buyers and set a monthly quota
Cabela's quota is daily; 5 boxes unless you have a Cabela's card, then it is 8 boxes.

GT Distributors has a monthly quota of 100 rounds by caliber or bullet type.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Take Down Sicko wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:24 pm Just got home from work and looked in Cabelas web site. Every box of ammo i clicked on says "Not available online".
The Cabela's in Buda only sells ammo on site, in person. I'm betting the other Cabela's are doing the same.

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

I dropped in Academy in Flower Mound around 10:30 this morning, remembering that Thursday was a "truck day". Gobs of people milling around in the isles when I asked for a number at gun counter. Got #71. Clerk said ammo was "still on the truck" so I asked if he had any clue what was on it, as I was looking for some 22 CCI Minimags. He checked paperwork and said, "Sorry, none." So I thanked for his time and gave him back the #71 and moved on.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

I remember a few years ago there was an auction house near me that always had nice guns that went for reasonable, and sometimes great prices. This was a nice deal until Cabelas got wind of it and started bidding up all the worthwhile items for their Gallery. I guess what goes around comes around.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

I’ve been getting ammo at GrabaGun when they send out emails showing they have it.

https://grabagun.com/
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Return to “Off-Topic”