No place but Minneapolis

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

baseballguy2001
Posts in topic: 5

Re: No place but Minneapolis

Post by baseballguy2001 »

While I agree I would use every advantage available, the quote you refer to was about three LEOs trying to arrest a suspect who was resisting. if three against one isn't advantage enough, somebody is in the wrong business.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

philip964 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:08 pm https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/fat ... IV2DOQ77Q/

Fatal shooting of man during traffic stop in Minneapolis appears to be accidental, said taser, drew gun instead.

Looting last night.

Minneapolis sure needs to catch a break.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/325-million-s ... d=85554681

Family of dead punk is now rich with 3.25 mil settlement.

They stopped him found out he had an outstanding warrant for a gun charge, he resisted being handcuffed.

Office said taser but drew gun and fired.
Attachments
1196BEBB-D9B3-4CD2-ABFD-CEFD77C39F58.jpeg

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://alphanews.org/non-woke-liberals ... campments/

Hell on Earth.

Scouts watch and wait for people to leave their homes.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Ruark
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ruark »

What a ghastly mental picture. I'm sitting here in our quiet, peaceful, safe little gated community 30 miles out of town, just shaking my head at how some people in this country have to live. But as some have said, they're getting what they voted for. These people will have these experiences, then turn around and re-elect the same governors and mayors and legislators.

I'm wondering if eventually this will generate a vigilante justice situation, where residents of a neighborhood will form armed groups to police their areas and (hopefully) beat the living crap out of anybody who dares commit these acts. Sounds extreme, but something's gotta give eventually; this can't go on forever.
-Ruark

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 12

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Ruark wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:26 am What a ghastly mental picture. I'm sitting here in our quiet, peaceful, safe little gated community 30 miles out of town, just shaking my head at how some people in this country have to live. But as some have said, they're getting what they voted for. These people will have these experiences, then turn around and re-elect the same governors and mayors and legislators.

I'm wondering if eventually this will generate a vigilante justice situation, where residents of a neighborhood will form armed groups to police their areas and (hopefully) beat the living crap out of anybody who dares commit these acts. Sounds extreme, but something's gotta give eventually; this can't go on forever.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://alphanews.org/minneapolis-teach ... ers-first/

New teachers Union contract calls for white teachers to be laid off first.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Excaliber »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:22 pm
Ruark wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:26 am What a ghastly mental picture. I'm sitting here in our quiet, peaceful, safe little gated community 30 miles out of town, just shaking my head at how some people in this country have to live. But as some have said, they're getting what they voted for. These people will have these experiences, then turn around and re-elect the same governors and mayors and legislators.

Looking at the issue historically, vigilantism is one possible outcome. It occurs where folks have some backbone and refuse to live in fear.

The other option is total submission and resignation to being victimized whenever the local thugs get around to them. In most of the major cities option two appears to be more likely.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

03Lightningrocks

Excaliber wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:00 am

Looking at the issue historically, vigilantism is one possible outcome. It occurs where folks have some backbone and refuse to live in fear.

The other option is total submission and resignation to being victimized whenever the local thugs get around to them. In most of the major cities option two appears to be more likely.
I intentionally try to avoid "big cities". On the rare occasion I find myself in one, I notice that most people seem to live in a 2 foot bubble around themselves. They walk along not noticing anything or anybody around them. I swear I think I could walk down the sidewalk in a pair of underwear and not be noticed. It is weird.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:19 am

I intentionally try to avoid "big cities". On the rare occasion I find myself in one, I notice that most people seem to live in a 2 foot bubble around themselves. They walk along not noticing anything or anybody around them. I swear I think I could walk down the sidewalk in a pair of underwear and not be noticed. It is weird.
So when are you going to visit San Francisco?
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

03Lightningrocks

anygunanywhere wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:35 pm

When hell freezes over.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:31 am
anygunanywhere wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:35 pm

When hell freezes over.
:smilelol5:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Excaliber »

That's why most folks won't even notice if you open carry unless you make it especially conspicuous (full size gun, white shirt, khaki pants). Even then many won't notice.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

03Lightningrocks

Excaliber wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:27 am

That's why most folks won't even notice if you open carry unless you make it especially conspicuous (full size gun, white shirt, khaki pants). Even then many won't notice.
:iagree: :iagree:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://alphanews.org/staggering-propor ... re-scheme/

Federal government paid out 250 million dollars for fake meals for kids. The scale of the fraud was unbelievable. Luxury cars, real estate, foreign travel. When they suspected fraud and stopped the payments a court ordered them to continue paying the money out.

Return to “Off-Topic”