No place but Minneapolis

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 23

No place but Minneapolis

Post by philip964 »

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/fat ... IV2DOQ77Q/

Fatal shooting of man during traffic stop in Minneapolis appears to be accidental, said taser, drew gun instead.

Looting last night.

Minneapolis sure needs to catch a break.

comsec
Posts in topic: 1

Re: No place but Minneapolis

Post by comsec »

Negligent discharge, not an accidental discharge.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

Suspect had a warrant and ran. Doesn’t make it justified, but I have to wonder if there would be this many deaths if people would just not resist.

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

I agree with the sentiment that he didn't deserve to die for this.

But It's getting pretty old when people put themselves in the situations that these mistakes happen, and then it's the officer's fault. As I tell my students in class, the side of the road isn't the place to argue with an officer. And escalating a situation to the point that they're having to restrain you, escalates the chances that mistakes will be made and you won't go home, ever.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Hands at 10 and 2. Yes Sir. I’m going to reach in my back pocket for my ID’s.

I keep my insurance certificate in my glove box. Would you like me to get that now. Yes Sir.

Thank you Sir.

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Another example of officers out of control. And then there's the black Army Lt.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Chaparral

Post by Chaparral »

The officer’s body cam clearly shows the Glock extended, with her finger on the trigger, for several seconds before she fired. I guess she couldn’t tell a Glock from a taser, or her right hand from her left hand, or maybe her backside from a hole in the ground. One has to wonder about the Brooklyn Center police training.

Chaparral

Post by Chaparral »

oohrah wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:09 pm Another example of officers out of control. And then there's the black Army Lt.
Well, I heard on the news today that he kept driving, slowly, for two minutes after the police first lit him up. He then refused to get out of the car when asked by officers. It seems that there might be another side to this story.

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Syntyr »

Civilians with "gasp" ARs protecting stores.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

oohrah wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:09 pm Another example of officers out of control.
Seriously, you see no responsibility with the suspect? :shock:

The suspect dictated how things went and decided to resist well before things went south. If you honestly think the police are bad and racist and out to kill black people, then why on earth would you resist and force them to react???!?!!?!?!!??!? Simply comply and sue them for false arrest.

I haven't heard a single "black leader" call out for people to comply and fight it out later... instead it's a call to riot and protest, which only further divides us. And it destroys communities.

Want to fix these communities? Have a recruiting effort in them to develop more black LEO's and also counsel people in those communities not to resist arrest... take the money spent on rebuilding cities and spend it suing the crap out of people who violate other's rights.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Syntyr wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:22 pm Civilians with "gasp" ARs protecting stores.
Yep, we were told there is no possible defensive use for an AR. :roll:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

This is the victim in the negligent discharge.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 12

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

oohrah wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:09 pm Another example of officers out of control. And then there's the black Army Lt.
Two completely unrelated scenarios. The Army LT was not resisting arrest. He did not have any warrants for his arrest. He was not a thug looking for trouble. The cop in his case over reacted. The Lt put his emergency flashers on and drove slowly to a lighted place. His part in the issue in his case was not complying with the officers commands. He was playing intentionally stupid. Had he simply complied with the officers commands to get out of the car, he would not have gotten pepper sprayed. Just the same, he was done wrong by an over zealous cop. The young hood rat on the other hand, had a warrant for his arrest and attempted to fight off the cops and escape in his car.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Google Shadow Bans Searches For “Riots Today” Following Violent Unrest in Minnesota

I guess riots were only Google approved when Trump was president? :lol::
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

comsec wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:16 pm Negligent discharge, not an accidental discharge.
Warning Graphic!

Video

Warning Graphic!

Video does show what appears to be explicit negligence.
female officer yells, “I’ll tase you, I’ll tase you. Seconds later, the officer yells “Taser, Taser, Taser” shortly before the pistol is fired.

“Holy (expletive)! I shot him,” the officer says after apparently discharging the pistol instead of a Taser.
I'm gonna say that the video backs up the negligent, but UN-intended shooting scenario.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Off-Topic”