LTC Instructors standing with Bloomberg

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jmorris
Posts in topic: 1

LTC Instructors standing with Bloomberg

Post by jmorris »

Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

carlson1

Re: LTC Instructors standing with Bloomberg

Post by carlson1 »

As always, the usual suspects are screaming BLOOD IN THE STREETS at the prospect of constitutional carry.
One of minions is the California implant Chief of Police in Dallas. I was giving him a lot of leeway hoping he would be a great Chief. Not anymore....

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Syntyr »

carlson1 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:55 pm
As always, the usual suspects are screaming BLOOD IN THE STREETS at the prospect of constitutional carry.
One of minions is the California implant Chief of Police in Dallas. I was giving him a lot of leeway hoping he would be a great Chief. Not anymore....
I'd give you Art "Hollywood" Acevedo but he already left for Miami...
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I am a proud LTC instructor, and I welcome constitutional carry.many folks will still want to get a license, and we’ll still have a market in those people.

It’s a shame some folks can’t look past their own wallet to see the greater good. Hmmm, sounds like liberals.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Syntyr wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:17 pm
Are you saying that Acevedo is no longer running any department in the State of Texas? If that is so, I guess miracles do happen from time to time.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

I was in the room at the capital when Dr. John Lott testified regarding "Permitless Carry." If you have never met Dr. Lott, think "Sheldon Cooper" on the TV show Big Bang Theory personality, but the man knows his statistics and facts and presents the FACTS in an unemotional manner. He is a nationally recognized expert on the real statistics regarding carry of guns as well as correlation of the use of guns in crime. He has made an exhaustive study on those states which have already passed Permitless Carry, but spoke mainly about Arizona and Indiana. According to Dr. Lott, in those states AFTER passing Permitless Carry, applications for permits took an initial dip, but then not only returned to pre-Permitless numbers, but increased. One explanation was that those carrying desired more training. As for the "Blood in the Streets" crowd, Dr. Lott's numbers showed no significant increase OR decrease in crimes involving firearms in those states.

I am an LTC instructor as well as a School Safety Instructor and after initial concern, am in favor of HB1911. Instructors should NOT be "one trick ponies," but teach Introduction to firearms, firearms safety, and more advanced defensive classes rather than relying on just the LTC class.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Vol Texan wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:18 am I am a proud LTC instructor, and I welcome constitutional carry.many folks will still want to get a license, and we’ll still have a market in those people.

It’s a shame some folks can’t look past their own wallet to see the greater good. Hmmm, sounds like liberals.
AF-Odin wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:57 am I was in the room at the capital when Dr. John Lott testified regarding "Permitless Carry." If you have never met Dr. Lott, think "Sheldon Cooper" on the TV show Big Bang Theory personality, but the man knows his statistics and facts and presents the FACTS in an unemotional manner. He is a nationally recognized expert on the real statistics regarding carry of guns as well as correlation of the use of guns in crime. He has made an exhaustive study on those states which have already passed Permitless Carry, but spoke mainly about Arizona and Indiana. According to Dr. Lott, in those states AFTER passing Permitless Carry, applications for permits took an initial dip, but then not only returned to pre-Permitless numbers, but increased. One explanation was that those carrying desired more training. As for the "Blood in the Streets" crowd, Dr. Lott's numbers showed no significant increase OR decrease in crimes involving firearms in those states.

I am an LTC instructor as well as a School Safety Instructor and after initial concern, am in favor of HB1911. Instructors should NOT be "one trick ponies," but teach Introduction to firearms, firearms safety, and more advanced defensive classes rather than relying on just the LTC class.
:thumbs2:

Thanks Gents!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:37 am
Syntyr wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:17 pm
Are you saying that Acevedo is no longer running any department in the State of Texas? If that is so, I guess miracles do happen from time to time.
Yep, he is actually gone. Probably left because he knows crime is starting to soar and trying to get out from under the Harding street raid ramifications. In an interview, he said he would love to return to Texas perhaps in another position. Yep as I suspected another craven politician!

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... -to-miami/
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I predict this will come back to bite these particular LTC instructors in the nether regions. Just like the guy who used to own what is now Boyert Shooting Center's Katy location. He spoke out against the ability to buy ammo online because it was cutting into his ammo sales business. And he no longer owns a gun range as a result.

AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

Good.

ELB

Post by ELB »

I saw a copy of the letter over at Texas Gun Talk. Looked like there were 56 names on it. The Texas DPS website lists 1848 LTC instructors who have opted to have DPS publish their names on the website. So...lots of other choices of LTC instructors, and the letter signers getting attention far out of proportion to what they deserve.

The letter:
https://crumpy.com/letter-from-ltc-inst ... e-members/
USAF 1982-2005

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

ELB wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:54 pm I saw a copy of the letter over at Texas Gun Talk. Looked like there were 56 names on it. The Texas DPS website lists 1848 LTC instructors who have opted to have DPS publish their names on the website. So...lots of other choices of LTC instructors, and the letter signers getting attention far out of proportion to what they deserve.

The letter:
https://crumpy.com/letter-from-ltc-inst ... e-members/
These instructors ought to be ashamed of themselves. They want to see rights infringed so they can continue to have a captive market.
WHEN this passes (hopefully not IF), I'll continue to teach LTC courses here in west Houston. Sure, there may be a dip in business for a while, but people will still want to get trained to know the laws, and the demand will come back up after a short while.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

jmra

Post by jmra »

On a local FB page post about Constitutional Carry a woman posted that she was opposed because the bill would damage local small businesses like her BIL’s LTC business. SMH
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “Off-Topic”