No place but Minneapolis

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 12

Re: No place but Minneapolis

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

baseballguy2001 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:19 am If a 25 year police vet doesn't know how to subdue a resisting motorist without using deadly force, that is a serious problem. It's either negligence, or incompetence. Take your pick.
A 20 year old punk thug doesn't know that you are not suppose to fight the police? Negligent or incompetent parents? He created the situation that lead to his own demise. When was the last time you thought it was OK to fight the police and run?

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:28 pm
baseballguy2001 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:19 am If a 25 year police vet doesn't know how to subdue a resisting motorist without using deadly force, that is a serious problem. It's either negligence, or incompetence. Take your pick.
A 20 year old punk thug doesn't know that you are not suppose to fight the police? Negligent or incompetent parents? He created the situation that lead to his own demise. When was the last time you thought it was OK to fight the police and run?
Great way to put that my friend. I couldn’t have said it better. Isn’t it main hall of these “deaths” have a common thread. Resisting! Fight it in court. Don’t start out with civil unrest.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

The parents spoke. Heard them on the radio. They will never have justice etc. etc.

03Lightningrocks

carlson1 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:00 pm
Great way to put that my friend. I couldn’t have said it better. Isn’t it main hall of these “deaths” have a common thread. Resisting! Fight it in court. Don’t start out with civil unrest.
It is blatantly apparent that the MSM is refusing to discuss why these situations develop in the first place. Until these thugs are told to stop fighting the police, more will be killed.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 5

Post by parabelum »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:44 pm
It is blatantly apparent that the MSM is refusing to discuss why these situations develop in the first place. Until these thugs are told to stop fighting the police, more will be killed.
I agree that arguments and grievances are to be taken into the courtroom and not on the side of the road. I also agree that many if not most of these events could be decreased if these kids would have better parenting, and if they wouldn’t pull stunts like trying to resist and flee.
Now, can we also agree that there appears to also be a disturbing trend of gross incompetence and negligence within some departments? Training issues? Dare I question officers on prescription medications that could impair judgement? All of these warrant examination and adjustments in my opinion.
I say that as a close friend and as a relative of several brothers in blue who feel the same.
They are just as much sick and tired of these little thugs wannabe gangsters as much as of the ilk of this officer, one from Floyd’s case and sadly, many others, such as the one who killed Ashli and got acquitted (that’s a whole another can of beans there..).
Officers like the lady who shot this kid “accidentally” taint the good work that 90+% of officers do, and it makes lives for the rest of the Blue a living you know what.

03Lightningrocks

parabelum wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:02 pm
I agree that arguments and grievances are to be taken into the courtroom and not on the side of the road. I also agree that many if not most of these events could be decreased if these kids would have better parenting, and if they wouldn’t pull stunts like trying to resist and flee.
Now, can we also agree that there appears to also be a disturbing trend of gross incompetence and negligence within some departments? Training issues? Dare I question officers on prescription medications that could impair judgement? All of these warrant examination and adjustments in my opinion.
I say that as a close friend and as a relative of several brothers in blue who feel the same.
They are just as much sick and tired of these little thugs wannabe gangsters as much as of the ilk of this officer, one from Floyd’s case and sadly, many others, such as the one who killed Ashli and got acquitted (that’s a whole another can of beans there..).
Officers like the lady who shot this kid “accidentally” taint the good work that 90+% of officers do, and it makes lives for the rest of the Blue a living you know what.
:iagree: to some extent but will also point out that police are being killed in the line of duty at a clip never seen before. Can one really fault them for being a tad nervous in these situations?

03Lightningrocks

This guy explains my point of view on this whole situation perfectly. He is speaking a truth the MSM and the leftist scum in this country want to pretend does not exist.

https://fb.watch/4U_uFRhla5/

baseballguy2001

Post by baseballguy2001 »

I really don't care what the media does, or says. What really makes me nervous is some people think it's OK for a government agent to use deadly force on an unarmed suspect who is resisting arrest. If that's where we we are, it's not that far a leap to execute drivers for traffic violations. I can already hear the counter arguments - "that will never happen, She didn't know he was unarmed!, it's ridiculous, over the top", etc, etc. The punk resisted, last I checked, resisting is not an offense punishable by death. Even here in Texas. What I'm saying is, every time an LEO uses deadly force, it must be independently questioned, thoroughly. Every minute detail, every second, challenged. After all, we're in charge, they get authority from us, not the other way around. It seems to me, in this case, that LEO royally screwed up and she should suffer serious consequences.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:18 pm
parabelum wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:02 pm
:iagree: to some extent but will also point out that police are being killed in the line of duty at a clip never seen before. Can one really fault them for being a tad nervous in these situations?
LEO is a 100% voluntary profession. When a day comes when you as a LEO find yourself to be a bit edgy and nervous, right/wrong or indifferent, that ought to be a day to consider moving into a different career field, for everyone’s sake.
Too many oopsies and too many cases that could in most cases be attributed to nervous nelly officer.
Again, those in blue that I know are rock solid and that’s exactly what my cousin said, as well as a detective buddy of mine with whom I had a good discussion on this just yesterday.
If you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen. LE job is mentally and physically challenging. Very stressful to even most seasoned of them all. Again, if and when tine comes when you find yourself in a performance flux (mental, physical and or spiritual), for the sake of public and your fellow officers, it’s time to move on.
I’ve watched many good firefighters in my fire/Ems days do the same. Walk out of a structure fire, take the scba mask off and say “this is it for me”.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://apnews.com/article/death-of-geo ... 7a393e698d

Rioting looting after man was killed pointing gun at US Marshalls.

August 25, 2021

https://news.yahoo.com/minnesota-mosque ... 00740.html

Supposedly right wing mosque bomber’s lawyers say he is transgender and he should get a lower sentence as this conflict caused him to do the things he did.

September 9, 2021

Daunte Wright filmed posing with a gun before alleged 2019 robbery.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/man-shot-minneap ... 53863.html

Man sues after he shoots at police during George Floyd riots. He is found not guilty. So now he is suing 19 police officers for injuries he received during his arrest after shooting at them.

He didn’t know they were police officers and he stopped shooting at them when he realized they were police officers. The jury believed him and found him not guilty.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Defund the Police goes down in flames in Minneapolis.

Council members who supported it are having a tough night.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://maps.co/map/619333f95e2d8772482 ... iOWq-MXktY

Map of Minneapolis car jackings from 2020 and 2021 all precisely located for your enjoyment of Democratic leadership.

clarionite
Posts in topic: 2

Post by clarionite »

baseballguy2001 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:45 am I really don't care what the media does, or says. What really makes me nervous is some people think it's OK for a government agent to use deadly force on an unarmed suspect who is resisting arrest. If that's where we we are, it's not that far a leap to execute drivers for traffic violations. I can already hear the counter arguments - "that will never happen, She didn't know he was unarmed!, it's ridiculous, over the top", etc, etc. The punk resisted, last I checked, resisting is not an offense punishable by death. Even here in Texas. What I'm saying is, every time an LEO uses deadly force, it must be independently questioned, thoroughly. Every minute detail, every second, challenged. After all, we're in charge, they get authority from us, not the other way around. It seems to me, in this case, that LEO royally screwed up and she should suffer serious consequences.
You don't have to have a gun to be a threat to my life. Anyone that thinks gun fights should be fair fights will lose a gun fight.

If I believe my life to be in danger, I will do whatever I can to stop that danger. And if I'm in a fair fight, I wasn't thinking far enough ahead.

Return to “Off-Topic”